• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | April 2017 - Fly me to the Moon

Status
Not open for further replies.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away 23 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- This is a giveaway for the thread url: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1357196.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

A Family of Grave Diggers -- MB-6E62746F4FA17A82 - Taken by redlacs
Arson & Plunder -- MB-E7ADD3723A9BF2C7 - Taken by sadblob
Ashbourne -- MB-FA1DF65950D2ABDC - Taken by Professor Lexicovermis
Carton -- MB-298D856F731B1B4C - Taken by InquisitorAles
Crash and Burn Racing -- MB-1A05A0396757834D - Taken by septicore
Crispy Chicken -- MB-98EF45E0A3D2D3D9 - Taken by septicore
Dark Egypt -- MB-3DD97577047DF5C4 - Taken by lazerfox
Dark Shores -- MB-A287F5B73E1FD384 - Taken by Vastag
Defend Your Crypt -- MB-322FF60D060C95FE - Taken by fuzzy123
Fergus the Fly -- MB-D5966FC6F9E2B571 - Taken by fspm
Finding Teddy -- MB-9F17216746ACF294 - Taken by FeedMeAStrayCat
Galactic Landing -- MB-3CEE17FA649CC547 - Taken by Hakkelus
Girl Amazon Survival -- MB-6CE34D1EC35FD161 - Taken by rainking187
Green Game: Timeswapper -- MB-103DE55F4E8C170A - Taken by pislit
Jumping Tank -- MB-2BFF9B7696216498 - Taken by Tart Toter 9k
Super Cube Smash -- MB-8E1658DF13FB6387 - Taken by Belgarion
Tracks of Triumph: Good Old Times -- MB-73DF12457655FE9C - Taken by voodooray

Uncompromising Trash -- MB-42E30BAA720CDF61 - Taken by Vuze
Zia and the Goddesses of Magic -- MB-77F7C1A60DB2F13C - Taken by Eila

By the way, there were some errors processing your keys...
Error: The key you tried to add for Energy Cycle Collector's Edition failed because it was already in ModBot from another user. If you wish to re-gift a key, please read the help thread under 'I accidentally took a key I didn't want' and follow those instructions before re-adding.
Error: The key you tried to add for Fergus the Fly #2 failed because it was already in ModBot from another user. If you wish to re-gift a key, please read the help thread under 'I accidentally took a key I didn't want' and follow those instructions before re-adding.
Error: The key you tried to add for Gravity Error failed because it was already in ModBot from another user. If you wish to re-gift a key, please read the help thread under 'I accidentally took a key I didn't want' and follow those instructions before re-adding.
Error: The key you tried to add for Kingdom of Aurelia: Mystery of the Poisoned Dagger failed because it was already in ModBot from another user. If you wish to re-gift a key, please read the help thread under 'I accidentally took a key I didn't want' and follow those instructions before re-adding.

Knurek

giphy.gif

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Planescape: Torment, Yooka-Laylee and The Sexy Brutale as well.
(RIP sales-wise I mean)

Yooka is the third best seller only behind Bayo (obv) and Playerunknown Battlegrounds, the new sales juggernaut for the last few weeks.

The others tho... ;_;

Is Stump here?

the best way to get a hold of Stump is to go to the TV show thread and say you love superhero shows

Started the Bayonetta download four hours ago, then left to go play some board games with my friends. At the time, Steam was reporting that it'd be finished in two hours.

Just got back home, and 7gb of Bayonetta had downloaded, while Steam was reporting that it'd be finished in two hours.

2 hours for 11gb, RIP uzzy

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.

Vibranium

Banned
Dino Crisis would look so good on Steam. So much so, I made this mock-up. Please Capcom do it for me.
I also made this tweet you could retweet if you want. This isn't a large scale "Sega Ports for PC" initiative. But I might as well put it to work.
https://twitter.com/Jawmuncher/status/851918810881945600
dream9ducy.png

I support your dream Jaw, but this is the same company that won't port Ace Attorney to PC despite having HD assets. Or bring DGS1 and 2 and Ace Attorney Investigations 2 to the west... ;_;

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
I used the RE7 page as a template for that. Forgot that was the old version I posted.

Haha no worries, was just thinking that would be some monkeypaw shit where you end up getting Dino Crisis on PC but it ends up being terribly crippled by modern DRM

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.

Nzyme32

Dino Crisis would look so good on Steam. So much so, I made this mock-up. Please Capcom do it for me.
I also made this tweet you could retweet if you want. This isn't a large scale "Sega Ports for PC" initiative. But I might as well put it to work.
https://twitter.com/Jawmuncher/status/851918810881945600
C9Keyv7XkAA5A1C.jpg

Jawmuncher plz

Why would a re-release of Dino Crisis on Steam incorporate Denuvo?

Why would it ever be rated "very positive"....

:p

Nzyme32

Here's some garbage. I simply PMed ModBot to get a list of unused keys and got this back. Some of these probably don't work but hopefully it's not too many. Like 95% sure that Sunless Sea one ain't going to work but you never know! Enjoy?

You think these gems are garbage....

Sunless Sea Thomas Was Alone, Super Hexagon, VVVVV.....

Respect lost

Jawmuncher

Capcom probably bailed when they saw the price, their biggest Dino Crisis-fan on GAF only wants to pay $9.99.

I would pay $59.99 if not more for it. But I had to keep the price in a better light after the whole bulletstorm thing (especially when compared to today's bayonetta release)

MRORANGE

Saw Ghost in the Shell, pretty good feel, it looked amazing with the visuals and Scar Jo was on top form as always. Love the robotic / AI plot and amazing visuals, would watch again.

Is the Anime any good? saw it on Steam looks pretty dated, hopefully it's in English.

Uzzy

Saw Ghost in the Shell, pretty good feel, it looked amazing with the visuals and Scar Jo was on top form as always. Love the robotic / AI plot and amazing visuals, would watch again.

Is the Anime any good? saw it on Steam looks pretty dated, hopefully it's in English.

It's alright. Nothing special though.

Amzin

The original anime movie is one of my all time favorite movies, in general, but some of that is nostalgia and some of it is specifically due to things a lot of people don't like. I love the weird, deliberate pacing in it. Conversely, I thought the live action GitS was alright, but hated the pacing and shoe-horned excuses for certain throwback scenes.

The show is supposed to be amazing but ironically I never started it.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.

Great, now I have to buy a new monitor...

CHOOSE YOUR OWN ADVENTURE:

A Path:
because it is now covered in my ejaculate.

B Path:
because my diamond-hard erection burst through my desk like a creature from Alien, shredding through the monitor.

W Path:
I came before seeing the picture, but the hot gust produced from my urethra knocked it over into the the pools of ejaculate on my floor.

Anno

A couple people around here play FFXIV, right? I'm looking to get into an MMO for the first time in awhile and was just curious what the current opinion is of the game.

Endruen

A couple people around here play FFXIV, right? I'm looking to get into an MMO for the first time in awhile and was just curious what the current opinion is of the game.

Just try it. Now it's free until lvl 35. The Elder Scrolls Online is free this week too.

Great, now I have to buy a new monitor...

CHOOSE YOUR OWN ADVENTURE:

A Path:
because it is now covered in my ejaculate.

B Path:
because my diamond-hard erection burst through my desk like a creature from Alien, shredding through the monitor.

W Path:
I came before seeing the picture, but the hot gust produced from my urethra knocked it over into the the pools of ejaculate on my floor.

I didn't know morningbus was helping Yoko Taro design the next game in the NieR series.

chronomac

Sunless Sea in a garbage dump giveaway? Staggering!

Like I posted before, the key almost definitely doesn't work. I just wanted it out of my loot listing. And some of those others, like VVVVVV, aren't garbage - just not all that wanted anymore. I mean, that specific key's still sitting there.

jshackles

I started playing it again a few weeks ago after having played it briefly back when A Realm Reborn was released. The game holds up alright but there are some noticeable signs of aging. There were a few new features and sections that didn't exist back in 2014 when I played, but I'm still fairly early in the game and haven't even come close to thinking about doing any of the expansion content. The game seems a bit more balanced for "solo play" now, if you're like me and don't really have a group of people to play with. Bonus points because trial accounts don't have a time limit any more so you can solo ever class up to 35 (if you want to) before paying anything.

The downsides I've come across are mostly comparisons I've drawn to The Elder Scrolls Online which is my typical MMO of choice given it's lack of monthly fees. Predominantly this comes down to FFXIV's lack of voice acting. Major cut scenes have voice acting but this is easily 1/100th or 1/1,000th of the game's content. So expect to be reading - a lot. Given the nature of this game, it's easy to just mash the button to make the character "shut up and give me my quest" and then afterwards going "I guess I really should have paid attention to that." I know this happens with any MMO really, but I felt like ESO handles that aspect better as the voice acting is generally at least acceptable (if not great) and it helps to draw you into the story - even the small side quests.

There is an absolutely mind-blowing amount of content to enjoy, but of course the downside here is that it's designed to be a bit of a slog since the game is still running on the subscription model. Some quests feel really needlessly drawn out.

The game is still fun, and there is a new expansion pack releasing later this year so there is certainly renewed interest. But given that there are some really great MMOs out there jumping on the "no subscription cost" model, it's difficult to recommend FFXIV unless you are a huge FF fan or have a bunch of friends that play the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom