• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | April 2017 - Fly me to the Moon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nzyme32

Damn, Bayonetta is a bunch of fun.

Though for whatever reason at some point all the settings got pushed to off or whatever, so I kept dying on the area where the plane can crash - turns out the UI was set to off, so I never saw the instructions of those kills you can do.

Shogo MAD has been on GOG.com for years though. Unless it got removed somewhere it between. If it was, consider this comment moot.

Also, I think I recently completed XCom 2 on normal (I'm not sure if Xcom2 still has a 'normal' ), but on a GTX460 -the absolute minimum spec- I'm actually just surprised it even runs at all. :lol:

I got a dark event intervention to prevent Chrysalids on every mission and it was 'protect the beacon' late game, with the
gatekeeper
being introduced on that mission, and all grenadiers unavailable because wounded. That was... a 'fun' predicament to be in. That mission was basically undoable since you get only three turns to get to the other side of the map where the attacked pod is, and every other enemy pod is in between or coming at you. FUN

Pachimari

I'm still wondering when we'll get those Army Men games on Steam that hit GOG last year. I wouldn't mind a port of Army Men 3D either.

Tagyhag

Nice! I played through this a few months ago and it still stands up.

(thanks for the heads up lash)

Aw snap, had no idea this was coming. I wonder how it holds up.

It's such a shame that no one ever mentions it when it comes to awesome mech games.

prudislav

seems like a lot of smaller interesting looking indie stuff also released alongside big hitters Bayo,Y-L, CSH or Sexy Brutale today:

Divine Ascent is a single and local-multiplayer strategy-puzzle game. The goal is to be the first to build towers, and to reach their tops to place temples.

Six of the biggest civilizations of the ancient times compete against each other, to be the one taken by the gods to the heavens. To this end, they've elected builders whose sole purpose is to erect monuments as high in the sky as possible.

A girl awakens in a castle void of color and time, affixed with the Curse of Thorns upon her back. After meeting a sleeping giant, the two work together to escape. Help them unravel the mystery of the thorns and the history behind the somber castle.
n A Rose in the Twilight, use Rose's power to absorb blood and transfer it to static objects. By doing so, colorless objects become red and regain the essence of time. You will also need to make use of the giant's super strength by lifting and throwing objects to clear your path.

Every stage is a puzzle waiting to be pieced together. The further you get, the harder it becomes, but the greater the risk, the bigger the reward. Discover how to solve each stage as you delve deeper into the story's grim origins.

Cryptocracy is a game that can make you sit up and take a notice about how our modern society is organized and who really runs it.
If you have no problem with imagination, the game can show you who is behind the curtain...
Of course, you will need help to understand it​ all, so here comes one former zillionaire and power broker, who was nicely set up by his colleagues. Together you will manipulate people and look forward to tons of money and influence!

A gameplay is based on 2 different classic match mechanics - one you need to gain power and money, the other one is to confront protesters (nobody said that to rule the world is easy).

Shock Tactics is a single player turn-based sci-fi strategy game with tactical combat, exploration, squad management and base building.
Your team are the trailblazers for the first wave of Free Space Pioneers exploring a newly discovered alien planet. While searching the hostile world for alien technology you lead your team into tactical combat against pirates, alien creatures and the troops of the Imperial Consortium. Set up outposts and dig sites to exploit the secrets that this new world holds, in order stand against the incoming invasion. Everything is out there for the taking, but nothing will come free.

Speed through stunning, stylised environments tracing ribbons of light, releasing the energy in the music. Battle strange enemies and fight epic boss battles all driven by an incredible licensed soundtrack.

Independent micro-studio ‘Mad Fellows' brings you a unique and innovative game featuring music from Noisia, Flux Pavilion, Katy B, The Prototypes, Neosignal and many more.

Crawl is the local multiplayer dungeon crawler where your friends control the monsters! Battle through dungeons and power up your hero - if a friend kills you they take your place and it's their turn to crawl. It's a race to gain enough XP and loot to take on the hulking final boss!

Spark the electric jester is an action/platformer video game heavily based on best classics from the 16-bit era from both sides of the aisle.
You play as Spark, an electric jester frustrated by the loss of his job! On one beautiful day, robots decided to take over the world. Seeing as Spark's job was taken by a robot, he decided this was the perfect opportunity for his revenge! Spark will have to travel through the world and be engulfed in high-speed thrills and tons of action against the robots and the one who has taken his job.

Pretty eventful day. How is the Bayonetta port for everyone?

I've been playing for a few hours now, it was one of my favorite games from last gen and it holds up great, still not a lot of games out like it (although convenient timing off the heels of Nier:A). 60fps / 30fps (cutscenes) locked but no complaints for an 8 year old game + $20; certainly an improvement over the console versions.
Durante has a good write-up here.

SEGA/Platinum doing good work. I hope the strong sales are sending a message to continue.

Jawmuncher

Anyone remember the thread that had all of the fake templates for Steam game pages?
NVM found it
bayonettauaueo.jpg

vanquish7ae4x.jpg

valkyria_chronicles_ssiu34.jpg

How times change

Tagyhag

Anyone remember the thread that had all of the fake templates for Steam game pages?
NVM found it

How times change

Yeah I love these mock ups.

Reminded me of the mockup of a visual novels page on Steam with people saying "Man could you imagine"

Now look at where we are.

Orgen

Glad that bayonetta released on steam. Best game of the previous gen (with the 2 Mario Galaxy) and still a joy to play. I'm debating triple dipping after beating the game on 360 and almost 100%ing it on Wii U (only Rodin left to beat)

Uzzy

Started the Bayonetta download four hours ago, then left to go play some board games with my friends. At the time, Steam was reporting that it'd be finished in two hours.

Just got back home, and 7gb of Bayonetta had downloaded, while Steam was reporting that it'd be finished in two hours.

Jalal

another co-sign for crawl. coo idea that is well executed.

Co-signed, although I didn't get to play as much :)

It's also currently on sale at 37% over at Chrono.

Its a good deal for under 10$, even if you are playing alone, like I did.

But if you have people to play with its a no brainer. The gameplay is designed, like the best local multi games, to ruin friendships/relationships, while looking cool. The pixel art is very nice as well.

Glad that bayonetta released on steam. Best game of the previous gen (with the 2 Mario Galaxy) and still a joy to play. I'm debating triple dipping after beating the game on 360 and almost 100%ing it on Wii U (only Rodin left to beat)

Maybe this will finally be the platform I complete Platinum Ticket on

Kifimbo

This is likely an unprecedented golden age in gaming. So many new great blockbusters, dozens of interesting indie games, recent favorites/cult games being updated and ported to new platforms and old classics being restored/remastered.

Knurek

Bayonetta and Cosmic Star Heroine up on Steam.
Creators Update (temporarily) blocked.
Drew Scanlon found a mate.
All's right in the world.

Jadax

Take.
ModBot said:
Instructions for Jadax:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Jadax, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Galactic Civilizations II: Ultimate Edition -- MB-41B6DEDD3CB82F26 - Taken by White Wolf

t1491947940z1.png

chronomac

Here's some garbage. I simply PMed ModBot to get a list of unused keys and got this back. Some of these probably don't work but hopefully it's not too many. Like 95% sure that Sunless Sea one ain't going to work but you never know! Enjoy?

ModBot said:
Instructions for chronomac:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 15 Steam keys and 3 other items. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a garbage dump. No other rules apply, you may claim as many as you want (there are no limits or throttles), and keys you win won't be counted as wins for your record. Do not SELL these keys for a profit.

A Virus Named Tom -- MB-28E7267BF2DC12AC - Taken by Kagemusha
Hospital Tycoon -- MB-C7F2BC25A0438306 - Taken by ModBot
Killing Floor - Chickenator DLC -- MB-65AD3AD2B87B3B9D - Taken by Mikurden
Killing Floor - Community Weapon Pack 1 DLC -- MB-E825B42189F6D6BF - Taken by fuzzy123
Killing Floor - Community Weapon Pack 2 DLC -- MB-0D1605CB811571F7 - Taken by fuzzy123
Killing Floor - Community Weapon Pack 3 DLC -- MB-94A2B9BCE91B4669 - Taken by fuzzy123
EfagyaM.png
SMITE Xbox One Closed Beta -- MB-69321F7B8F4E721E
Sunless Sea -- MB-0F230217DB6BF47B - Taken by ModBot
Super Hexagon -- MB-00847969A5C74436 - Taken by ModBot
Thomas Was Alone -- MB-24A81CE9FC1039A4 - Taken by ModBot
Tiny & Big in Grandpa's Leftovers -- MB-E0C16B0E8158E9E5 - Taken by ModBot
VVVVVV -- MB-0291FFBDECF399E4 - Taken by krczt23
Waking Mars -- MB-2176BE1C9591CA1C - Taken by MaxiLive. 1 entrants total. - Taken by Jadax
World of Tanks Invite Code -- MB-448A10A7C22A4A16
World of Warships Bonus Content -- MB-B5368D437B222BD3 - Taken by Kagemusha
World of Warships Closed Beta Key -- MB-FA24AF7D2F66978C
xWBm0BY.png
Ghost Recon Phantoms E3 Avatar (Uplay) -- MB-7B274899642E1CF8
xWBm0BY.png
Ghost Recon Phantoms Starter Pack (Uplay) -- MB-ABFFF8668A5DDFC3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom