• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | April 2017 - Fly me to the Moon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Waiting on Steam reviews of A Rose in the Twilight before buying it but it seems not too many people got it. Poor game, came out on the worst possible day to get buried by other major PC releases.

Teggy

Dino Crisis would look so good on Steam. So much so, I made this mock-up. Please Capcom do it for me.
I also made this tweet you could retweet if you want. This isn't a large scale "Sega Ports for PC" initiative. But I might as well put it to work.
https://twitter.com/Jawmuncher/status/851918810881945600
C9Keyv7XkAA5A1C.jpg

Stretched widescreen, gross.

Anno

I started playing it again a few weeks ago after having played it briefly back when A Realm Reborn was released. The game holds up alright but there are some noticeable signs of aging. There were a few new features and sections that didn't exist back in 2014 when I played, but I'm still fairly early in the game and haven't even come close to thinking about doing any of the expansion content. The game seems a bit more balanced for "solo play" now, if you're like me and don't really have a group of people to play with. Bonus points because trial accounts don't have a time limit any more so you can solo ever class up to 35 (if you want to) before paying anything.

The downsides I've come across are mostly comparisons I've drawn to The Elder Scrolls Online which is my typical MMO of choice given it's lack of monthly fees. Predominantly this comes down to FFXIV's lack of voice acting. Major cut scenes have voice acting but this is easily 1/100th or 1/1,000th of the game's content. So expect to be reading - a lot. Given the nature of this game, it's easy to just mash the button to make the character "shut up and give me my quest" and then afterwards going "I guess I really should have paid attention to that." I know this happens with any MMO really, but I felt like ESO handles that aspect better as the voice acting is generally at least acceptable (if not great) and it helps to draw you into the story - even the small side quests.

There is an absolutely mind-blowing amount of content to enjoy, but of course the downside here is that it's designed to be a bit of a slog since the game is still running on the subscription model. Some quests feel really needlessly drawn out.

The game is still fun, and there is a new expansion pack releasing later this year so there is certainly renewed interest. But given that there are some really great MMOs out there jumping on the "no subscription cost" model, it's difficult to recommend FFXIV unless you are a huge FF fan or have a bunch of friends that play the game.

Thanks for all the impressions. E:SO is the game I was weighing it against for now and for some reason when I watched an hour or so of both on Twitch I gravitated towards FFXIV. I am downloading ESO as well though as I own it from a long ago Steam sale.

Mostly I think I'm just doomed to further frustration either way, though. Both games seem really good and polished but I worry I won't really encounter any of the friction that keeps games interesting to me. Hopefully I'm wrong.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.

Hmm
I'm trying to make a game that has fun and bring some real-life message too.

We're not raising money for any campaign, we're just announcing a serious campaign for free and encouraging people to donate directly to the site: http://pinkribbon.org/

Any steam user who contacts the developers and prove they made a donation for: http://pinkribbon.org/ gets a copy of the game for free when the game is available in steam

Amzin

It's a worthy cause, but breasts kind of lose their appeal for me when they're disembodied. That might just be me, though.

No, I don't think it's just you. I enjoy them immensely in many, many different mediums and styles but disembodied just takes the... breastiness of them away somehow
:p

fallout

Countdown to Story Mode for The Long Dark

IT'S HAPPENING

There will be one more Sandbox update before Story Mode launches. More details about that update will be available soon. The team continues to be hard at work, creating the best experience we can for you. We appreciate your patience while we do so.
Nice! It's really cool how the sandbox mode took off and gave them some financial freedom (particularly when their Kickstarter only made 250k).

septicore

Grabbed Bayonetta from Nuuvem for $16.15 using 'MEUCUPOM' as the promo code.

Warning though, the key is across the globe, except China, Hong Kong SAR China, Japan, North Korea, South Korea, Taiwan, South America, Europe and United Kingdom.

MUnited83

For you.

Warning though, the key is across the globe, except China, Hong Kong SAR China, Japan, North Korea, South Korea, Taiwan, South America, Europe and United Kingdom.

So, across the globe except for large parts og the globe? :p

pislit

Damn, Bayo is 10$ in my region. Unfortunately, I am not really a fan of these types of games. I guess I'll try it when it goes to sale this summer or by winter.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man

north korean steam users btfo

gabbo

Do you like anime games? A Vita will let you play Dino Crisis along with more anime than you can handle.
Unless Bayonetta counts, nothing that I can recall and im not big on anime in general (much to my monthly dismay in here). Dont own a Vita either, so methinks im SOL unless i can play it on a ps3 somehow.

bbd23

man I bought bayonetta, finally installed XCOM 2 recently but now im looking at witcher 3 mods and I want to do a second playthrough

So I played Stellaris for a bit and I'm already liking the game even though I habe no idea of what I'm doing. It feels a lot more deep and complex than Crusader Kings II.

Teggy

All of you guys buying Bayonetta are suckers. I bought Bayonetta 2 for the Wii U and SEGA still hasn't ported any games to that thing.
:p

X05

Upside, inside out he's livin la vida loca, He'll push and pull you down, livin la vida loca
Saw the Bayonetta release, so went and bought it.

Along with some other crap.

You guys have been a terrible influence.

Dino Crisis would look so good on Steam. So much so, I made this mock-up. Please Capcom do it for me.
I also made this tweet you could retweet if you want. This isn't a large scale "Sega Ports for PC" initiative. But I might as well put it to work.
https://twitter.com/Jawmuncher/status/851918810881945600
C9Keyv7XkAA5A1C.jpg
Would've, then saw the stretched screenshots D:
at least I bought 1 and 2 on PSN a while ago

Ugh, wish I had known about that code :(
Oh well, at least the LatAm key is already quite cheap without it (about $9.90 or so)

So, across the globe except for large parts og the globe? :p
lol, seriously.

So I bought GameLoading quite a while ago on Indiegamestand, and got a key to upgrade to the members bundle. I discovered recently that the key I got activated a separate package from the one being sold on the Steam store and that no one ever updated that package with the last five videos. I created a post in the Steam forums asking if someone could fix that but I'm not sure anyone will read it.

Eila

Why the heck is Ace Attorney not on steam yet? It's too bad it's not a very replayable game but it's the one big series Capcom has skipped (sorry Dino Crisis fan).

Vibranium

Banned
Why the heck is Ace Attorney not on steam yet? It's too bad it's not a very replayable game but it's the one big series Capcom has skipped (sorry Dino Crisis fan).

I have no clue. Capcom has HD assets for the original trilogy as they ported it to smartphones, if it was priced around $20 it would sell very well on Steam. The platform has tons of interactive visual novels already and AA is in the top tier. Only thing I'd want cleaned up is the animations and mouth syncing.

it's kind of insane the bulletstorm remaster released for like $50 this same week

Yup, even worse when you consider that the original game is still available on PC (and it still runs and looks really similar to the remaster)
Meanwhile, Bayo is a new game on PC, and it costs less than half the price Gearbox is asking for Bulletstorm Full Clip Edition.

Randy why.

MUnited83

For you.

It's really weird. They could pump out a port from the IOS version in like a couple of months. It would definitely bring them quite a bit of profit.

wbacon pls

Dinjoralo

Y'know, I should try my hand at making bogus Steam pages for games not on steam. I know how HTML and CSS work, I could totally do it.
I also found a download for Motiva Sans but shhhhhhh

zkylon

zkylewd
yeah i guess, it's just bizarre for gearbox to be that out of touch with the market while sega of all companies is selling bayonetta at a lower price that i think it probably should be sold for ?

it's kinda crazy

bulletstorm at this moments sits just below mount & blade warband at like #50 or something, while bayonetta is #1, but i bet bayonetta would've been #1 if it was $30 too, and that probably would've been more reasonable

it's the unlikely combination of sega's surprisingly kind and gearbox's completely bonkers pricing that's pretty crazy

at this point, I would start to speculate on how long Gearbox can have so many commercial failures in the PC market before Take Two decides enough is enough

it's kind of insane the bulletstorm remaster released for like $50 this same week

Duke ain't cheap ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ He demanded gearbox raise the price to have more money for bubblegum.

at this point, I would start to speculate on how long Gearbox can have so many commercial failures in the PC market before Take Two decides enough is enough
I'd imagine if Borderlands 3 doesn't light the world on fire, Gearbox is in deep deep trouble.

Servizio

I don't really need a tag, but I figured I'd get one to make people jealous. Is it working?
I feel like Bulletstorm's price was probably a desperate and cynical short term move in response to Battleborn's massive failure. I also imagine there was similar motivations to showing that Borderlands flavored tech demo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom