• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | April 2017 - Fly me to the Moon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amzin

I mean I enjoyed my 100%-ing of Shadow of Mordor enough, and even played AFTER getting 100%, which is super rare. Only even did that in like 1 of the Batman games (which are damn similar so guess I just like that genre). So I'm sure I'll enjoy it :p

Nillansan

Oh SHIT, it's Jim "the rap god" Sterling time!

d0q1enr.png

Would be pretty cool if Lashman came back.

Wok

At least, there is some suspense: will I get nauseated?

Camera has its moments but general very smooth experience and player movement.

My only gripe is the camera. Bloody things got a mind of its own sometimes.

Camera is the worst I've used on a current gen platform.

Platforming segments are mostly trivial, only lended difficulty by the games abyssmal camera.

At least, there is some suspense: will I get nauseated?

To clarify my issue, since you quoted me in a thread I didn't post in, the camera acts as a physical entity in yookalaylee's world. It acts as if a physical camera man is following Yooka around, someone who will trip over, get stuck on, and or, collide with anything you allow to get in his path.

Most games either use transparency, move the camera automatically to avoid hazards (even when the player is moving it with the right stick).

It's much worse than what I recall of Banjo Kazooies camera, and far worse than more modern platformers (Super Mario Sunshine for instance, resolved this issue across much more complex environments). I feel that even games like Rayman 2, didn't have this problem, but can't recall offhand.

Anno

Impressions in the CSH thread sound pretty glowing. And the game isn't insanely long! Looks like a definite purchase tomorrow.

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member
Impressions in the CSH thread sound pretty glowing. And the game isn't insanely long! Looks like a definite purchase tomorrow.

If it wasn't for Persona 5, I would be playing that game tonight. It looks so damn good.

PantsuJo

and Megatagmension.

"Hard Girls" sounds really dirty.
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away 26 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- This is a giveaway for the thread url: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1357196.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

MbmDY6z.png

Mystery Game -- MB-83DC7E49EB293B87 - Taken by Village
Mystery Game #10 -- MB-510085B64A536216 - Taken by chronomac
Mystery Game #11 -- MB-18E60137D8D7CC7E - Taken by PaulSane
Mystery Game #12 -- MB-A7ABE63A62F30DE3 - Taken by inky
Mystery Game #13 -- MB-ABAE7B360E11A4C4 - Taken by impliedsignificance
Mystery Game #14 -- MB-DE7B3FE5AF2F4A93 - Taken by fuzzy123
Mystery Game #15 -- MB-9B5235070D0EB3A3 - Taken by morningbus
Mystery Game #16 -- MB-A8B4F27157016FB7 - Taken by Nabs
Mystery Game #17 -- MB-9F4A8F2C9D104B5C - Taken by Platy
Mystery Game #18 -- MB-5DC7DD70409B1616 - Taken by Tall4Life
Mystery Game #19 -- MB-2ACE92A7B3E0D7CE - Taken by Baron_Calamity
Mystery Game #2 -- MB-B452BA64AD6B649B - Taken by the_firewithin
Mystery Game #20 -- MB-C9B8703165F3E001 - Taken by bobnowhere
Mystery Game #21 -- MB-0883FE3B1D7AFA41 - Taken by Nomadic Sparks
Mystery Game #22 -- MB-2E2B39BA3E168D5B - Taken by septicore
Mystery Game #23 -- MB-8E21AC3EACC4EC43 - Taken by v0rtikal
Mystery Game #24 -- MB-94D88C1E7253DFB9 - Taken by sadblob
Mystery Game #25 -- MB-780A869BA392CCD4 - Taken by Newblade
Mystery Game #26 -- MB-DD90C8430AB0C114 - Taken by sixteen-bit
Mystery Game #3 -- MB-16EBE530E9D73AE3 - Taken by dave is ok
Mystery Game #4 -- MB-F21B219905A2EE36 - Taken by Eila
Mystery Game #5 -- MB-40D294F4A15A4C09 - Taken by Mackenzie 92
Mystery Game #6 -- MB-C0D3B78F8F32E58C - Taken by illusionary
Mystery Game #7 -- MB-532F2B7C889476CE - Taken by Smeagol
Mystery Game #8 -- MB-2B6A8AAD504F58C5 - Taken by alr1ght
Mystery Game #9 -- MB-64EAF004263C90E5 - Taken by Kagemusha

I have no idea where the mistery giveaway person gets their games, because I never have them.

Lately the mystery games I get are ones I have, and the mystery games I give are taken by people who have them...

So I try to give clues now and/or avoid it altogether. But hey, you're lucky. :)

Ghazi

So I just saw that Black Mesa was a part of last month's Humble Monthly, does that mean the game is finally finished? I haven't been keeping up with it.

Knurek

A lot of unfair characterizations here. The fact of the matter is, the problem of transferring data from a remote server to a local device remains an essentially unsolved problem in the domain of computer science.

Indeed, some of the greatest minds of our generation, including Andrew Tridgell, Abhay Bhushan, Tim Berners-Lee and Bram Cohen, have all attempted to tackle this problem but as of yet, no practical, reliable mechanism exists for solving the aforementioned problem.

So let's maybe cool it with the Microsoft ridicule, shall we?

Gaming side has its moments.

Wok

Valley is 5.59€ if you already own Slender (who doesn't?).

To clarify my issue, since you quoted me in a thread I didn't post in, the camera acts as a physical entity in yookalaylee's world.

Thanks for clarifying.

Please note that I did not quote you specifically: I quoted all the people saying they have camera issues, because this might be the deal breaker for me (although I won't be able to refund anyway since I bought the game on GameBillet).

derFeef

Wait, so people really run with the DF+MS agenda?
At least they have a good run.

1. They hate consoles.
2. They love Sony and hate MS.
3. They love MS and hate Sony.
What comes next.

Also I might get addicted to PUBG and I usually never like those games. It's good.

I see some of you guys already have fun with that new thread about Crash "exclusivity". It's still funny to see those claims about "this is playstation series, there is no sense in releasing it on other platforms" while last Crash games was multiplatform and released on Xbox and Nintendo consoles. Sony's brand warriors are the worst.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Planescape Torment and that cool looking XCOM clone Shock Tactics are also out today? Everything was April 11th.

Tizoc

So I decided to finish up Uncharted 2 as part of clearing my backlog. I had stopped playing it some months ago and am now continuing it.
I got bored 10 minuets after the first shoot out, and I seem to have about 5-6 more hours to go.
No wonder I mentally told myself never to play it again after I beat it the first time when it released.
UC2 has good shooting and I'll give them credit for the 'cinematic' stuff but otherwise, it is such a bland uninspired game. Not even the light puzzles and platforming save it.

Lain

Valley is 5.59€ if you already own Slender (who doesn't?).

Thanks for clarifying.

Please note that I did not quote you specifically: I quoted all the people saying they have camera issues, because this might be the deal breaker for me (although I won't be able to refund anyway since I bought the game on GameBillet).

*raises hand*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom