• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | April 2017 - Fly me to the Moon

Status
Not open for further replies.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
What are the maps for that I keep collecting in Dishonored? I don't seem to have any map on me.

They're just loot as opposed to actual in-game maps that you consult. You've probably noticed that you earn 75 coins for each one you find. There are area maps plastered on notice boards and such, though, which you can examine.

Tonton

Sega pls
You releasin' yakuza 1 remake for usd 30, that would be the perfect price for it to sell like hotcakes on steam
Not happening
Yakuza 0 was the perfect chance to start putting Yakuza on Steam and they didn't take it
We'll get them on the next decade if we're lucky

Dinjoralo

Yep, and they're downright crazy. Loads of money left on the table.

Crazy bastards.
Not crazy, just stupid. :p

It is crazy how well Bayonetta holds up, visually. The way all the hud elements here and in MGR look so sharp in 1080p, gives the impression that Platinum was smart enough to future-proof their 7th Gen games for any possible ports later down the line.

Pachimari

It's a bit of a pain, but you don't actually collect the maps you look at in the original Dishonored. Just take a steam screenshot if it's something you want to use.

What happens to the maps that I collect though?
For the second question:
Grannny Rags asked you to poison the boss of the Bottle Street Gang. You can steal a piece of contaminated something, forgot what exactly, in a big house left after the wall of light. If I remember correctly.

Just a tip, though: don't poision the dude. Unless you really want to play as a ruthless killer, ofcourse.
I've already gotten the poison from that big house. And I've already killed multiple guards lol.

And for the mouse thing:
mousekiub7.gif

Lmao, this made me laugh.

But really, the game told me I could control a rat to walk through the sewers but it hasn't actually told me how to do it.

I'm pretty sure the maps are just loot like any other loot item.

They're just loot as opposed to actual in-game maps that you consult. You've probably noticed that you earn 75 coins for each one you find. There are area maps plastered on notice boards and such, though, which you can examine.

Ooohh, so it's just for me to earn coins and such. Gotcha.

You move them around, click on the buttons on top. Scroll the scroll wheel. They're pretty easy after awhile. If you mean rats, you need the Possession skill.

Yeah I meant rats. And figured I needed some kind of skill. Thanks, so Possession it is.

------

But the way this is all set up, I don't really want to do side-quests then, because it's way too confusing to me.

Pachimari

By the way, I've set my DSR - Functions to "4.00x" in my Nvidia Control Panel. So it will automatically downsample from 4K resolution to my 1080p monitor in my games?

t4lHK2D.png

MaxiLive

By the way, I've set my DSR - Functions to "4.00x" in my Nvidia Control Panel. So it will automatically downsample from 4K resolution to my 1080p monitor in my games?

I don't think it auto downsamples, it just provides the resolution options in the game so you'll have to set that.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.

t4lHK2D.png

You need to select 3840x2160 in the game, but yes. Also, since 4K is exactly twice the resolution of 1080p on each axis, there's no need to "smooth" the image.

Anyone actually playing Sexy Brutale? I feel like Bayonetta stole its thunder

Well yesterday was a crazy release day in general. Not just Bayo but you had Cosmic Star Heroine and Yooka-Laylee, which has had more coverage than Sexy Brutale. It certainly didn't get buried as bad as A Rose in the Twilight did yesterday though.

Yep, and they're downright crazy. Loads of money left on the table.

Crazy bastards.

I don't expect Sega to change any time soon. Even though it sounds like Valkyria Revolution isn't a good game, it's crazy they skipped out entirely on putting the game on PC after the huge success of Valkyria Chronicles PC release. They're even putting out an Xbox One version which I have to imagine won't do well at all. And as most people have been saying, nothing will likely change from Atlus side until new management takes over so no point in hoping there.

I really need GSYNC monitors to start dropping in price.

I want to get on board, and would prefer trying to hit one with 2560x1440 to keep it being around in the future, but $800 USD is hard to justify when I already have constant buyer's remorse.

Holding out for OLED seems futile, too.

Pachimari

I don't think it auto downsamples, it just provides the resolution options in the game so you'll have to set that.

You'll need to change the resolution in game to 4k.

You need to select 3840x2160 in the game, but yes. Also, since 4K is exactly twice the resolution of 1080p on each axis, there's no need to "smooth" the image.

I'll turn off the smoothness then. And I'll try it out in a game. Thanks a lot for the feedback! I assume there's nothing else I should change in the control panel. :)

Phawx

Not sure if it was brought up already but it looks like Steam Achievements will be coming to Cosmic Star Heroine soon.

http://steamcommunity.com/app/256460/discussions/0/133261907149167342/

I really need GSYNC monitors to start dropping in price.

I want to get on board, and would prefer trying to hit one with 2560x1440 to keep it being around in the future, but $800 USD is hard to justify when I already have constant buyer's remorse.

Holding out for OLED seems futile, too.

You will pay Nvidia and LIKE IT!

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- This is a giveaway for the thread url: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1357196.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Dat ass -- MB-ECBB14920C64466D - Taken by Vlad. 60 entrants total.

t1492022450z1.png

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Bayonetta is 16.14€ on bundlestars with EASTER5 code

Arminsc

Damn, I´m stuck with just my laptop (mac) for a few days and Cosmic Star Heroine seemed like the perfect game for these days, shame its not ported.
I´ll probably end up getting it down the line because it looks really cool!

Can somebody help me make a gif in Gimp? I got the Gimp video editing plug in, and managed to create a gif of Bayonetta in 5k. It played fine in my system, but after exporting it was like 30fps and clearly compressed.

Are there other options I need to toggle first?

Echoplx

Can somebody help me make a gif in Gimp? I got the Gimp video editing plug in, and managed to create a gif of Bayonetta in 5k. It played fine in my system, but after exporting it was like 30fps and clearly compressed.

I'm pretty sure a 5k uncompressed gif would destroy the internet.

MUnited83

For you.

Pls just convert it to webm and leave the caveman days of gifs behind.

Grief.exe

Significantly easier, and higher quality, to convert the video to webm using gimp.

I would suggest downsampling the image to 1080p/720p due to host-imposed limits on size.

You're never going to be able to show that IQ in a Gif.

This, along with the color restrictions on gifs.

Pls just convert it to webm and leave the caveman days of gifs behind.
Do you just save it as webm instead of a gif at the end of the process? I didn't know Gimp supported webm... I don't do any editing at all.
You're never going to be able to show that IQ in a Gif.
I didn't mean literally 5k but it would be nice to not see shitty Xbox 360 gifs everywhere.
Significantly easier, and higher quality, to convert the video to webm using gimp.

I would suggest downsampling the image to 1080p/720p due to host-imposed limits on size.

This, along with the color restrictions on gifs.
How does one even downsample a webm... Again, no editing experience. I just wanted to make a basic gif or webm.

What's even a good webm host? That kawaii site I used ages ago is dead.

Hmm console JRPG?

I want to say Resonance of Fate is too niche but it would probably do well with the Steam userbase. Dressing up Leanne is so much fun *_*

Ludens

Banned
Black Mesa on Easy...is not that easy. Maybe I'm rusty, but I didn't remember the original HL being so difficult. I'm costantly on low health.

madjoki

Should work,

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible

http://store.steampowered.com/app/570980 -- MB-1C5BC78D900CB6FA - Taken by Wok

Aaron D.

Black Mesa on Easy...is not that easy. Maybe I'm rusty, but I didn't remember the original HL being so difficult. I'm costantly on low health.

Nah, I recently went back through HL2 and found it very similar on Normal difficulty.

I think that's just the typical game balance of the HL games, having to manage your health and ammo inventory.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom