• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | April 2017 - Fly me to the Moon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pachimari

Windows 10 update is out, adds Game Mode
What does this mean?

Can I block this update somehow? Since I've heard it breaks the emulators.

Nvidia Control Panel or the Geforce Experience app should allow you to enable DSR for downsampling

dsr-nvidia-control-panel-scaling-factors-640px.jpg
Is that all there is to it?

I remember a year or so ago I had to input my own resolutions somewhere.

I'm gonna try this anyway. Thanks!

kulapik

What does this mean?

Can I block this update somehow? Since I've heard it breaks the emulators.

Is that all there is to it?

I remember a year or so ago I had to input my own resolutions somewhere.

I'm gonna try this anyway. Thanks!

It doesn't break emulators, they just don't let them get in the Windows Store.

chronomac

Has anyone recorded framerates with the new Windows 10 game mode on and off? Would be interested to see if it made any discernible difference in performance.

I would love it if Platinum Games happens to develop bite sized games in addition to porting their own catalog. It'll be interesting to see what Platinum can come up with using more creative control.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
It's time for your Kickstarter, Platinum. Get out from underneath these publishers.

There were reports on here that it broke all emulators. Maybe they've fixed it.

How would they even accomplish this? They're just not allowing them on the Win10 store.

Nzyme32

Not sure if I idenfitied this correctly but either one of two things has prevented DSR on my PC from functioning. Either one of these has fixed the issue:

- Disable Win 10 Game Mode
- Nvidia driver update for Win10 creators update

Pachimari

I've bought Bayonetta for PS3, Xbox 369 and Wii U. Never really got into it. And honestly, I don't think Platinum Games titles are for me. But I'm definitely gonna give it a serious chance on PC. I just need to be patience and learn the different mechanics. It actually started to click for me on Wii U where I could do some sick move where I shot with my heels while standing upside down. That was hella stylish.

Majukun

I've bought Bayonetta for PS3, Xbox 369 and Wii U. Never really got into it. And honestly, I don't think Platinum Games titles are for me. But I'm definitely gonna give it a serious chance on PC. I just need to be patience and learn the different mechanics. It actually started to click for me on Wii U where I could do some sick move where I shot with my heels while standing upside down. That was hella stylish.

the only kinda omplicated mechanics of bayonetta is the dodge offset,which makes you continue combos after a dodge, but other than that it's just practice really, and learning enemies' timing
also, sound cues are important

Wok

Need advice quickly: What do you do if a game supposed to cost 35€ appears on the store for 25€? Do you assume it is a price mistake and buy it immediately?

For reference, the US price is $30 but the game was supposed to be sold for 35€.

What be this? Im on mpbile so ur link directs nowhere

Flinthook.

data

Need advice quickly: What do you do if a game supposed to cost 35€ appears on the store for 25€? Do you assume it is a price mistake and buy it immediately?

Uh... even if it was a price mistake, only buy it if you actually want to play it. That's not even the price mistake impulse buy territory.

platinum should try and give a second life to anarchy reigns on steam

For some reason, I always get this game's name confused with the game State of Emergency, which had all kinds of buzz about how it should be banned and censored.

How tame, looking back at it on this, the day we celebrate the re-release of a BDSM action game.

Wok

Uh... even if it was a price mistake, only buy it if you actually want to play it. That's not even the price mistake impulse buy territory.

True. It is on the list of games which I want to play this year (it's RiME).

The problem is, if it is not a price mistake, I might get an even better deal on Humble Store. Agh!

data

True. It is on the list of games which I want to play this year (it's RiME).

The problem is, if it is not a price mistake, I might get an even better deal on Humble Store. Agh!

Well, buy now, if it's cheaper on Humble, refund on steam, buy on humble. Seems easy.

Wasn't this the game where the switch version cost 10 more than the other consoles so it's 39.99? price seems right on steam

edit: http://www.pcgamer.com/rime-release-date-set-price-confirmed/

yeah, it's not a price mistake.

Wok

Well, buy now, if it's cheaper on Humble, refund on steam, buy on humble. Seems easy.

Wasn't this the game where the switch version cost 10 more than the other consoles so it's 39.99? price seems right on steam

edit: http://www.pcgamer.com/rime-release-date-set-price-confirmed/

yeah, it's not a price mistake.

Yeah, but the guy with his name in green did not see any problem setting the price at 35€ because "reasons".

and then:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom