• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | April 2017 - Fly me to the Moon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arulan

I suppose I'll take the survey too:

chartgguzj.png

chart19nue5.png

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
Without giving any specifics, there's a little more to the game if you do find them all.

Is it just a better ending? You can spoil it if you want, already uninstalled it. I went back and got a few more tickets but I didn't feel it was worth the hassle

Regginator

Is it just a better ending? You can spoil it if you want, already uninstalled it. I went back and got a few more tickets but I didn't feel it was worth the hassle

If I recall correctly, the (extended) ending is just a confirmation that
you're a soldier that died during the Crusades and you did some awful stuff, and that's the reason you are where you are

A shame that the actual gameplay was rather shite, because Pony Island is quite the memorable game from a narrative/atmosphere perspective.

data

Is Transformers Dev. actually out of stock or do I need to mess with VPN stuff?

You need to set a UK address as default, apparently.

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
If I recall correctly, the (extended) ending is just a confirmation that
you're a soldier that died during the Crusades and you did some awful stuff, and that's the reason you are where you are

A shame that the actual gameplay was rather shite, because Pony Island is quite the memorable game from a narrative/atmosphere perspective.

Yep it only lasted a couple of hours and I felt like that was more than enough. Presentation and story were pretty cool though.

It's a 'true ending' of sorts, with a playable sequence.

If you *really* don't care about spoilers, here's a video. The sequence starts as soon as you get the final ticket: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mEgEnn9p4aw

Thanks, but it's just that and nothing adding to the story?

gngf123

First recommendation is Heroes of the Storm, which is nonsense. MGR is the second recommendation which is more like it.

I'd say it describes my tastes fairly well. Don't think the 32% story is quite right but I can see why it would think that.

I love a good story, but dislike most videogame stories. Loving Nier's storytelling right now

No wonder why I don't like games these days!

Recommendations:

Grim Fandango
The Talos Principle
Company of Heroes (series)
The Witness
FTL: Faster Than Light
Dark Souls (series)
Europa Universalis IV
Baldur's Gate (series)
Binding of Isaac

Great suggestions, but I've played them all :x

It wasn't even in my top 10 of last year, and last year was "eh" enough for me that my GOTY was a theme park management sim.

Planet Coaster was pretty good, but I'd rather play RTC2 tbh.

Thimbleweed Park is on the top of my wishlist at the moment, although after having the murderer spoiled yesterday I'm not so sure anymore ...

Jawmuncher

Did you tell them you like Resident Evil 6? Because of course then they'd recommend more shit. :p

RE6 > Battefield / COD
Is the community even still active for Planet Coaster? I really hope so but the OT is super inactive here.

You gotta take gaf OTs with a grain of salt. Since the community can be very sporadic to what they move onto next. Checking the workshop and steam community would be a better indicator.

Corpekata

Banned
Is the community even still active for Planet Coaster? I really hope so but the OT is super inactive here.

A decent handful of games just don't gel with the broader Neogaf community that do with other forums.

See Battle Brothers and it's sparse OT and it's 50 page thread on sites like RPG Codex.

gelf

When I did that test a month or so ago I barely registered on the chart. Probably because I couldn't give strong answers to most of the questions and so it had me down as not liking anything. In reality I like a wide range of stuff but that means I want to add a "it depends" qualification to most questions.

AHA-Lambda

First recommendation is Heroes of the Storm, which is nonsense. MGR is the second recommendation which is more like it.

I'd say it describes my tastes fairly well. Don't think the 32% story is quite right but I can see why it would think that.

I love a good story, but dislike most videogame stories. Loving Nier's storytelling right now

I got the HotS recommendation too and thought it very strange :/

sheaaaa

I stand by the assertion that Limbo is garbage after the first spider, and was only loved for the aesthetic. But I'm a fan of puzzle platformers that reward creativity and skill, not ones that endlessly punish you until you guess the one correct solution. I'll give Inside a try but I certainly would have never gotten it outside of a bundle.

I mean it's cool not to like the game but I enjoyed the gameplay and atmosphere, not just the aesthetic, so that's a bit presumptuous on your part.

Tonton

Beat Freedom Cry, was fairly lame and short tbh, not much worth of note about it

Started the Aveline thing, is this a more linear tease to Liberation or something?
Aveline seems cool i love her design
Speaking of that is Liberation HD worth it? Seems to have rather bad reviews both on Steam and metacritic

The mastery segment is weirdly balanced. I basically got 100%/0% for the two sub-categories, and it ends up at 30%...

The top recommendations are spot on although I have played every one of them except for Football Manager. Also, the only ones on the entire list that I haven't played are FFVI, Assassin's Creed Syndicate, and FFX.

• Sunless Sea
  • Stellaris
  • Pillars of Eternity
  • The Wolf Among Us
  • Total War (series)
  • This War of Mine
  • XCOM 2
  • Divinity: Original Sin
  • Tales from the Borderlands
  • Dragon Age (series)

Also I put Stellaris on my "played recently" thing which was supposed to influence the results... but probably not in this way?

You know, they probably use a similar thing to GAF's GotY system to determine similar games. Perhaps I should've listed more than the bare minimum categories... but oh well.

shockdude

"Action-Oriented, Persistent, Relaxed, Independent, Grounded, and Practical"
Sounds about right. Action/arcade games, sometimes puzzle games, plus a little bit of completion and (local) competition.
Probably should have scored a little higher in the Story subcategory but w/e.

None of the game recommendations were any good though. Maybe The Witness.
Full profile

Haven't posted in this thread yet, I am just doing the same old same old. Fighting games and still waiting for something to grab me lately. Might finish my PC version of Valkyria Chronicles 1 even though I beat it before.

Has atlus posted the results of their survey? Im waiting for the eventual persona plus expansion, whatever format it takes. Figured we would hear something a few months after persona 5 came out in English. If it comes out in 2020 in English maybe it will be on steam.

Megasoum

Banned
Humble has 10% off plus 1.50 back in your wallet if you're a monthly subscriber. Works out to be like 25.50?

Ah cool... Do you need a code for the 10% off? I only see the 10% for Humble Monthly on the store page.

Edit: Looks like that Steam might end up cheaper because of the exchange rate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom