• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | April 2017 - Fly me to the Moon

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think that Quantic Foundry thing is just a secret ad for Heroes of the Storm.

Haha, no kidding! It isn't subtle.

f55s9sq.jpg

Damn it. Lots of stuff are happening in the same day.

- Yooka-Laylee releases
- Cosmic Star Heroine releases
- Bayonetta Steam announcement
- Overwatch update announcement
- Dragon Quest XI announcement
- RIP Windows Vista
- Some other smaller announcements

What's with April 11th?

You're forgetting Planescape Torment Enhanced Edition.

Revealed:

Seems to be a Diablo type game.

I don't think so. It appears to be grid-based. It may just be a traditional roguelike.

yuraya

Tomorrow there will be 2 disappointments.

SEGA Bayonetta disappointment and a new Humble Bundle disappointment.

And SteamGAF will love them both.

Arthea

Tomorrow there will be 2 disappointments.

SEGA Bayonetta disappointment and a new Humble Bundle disappointment.

And SteamGAF will love them both.

what if there will be 3 x satisfaction instead, what then?

by third I mean Cosmic Star Heroine, of course

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- This is a giveaway for the thread url: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1357196.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

xxPVMYM.png

Mystery Gift -- MB-D3835D681A7D4AE1 - Taken by rostocker

Aaron D.

Are you making digital collection of shitty games??

XD

Speaking of s****y games.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5QFuiTPe4is

Not quite sure how this happened, but I dropped 4 hours into Candice after randomly coming across it yesterday.

Virtually all levels of production are lacking, but it's got an earnestness and charm about it that you rarely see from bigger productions. It's rough around the edges, but like all good folk-art it's oddly engaging and satisfying just the same. The solo dev shows an incredible amount of confidence here, likely knowing his skills aren't up to par, but forging ahead either way. Ironically, this is not a joke game. It's not made for YouTube streamers. Feels 100% authentic.

The lead character Candice DeBébé is quick & punchy. The writing is sharp. Characters are fully voiced, seemingly 99% from the lead dev, adding to the quirky charm. Looks like there's a lot of original songs in there too.

What a refreshing surprise.

i'm in a minority here but i found gta 5 to be really boring

i stopped playing it because of how distasteful and uninteresting it was

then again i'm also in the minority that actually likes gta 4

Same, same and same.

I really don't think the expansiveness did the game any favors. Vice City is probably the best one, and part of that is just how tightly packed the game is with interesting bits.

That, and it feels like driving in Miami: fucking frustrating.

Ill probably buy that ninja storm collextion once it hits pc just to play the first one since its the only one i havent played, also that wonderboy game looks really cool

Phawx

I beat Thimbleweed Park last night. It requires two play-throughs to 100% achievements.

Overall it's an excellent P&C Adventure game. There are a few places it stumbles but I'm not actually sure if it was *intended* to be "bad" in those particular instances. Without giving out spoilers, I'll give an example that was used in-game.

Very early on in the game, there is a moment where the fourth wall is broken and they reassure the player that Thimbleweed Park is not like Sierra games where the game can suddenly end and you'll need to back track through saves. But there actually *is* one instance where, KABOOM, game over, you shouldn't have done that, reload.

We, the players, are given fourth-wall-breaking information that is purposely false. While at first I thought this was just tongue-in-cheek stuff to laugh at older P&C tropes, instead I'm now thinking that there is an added layer of mystery that we're supposed to figure out?

The first half of the game starts with a Mystery Murder whose protagonists have hidden agendas themselves. During the course of the game as you reveal the plot, I almost feel like the mystery inverts itself. Like the information that we're given as players is, once again, false.

That is to say, I think there are multiple endings, but I've only experienced one. I experienced the one where I thought the fourth wall breaking information was truthful.

Naturally I could be WELL over-thinking things, but having experienced an ending that was kind of lackluster and re-thinking events that happened in the game, I have to wonder if there aren't more layers.

Anyhoo, Thimbleweed Park is solid even if you take everything at face value in the game.

Side-note: the voice actor for Leisure Suit Larry uses the Larry voice in the game. Not sure why that is either. MORE MYSTERIES.

FYI for those outside the UK (like me): this is nominally "region-locked", but all you need to do is change your account's primary address to a valid UK address. You don't need a VPN or a UK billing address, and the key itself worked in the US without any issue.

This might be a price error, but I can't see it getting any cheaper before Activision delists it, so get on that.

This deal expired, so I hope you didn't miss it. I got my key just by setting up a bar in London as a "shipping" address.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom