• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | April 2017 - Fly me to the Moon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Servizio

I don't really need a tag, but I figured I'd get one to make people jealous. Is it working?
fuck your seahorse JC

gC1033m.gif

What is this from?

Wok

So glad of the positive reaction towards anything Jim Sterling from SteamGAF so I thought I put more.

Jim's review for The Sexy Brutale is up:
10/10

More importantly, reviews should be coming in for the game...like Hardcore Gamer's review which they gave a
4.5/5

SEXY. BRUTALE. SAVAGE.

qRTED5a.png

After playing Deadlight, I am confident Tequila can be trusted.

RiME is 100% Tequila, and Sexy Brutale is more likely 75% Cavalier (3 indie devs) and 25% Tequila play-testing/polishing/publishing the game. So both games are bound to be interesting.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
"So it is that The Sexy Brutale unfolds over a tight couple of hours, players resetting and then racing against the clock to undo nefariousness in beautifully detailed sequences using their own eyeballs and ability to follow logical paths – with a little bit of guesswork here and there."

does this mean the game is 2 hours, or each murder is 2 hours?

Wok

"So it is that The Sexy Brutale unfolds over a tight couple of hours, players resetting and then racing against the clock to undo nefariousness in beautifully detailed sequences using their own eyeballs and ability to follow logical paths – with a little bit of guesswork here and there."

does this mean the game is 2 hours, or each murder is 2 hours?

8 hours.

Corpekata

Banned
Cyber Sleuth is okay, but it really feels cheap as fuck. So much garbage quest/area design and repeated content. Probably due to portable origins, but still found it pretty bizaare how people were heralding it as some great JRPG. Looks especially silly now after we're seeing the actual decent or high budget devs releasing their next gen JRPGs.

Though I say that as someone that doesn't have a particular nostalgia for Digimon beyond watching a few episodes on the show. Probably resonates more with the big fans.

Ugh, I'm beginning to really despise people who add me for the sake of just asking me for my Cards. I made my inventory Friends Only to deter the phishbots, but these people are adding me anyway to look at my inventory.

Time to set my inventory to Full Private and put another red blinking clause on my Steam profile to the effect of "If you add me for cards, YOU WILL BE BLOCKED." next to my minimum Steam level and no private profiles clause.

Cards were a mistake.

Endruen

Eh it on as fairly mediocre imo
Dungeons, Quests, Story, I only enjoyed it some because it's Digimon

I'd still rather have games in the style of Cyber Sleuth than Next order though

Maybe, but I really, really enjoyed it. I literally got the platinum a week ago.

zkylon

zkylewd
Same, same and same.

I really don't think the expansiveness did the game any favors. Vice City is probably the best one, and part of that is just how tightly packed the game is with interesting bits.

That, and it feels like driving in Miami: fucking frustrating.
i think a big part of why i respond better to vice city or san andreas than this is because of how up its own ass recent rockstar games have been

and besides RDR (not counting mexico), these games have absolutely terrible writing, that pretends to be clever but actually has shit to say (and it's also shit at saying that nothing)

this was true for gta 4 too, a game i like a lot, but i only like the general city navigation stuff, i skip all the cutscenes (i think you could do that? if not i just alt tab or play on my phone or whatever)

The Sexy Brutale looks right up my alley; adventure-puzzle with a murder mystery. It makes me want to watch 'Clue' tonight. Tomorrow should be a good day (Planescape, TSB, Bayo announcement). Sega please don't kill the vibe.

Jawmuncher

Cyber Sleuth is okay, but it really feels cheap as fuck. So much garbage quest/area design and repeated content. Probably due to portable origins, but still found it pretty bizaare how people were heralding it as some great JRPG. Looks especially silly now after we're seeing the actual decent or high budget devs releasing their next gen JRPGs.

Though I say that as someone that doesn't have a particular nostalgia for Digimon beyond watching a few episodes on the show. Probably resonates more with the big fans.

You just gotta think. Like 90% of digimon games are pretty bad. So something that at least competent is going to be seen much higher.

Endruen

It's pretty crappy. Very generic RPG with Digimon. I prefer the ones that feel like an actual Digimon game, like DW1.

To be fair, it's the only Digimon game I've played (except for Battle Arena), but I think it was a pretty solid RPG. They dragged the story too much, though, because it didn't really started until chapter 10 and the difficulty spikes playing it in hard were insane, but I really liked it and I look forward to Digimon World Next Order.

Nillansan

Regarding the FAR modification for Nier Automata, did anyone try the ambient occlusion fix that was integrated into the Testing Branch? Any impressions?

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Cate Blanchett is Australian whut...

Damn you JaseeeeeeC

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Surprised microgames aren't a thing in PC. You know, like Rhythm Heaven or Warioware.

Digimon World 1 could have been something great, but that battle system was just horrible.

And it definitely didn't get better with age lol.

A really refined DW1 will make me cream. And honestly you just need to pump Brain to get the gist of the battle.

To be fair, it's the only Digimon game I've played (except for Battle Arena), but I think it was a pretty solid RPG. They dragged the story too much, though, because it didn't really started until chapter 10 and the difficulty spikes playing it in hard were insane, but I really liked it and I look forward to Digimon World Next Order.

If you played one Digimon Story game you played them all. Cyber Sleuth just has this graphics thing going for it.

Dinjoralo

Digimon... Don't have any experience with it myself, though I'm not a fan of the 'mons designs. They just seem like they're trying too hard to look "Cool", for some definition of cool that I don't agree with.

This reminds me of that time when Gearbox was about to team up with G2A.
This reminds me of that time Dunkey beat Sky in Smash.

Cels

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Cels, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Limbo -- MB-CC018E066C159AF4

t1491851579z1.png

asdf

So, what is it about Atlus games that their IQ comes through PC remote play completely intact? Every other game I play through RP is full of compression artifacts and shit, but Odin Sphere and now Persona 5 have absolutely none of that marring their visuals.

Ludens

Banned
Just an info, apparently in the CE of Syberia 3 there's a comic book telling stuff going on while Syberia 3 happens, and after that there will be a graphic novel about stuff happened after the game.

Pachimari

I started up Dishonored today, and lo and behold, it has some great gameplay with some very interesting mechanics and powers. I'm still only at the start of it, but I surely do want to find Emily to clear my name. Those corrupt bastards are going down.

Now I'm thinking of buying Dishonored 2 just in case I should complete the first one soon.

Uzzy

I started up Dishonored today, and lo and behold, it has some great gameplay with some very interesting mechanics and powers. I'm still only at the start of it, but I surely do want to find Emily to clear my name. Those corrupt bastards are going down.

Now I'm thinking of buying Dishonored 2 just in case I should complete the first one soon.

Good idea, though I'd imagine it won't be too long until Dishonoured 2 is available on the cheap again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom