• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | April 2017 - Fly me to the Moon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ascheroth

JRPG fans, I think I can say I'm happy to see more jrpgs coming to pc.

YiQBeLm.jpg
2017 continues to deliver?
I was wrong when I thought Bayonetta had the cheapest row key price around on gamesplanet UK. It turns out its on Bundlestars but you will need to have a british IP to see it. It's £12.74.
I think I'll bite at that price when I come home. Thanks for the tip.

Wok

Slime-san is legit. It is the sausage roll of platformers: it looks like crap and turns out to be charming and, gameplay-wise, spot-on.

The Bernardo moment:

Also, there are mini-games in the game. This is the first time I see mini-games looking better than the game. Fortunately, the main game is tons better than the mini-games in terms of gameplay.

Saty

Psyonix has sold 1m copies of Rocket League in a box.

Digital remains the primarily platform for the title. Over 9.5m games have been sold via Steam, PSN and Xbox Live since launch, but its success at physical retail highlights the potential some traditionally 'digital-only' titles have in this area of the market. Psyonix told GamesIndustry.biz that although some of the buyers of the boxed edition are existing fans that want a physical copy, the vast majority are "new gamers".
http://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/2017-04-12-rocket-league-physical-sales-pass-1m

patapuf

Ah finally finished Mass Effect Andromeda. Sadly, it really was a disappointment as everyone were saying. It just had so many small things at were both poorly designed and executed and so many cliché moments. Still, I did play it for 75 hours so it did something right. If they do decide to make Andromeda 2 I will be there day one, because one would hope it is better realized that this game did set up enought interesting things and I do want to explore more.

I'm only halfway through yet. but this is pretty much how i feel. And i didn't have any big problems due to bugs/crashes.

It's not terrible. But so many little things are just disapointing. Even the loyalty missions i've seen so far - while much better than the other quests - were a shadow of what they were in other titles in terms of writing and characterisation.

I think i'm going to drop it soon.

With Shadow tactics and Cosmic star heroine i have better stuff to play now.

Arthea

Only console JRPG that interests me is Resonance of Fate, but knowing Sega and Atlus it most likely won't ever happen.

going by our timeline: VC - 2014, Bayo - 2017, Vanq - 2020, Yakuza 0 - 2023, RoF - 2026
we just have to live that long

Resonance of Fate is tri-Ace+Sega , not Atlus ... so its imo possible much more than any Atlus IP

I'd argue it's much more possible than Persona
edited: misread lol

it's probably Nier since Nier automata is doing well.

It's not Nier. Cross off anything for Ghostlight that is from a major publisher. They don't want to lend their IP to be sold on a digital platform undefinitely by another publisher.

I'd say it's another FuRyu game for PC.

Arthea

It's not Nier. Cross off anything for Ghostlight that is from a major publisher. They don't want to lend their IP to be sold on a digital platform undefinitely by another publisher.

I'd say it's another FuRyu game for PC.

Exstetra then? It never released outside of Japan, though

Checking all of my boxes... looks fantastic... priced in a legit manner...

But my backlog. And I'm stuck playing Overwatch like an addict. And I haven't made all that much progress in Dark Souls 3 that I put off playing to give breathing room. And I want to try that Playerunknown Battlegrounds game.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Any thoughts on Talos gold edition getting cheaper in the future or should I get it now?

The game's had a base price of $40 since release and at this point I doubt that'll change prior to circa the release of the sequel, so I'd say 75% off is about the best you can hope for in the interim.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- This is a giveaway for the thread url: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1357196.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

w5Bqht8.png

Mystery Gift -- MB-6C799E12E5C8D614 - Taken by chronomac. 29 entrants total.

t1492013824z1.png

Arthea

Another JRPG, not from Furyu.

Since there was a brief mention of this in the thread this one is not a PS3 game.

one more hint pls! is it a Vita game?

Can't wait for the next Ghostlight announcement thread with everyone predicting Persona, Nier, or FFXV only to be let down when it's some extremely niche Vita port they have never heard of.

That can't be avoided, people like to dream and joke, and that's OK.

gngf123

Can't wait for the next Ghostlight announcement thread with everyone predicting Persona, Nier, or FFXV only to be let down when it's some extremely niche Vita port they have never heard of. Again.

I was happy with their last announcement, interested to see what this one is.

yuraya

Finished the first 3 chapters of bayo so far and its really really good. Its so much fun to play. Bayonetta is such a funny and such a charming character too. So much better than shitty Dante from DmC or boring Raiden in mgr.

Press Turn

Neo Member
not ps3 JRPG eh.....

Star Ocean still exists kind of, though the choices would be weird.
1, 2 ,and 5.
i'd love SO3 but the HD rerelease I think messes with that.
we dont talk about SO4
SO4 was ps3 anyway so thats out

Dunno, might be nice to push port the PSP versions of SO1 and 2

Pachimari

What are the maps for that I keep collecting in Dishonored? I don't seem to have any map on me.

And when looking at these optional tasks, like the "Contaminate Bottle Street Gang's bootleg elixir with plague," I have no idea where to go or what to do. There's no arrow showing me where to go, and I have no idea how to use plague as I've never used it before.

I don't even know how to control a mouse.

Arthea

not ps3 JRPG eh.....

Star Ocean still exists kind of, though the choices would be weird.
1, 2 ,and 5.
i'd love SO3 but the HD rerelease I think messes with that.
we dont talk about SO4
SO4 was ps3 anyway so thats out

Dunno, might be nice to push port the PSP versions of SO1 and 2

SE letting somebody to do SO? yeah, no chances for that
I'd take SO4 too, it was fun to play, a horrid story aside, but SE won't do it and won't let anybody do it. You know it's true.

edited: our best chance for tri-Ace game remains RoF, and those chances are very slim

Press Turn

Neo Member
SE letting somebody to do SO? yeah, no chances for that
I'd take SO4 too, it was fun to play, a horrid story aside, but SE won't do it and won't let anybody do it. You know it's true.

its been so long i forgot SE does have that vice grip on SO, shit.
back to the JRPG dartboard.
....I wanna play some Star Ocean now, dammit me

Maxwood

Oh rock of ages, do not crumble, love is breathing still. Oh lady moon shine down, a little people magic if you will.
What are the maps for that I keep collecting in Dishonored? I don't seem to have any map on me.

And when looking at these optional tasks, like the "Contaminate Bottle Street Gang's bootleg elixir with plague," I have no idea where to go or what to do. There's no arrow showing me where to go, and I have no idea how to use plague as I've never used it before.

It's a bit of a pain, but you don't actually collect the maps you look at in the original Dishonored. Just take a steam screenshot if it's something you want to use.

For the second question:
Grannny Rags asked you to poison the boss of the Bottle Street Gang. You can steal a piece of contaminated something, forgot what exactly, in a big house left after the wall of light. If I remember correctly.

Just a tip, though: don't poision the dude. Unless you really want to play as a ruthless killer, ofcourse.

The objectives log is pretty unclear and janky. I didn't like to use it and turned all the objective markers off so it didn't really bother me.

And for the mouse thing:
mousekiub7.gif

Tizoc

Sega pls
You releasin' yakuza 1 remake for usd 30, that would be the perfect price for it to sell like hotcakes on steam

Servizio

I don't really need a tag, but I figured I'd get one to make people jealous. Is it working?

I'm pretty sure the maps are just loot like any other loot item.

For that particular side quest you need to head into a side area around where Granny Rags lives. I don't remember how you specifically accomplish it, but that area is a fairly straight forward corridor shape.

You move them around, click on the buttons on top. Scroll the scroll wheel. They're pretty easy after awhile. If you mean rats, you need the Possession skill.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom