• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | April 2017 - Fly me to the Moon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Duke ain't cheap ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ He demanded gearbox raise the price to have more money for bubblegum.

I'd imagine if Borderlands 3 doesn't light the world on fire, Gearbox is in deep deep trouble.
I feel the market needed for Borderlands 3 to succeed is changing more and more by the years and it's not for the best.

MUnited83

For you.
pgkKBN1.gif

Peeps be thirsty for Bayonetta. I don't really have any urge to jump on it just yet as the amount of praise for the game didn't quite align with my actual experience of it, but I'll get it sometime just to support the effort. I really want more of Clover's efforts on Steam rather than Platinum, because Revengeance is their best game as far as I'm concerned and it's already out. I just really want God Hand and Okami. Viewtiful Joe wouldn't be bad either.

Nice! I played through this a few months ago and it still stands up.

(thanks for the heads up lash)
Now that Shogo and Septerra Core are on Steam, we just need Oni to complete that part of late 90s weeaboo games.

Village

I feel the market needed for Borderlands 3 to succeed is changing more and more by the years and it's not for the best.

i disagree.

I feel as though there isn't really a place thematically that occupies the space that does, and I don't think the desire for what borderlands is going just magically go away

Knurek

Bayonetta started for me at 20+ fps with drops with 99% GPU usage.
For a minute I was like - wha?
But then I realized I forced SGSSAAx8 and the game decided to start in 4K.
~30% GPU utilization at 1080pSGSSAAx8, all's good in the world.

Pachael

After the asinine sharing restriction on Persona 5 I don't expect anything from Atlus until there's a major management change.

It'd help if Sega Japan are on the program, but they are also mostly silly billies. Yakuza PC is one thing, the new Valkyria debacle is another.

Jadax

Apparently had it.
ModBot said:
Instructions for Jadax:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Jadax, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Waking Mars -- MB-2176BE1C9591CA1C - Taken by MaxiLive. 1 entrants total.

t1491977070z1.png

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away 21 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- This is a giveaway for the thread url: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1357196.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

I7Ufybq.png

Mystery Game -- MB-7FC4C732956015EA - Taken by voodooray
Mystery Game #10 -- MB-70B481C38CA44E44 - Taken by Village
Mystery Game #11 -- MB-C19AF45E0F9F17AE - Taken by madjoki
Mystery Game #12 -- MB-6E62746F4FA17A82 - Taken by redlacs
Mystery Game #13 -- MB-FA1DF65950D2ABDC - Taken by Professor Lexicovermis
Mystery Game #14 -- MB-298D856F731B1B4C - Taken by InquisitorAles
Mystery Game #15 -- MB-1A05A0396757834D - Taken by septicore
Mystery Game #16 -- MB-3DD97577047DF5C4 - Taken by lazerfox
Mystery Game #17 -- MB-A287F5B73E1FD384 - Taken by Vastag
Mystery Game #18 -- MB-D5966FC6F9E2B571 - Taken by fspm
Mystery Game #19 -- MB-103DE55F4E8C170A - Taken by pislit
Mystery Game #2 -- MB-1486C6BF4C64FB02 - Taken by sadblob
Mystery Game #20 -- MB-2BFF9B7696216498 - Taken by Tart Toter 9k
Mystery Game #21 -- MB-8E1658DF13FB6387 - Taken by Belgarion
Mystery Game #3 -- MB-FC7345294BF9F6CA - Taken by claytonlee101
Mystery Game #4 -- MB-71E666305B6E6756 - Taken by kionedrik
Mystery Game #5 -- MB-062FBFE64FA3CBB9 - Taken by PaulSane
Mystery Game #6 -- MB-A658A2DEFC4A7E6A - Taken by Servizio
Mystery Game #7 -- MB-981ED90575A9694B - Taken by NeoRaider
Mystery Game #8 -- MB-99F24908D6B80B87 - Taken by Smeagol
Mystery Game #9 -- MB-E107F708DF5A3995 - Taken by Dusk Golem

Tizoc

An hour?
Yeah I've got better things to do with my time :/

You can double the speed of a video playing on Youtube, so you could speed thru the video in about 30 mins :p

My 1 hour will be spent finishing up Speed Runner. Dang that movie's long, but quite good IMO.

zkylon

zkylewd
yea i don't like what i'm seeing, the combat looks pretty robust, specially when you switch characters on the fly, but it kinda looks like borderlands which is not really what i was looking for from this game?

idk, doesn't look very interesting

It looks more fun at 41:25 because there's actually some combat going on
yeah i skipped there before making this post, definitely more interesting than that first mission but it still looks kinda boring to me?

combat looks kind of robust but it looks like borderlands or something, which is really really boring for me

AHA-Lambda

You can double the speed of a video playing on Youtube, so you could speed thru the video in about 30 mins :p

My 1 hour will be spent finishing up Speed Runner. Dang that movie's long, but quite good IMO.

XD

Is Agents of Mayhem a Saints Row game or not? Also it doesn't look very good.

Spin off I guess? It's got Ultor references in it, so it certainly seems in the SR universe

Uzzy

Bayonetta's finally downloaded, woo. I booted it up earlier to test that it all worked, and now I'm ready to put it down while I finish Persona 5. Maybe I'll have some spare time after I win WW2 in Steel Division, or fight in the name of the Emprah in Dawn of War 3.

Please stop releasing all these good games so close together, give me chance to catch my breath, jeez.

image.php

is that the major?

Nonsense, I never have the Major as my avatar.

User reviews:
OVERALL: Overwhelmingly Positive (591 reviews)

Thank you based Sega

took Ages tho

Overwatch update
Yooka Laylee
Bayonetta

Best Tuesday in a long while

Bayonetta's finally downloaded, woo. I booted it up earlier to test that it all worked, and now I'm ready to put it down while I finish Persona 5. Maybe I'll have some spare time after I win WW2 in Steel Division, or fight in the name of the Emprah in Dawn of War 3.

Please stop releasing all these good games so close together, give me chance to catch my breath, jeez.

Nonsense, I never have the Major as my avatar.
Speaking of the Emprah, Horus Rising series is still available on Humble Book Bundle, it's a nice and cheap way to get into the books.

Now that Shogo and Septerra Core are on Steam, we just need Oni to complete that part of late 90s weeaboo games.

Holy crap they are on steam!?

Anyone else get the two pack for $9.99 as a kid of those two. Got it for Septerra and hated that punk rock guy, dove into Shogo and had my mind blown. First FPS I ever beat. Might nostalgia blinders get this and never play them lol.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Oh god Bayonetta runs so good in my toaster.

It's so strange that the PS3 version was crappy in hindsight.

Pachimari

Saw Ghost in the Shell, pretty good feel, it looked amazing with the visuals and Scar Jo was on top form as always. Love the robotic / AI plot and amazing visuals, would watch again.

Is the Anime any good? saw it on Steam looks pretty dated, hopefully it's in English.

The movie is better than the anime.

Glad you liked the movie!

Tizoc

Saw Ghost in the Shell, pretty good feel, it looked amazing with the visuals and Scar Jo was on top form as always. Love the robotic / AI plot and amazing visuals, would watch again.

Is the Anime any good? saw it on Steam looks pretty dated, hopefully it's in English.

The movie is better than the anime.

Glad you liked the movie!

+1 to this

the anime has its moments but it's not the gretest, the movie is amazing

Not sure if serious.

Gc5a9OW.jpg

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Platinum magic baby

Whoever ported the PS3 version was crap. Also, Little Stone is alive (the Valkyria Chronicles port team); their name is in the credits in Bayonetta.

So Platinum themselves were the ones responsible for this port like in Wii U, but the PS3 one was a different group - in-house Sega?

So Platinum themselves were the ones responsible for this port like in Wii U, but the PS3 one was a different group - in-house Sega?
Story seems to be that another studio handled the PS3 port without Platinum's supervision and they were appalled at what the result was. They haven't let anybody do their ports since (Besides the Wii U version, which was worked on with... Twin Bee I think is the studio name).

All of their other games are pretty close on both PS360. Now it seems that they do all of their stuff in house which is great.
Interesting

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Black Soma, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Choice Chamber -- MB-5B61E50014AC74CA - Taken by Vuze

Tizoc

Just beat Oneshot.
Charming little game and it is a rather 'light' take on some of Undertale's themes.
Should I be replaying the game to fully understand the whole plot though?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom