• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | April 2017 - Fly me to the Moon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ganyc

Square Enix should finally announce their jrpg ports for 2017.

I hope the Final Fantasy 1+2, Tactics and Chrono Trigger leaks are real.

Aaron D.

Oh no, now I have to buy it right?

I don't even know why I have a backlog anymore.

I still want to play Night in the Woods, Sexy Brutale, Planescape HD, Bayonetta, Wartile and more.

No time to even consider it as I'm knee-deep in Stellaris: Utopia and Candice DeBébé's Incredibly Trick Lifestyle.

Thank god I at least have zero interest in all the big-name Q1 AAA releases, LOL.

Knurek

what leaks?

Anal leakage most probably.

Frankly, I'm a bit annoyed CSH doesn't have achievements on PC. I would be less annoyed if the PS4 version didn't have them, but this gives me RAGE.
Yea, I know we're getting them sooner or later. Thing is, we should have been getting them at the same time PS4 users did. Plain and simple

Ganyc

what leaks?

this one
https://www.reddit.com/r/chronotrigger/comments/5gx2pk/possible_steam_port_incoming_in_2017/

Final Fantasy I, Final Fantasy II, Final Fantasy XII: The Zodiac Age, Final Fantasy Tactics: The War of the Lions and Chrono Trigger could be released on Steam before the end of 2017.
Final Fantasy VII Remake and Final Fantasy XV are coming to PC, but likely not until early-mid 2018.

but could be bullshit, who knows

Did they say they are holding an event soon?

no, but SE likes stealth releases

Arthea

this one
https://www.reddit.com/r/chronotrigger/comments/5gx2pk/possible_steam_port_incoming_in_2017/

Final Fantasy I, Final Fantasy II, Final Fantasy XII: The Zodiac Age, Final Fantasy Tactics: The War of the Lions and Chrono Trigger could be released on Steam before the end of 2017.
Final Fantasy VII Remake and Final Fantasy XV are coming to PC, but likely not until early-mid 2018.

that looks more like wishful thinking than any leak.

Anal leakage most probably.

Frankly, I'm a bit annoyed CSH doesn't have achievements on PC. I would be less annoyed if the PS4 version didn't have them, but this gives me RAGE.
Yea, I know we're getting them sooner or later. Thing is, we should have been getting them at the same time PS4 users did. Plain and simple

you and me, you and me

but I also hope the game will be patched and cheevos added and then I'll play it.

chronomac

this one

I know this isn't the right thread for it, but I'd love Chrono Trigger and FF Tactics on the Switch. I mean I can't imagine it'd be too terribly difficult to port them and FF 1 through 6 for it either.

Regardless, I'll buy Chrono Trigger on Steam at full price. That's a top 10 all-timer for me.

Black Mesa on Easy...is not that easy. Maybe I'm rusty, but I didn't remember the original HL being so difficult. I'm costantly on low health.

Nah, this was my exact experience in going back to the original HL after being able to complete it on hard in my sleep as a teen: "how is this so hard"

The lack of leaning or other kind of being able to shoot from cover while actually being able to see enemies makes this a lot harder than what we're used to now. HL is basically just 'strafe from wall, shoot, strafe back to behind wall until enemy is done firing' like most games of its day. And quicksaving a lot.

I'm not a fan of cover mechanics either (it forces the design too much), but I know why it was introduced into the design of shooters. I liked the original 'weighty' design in Killzone 2 though, but most players didn't so they make it more like Call of Duty. :(

Speaking of old things: the only JRPG that still needs a PC adaptation is Lost Odyssey, because of how it ditched grinding as mechanism, which is worth exploring, imo (and a steam rerelease of the Chrono games -PS1 version- would be nice). I would say Xenoblade too, but that you can actually run in a emulator if you're desperate. Final Fantasy XII is already coming, I think?

Ludens

Banned
Syberia 3 will release the next week and there's zero hype for it.
I don't know what to think, initially I preordered it since I simply love the first two games, they are something special...but later I canceled my preorder mostly because I have a HUGE backlog and pretty much no time to clear it (and there are games I want really play, like Numenera), the second reason is...those trailers are not so good. Dunno, they simply miss something the original games had, I'll wait to see some reviews, it's a Microids game so the price will drop in no time anyway.

Parsnip

Oh jeez, figured out why Dark Souls 3 wasn't updating. It required 18+ gigs of free space for the 185meg patch. I guess I should try and keep a little more room on my ssd from now on.

FLD

You guys are talking about all these hypothetical S-E ports and I'm just sitting here still wondering what the hell is taking so long with Dragon Quest Builders. :(

Knurek

Oh jeez, figured out why Dark Souls 3 wasn't updating. It required 18+ gigs of free space for the 185meg patch. I guess I should try and keep a little more room on my ssd from now on.

How do you plan on updating to Creators Update otherwise?

Nillansan

Frankly, I'm a bit annoyed CSH doesn't have achievements on PC. I would be less annoyed if the PS4 version didn't have them, but this gives me RAGE. Yea, I know we're getting them sooner or later. Thing is, we should have been getting them at the same time PS4 users did. Plain and simple.

Agreed. Did any of the developers explain why they weren't implemented in the first place?

Grief.exe

I bought Bayonetta on Humble and got this message when I activated the game, it activated on my account though.

XEl1ylo.png

AHA-Lambda

haha, 2nd boss of the DS3 DLC was amazing xD

the boss is another variant on stuff like the old monk from demon's souls, and so an online player is actually the boss.

Guy was completely useless, and got wrecked in about 8 hits
xD

You guys are talking about all these hypothetical S-E ports and I'm just sitting here still wondering what the hell is taking so long with Dragon Quest Builders. :(

Who knows with Square-Enix. At least they're actually taking PC gaming seriously now, that's a big improvement compared to some years ago.

I'm sure we'll all get there eventually. *blows dust of skeleton*

Agreed. Did any of the developers explain why they weren't implemented in the first place?

The developer answered that they aren't fans of achievements and the only reason PS4 has them right off the bat is because Trophies are mandatory. I kind of agree with them. Not every game has to have a set of achievements. I can see why they didn't want them for CSH because this is a JRPG that is a callback to yesteryear beloved RPGs like Chrono Trigger, Lunar, and Suikoden. And if I remember correctly, none of those games have in-game achievement system and yet they were still a delight to play through them.

Don't worry they'll be adding them soon so you all can get your precious achievements.

Wok

Tomasety has just warned me that the price of RiME was updated.

It is now 35 €.

Good job, boys.

8hMNiJL.png

BEWkgWH.png

KpaG5Av.png

TCi9nK9.png

Knurek

The developer answered that they aren't fans of achievements and the only reason PS4 has them right off the bat is because Trophies are mandatory.

- Waiter, how come I don't get salt in my order of fries? My friend, sitting at a different table, has received them salted...
- Personally, I'm not a fan of salt. But it's mandatory to add condiments while serving at that table, and also, it was so easy to just take a salt shaker and add it, that I went and gave your friend what he wants.

Danielsthisisbullshit.gif

Corpekata

Banned
- Waiter, how come I don't get salt in my order of fries? My friend, sitting at a different table, has received them salted...
- Personally, I'm not a fan of salt. But it's mandatory to add condiments while serving at that table, and also, it was so easy to just take a salt shaker and add it, that I went and gave your friend what he wants.

Danielsthisisbullshit.gif

More accurate comparison would be demanding ketchup for your steak but the restaurant doesn't stock ketchup because only monsters want ketchup on their steak.

Nillansan

The developer answered that they aren't fans of achievements and the only reason PS4 has them right off the bat is because Trophies are mandatory. I kind of agree with them. Not every game has to have a set of achievements. I can see why they didn't want them for CSH because this is a JRPG that is a callback to yesteryear beloved RPGs like Chrono Trigger, Lunar, and Suikoden. And if I remember correctly, none of those games have in-game achievement system and yet they were still a delight to play through them. Don't worry they'll be adding them soon so you all can get your precious achievements.

I can definitely live without them in most cases, sometimes they make perfect sense, sometimes they are a distraction. I just thought it was an odd omissions, but it turns out it's a somewhat similar situation with The Witness.

Ladekabel

I would triple dip for Bayo but I have the Wii U version still unplayed and no money. :/ Would like to grab CSH, too, but again no money and time because Persona 5 and some work for university...

Now that MS is going to offer refunds on XBL I wonder how many people who were saying in PSN threads "bought a game you don't like? tough luck!", will be saying it's great if Sony will follow suit.

Wasn't there a huge fall out between Sony and the RIME developer, because it was essentially a fake game?

How are you guys confident enough to buy it? You can always refund it, but still.

fantomena

25,19€ for Rime. so nothing special

That's too much anyway for something that could end up being a major dissapointment. I mean, Sony opted out cause the game was "fake"/the trailer was not the real game.

Well at least the last gameplay video I saw (IGN?) made it look very mediocre. Hopefully Im wrong.

Corpekata

Banned
Wasn't there a huge fall out between Sony and the RIME developer, because it was essentially a fake game?

How are you guys confident enough to buy it? You can always refund it, but still.

I mean, that was a rumor, but Sony's also had more than a few recent fallouts with indie devs, like after the release of Everybody's Gone to the Rapture. Doesn't mean it'll end up good, but it seems like more and more "partnered" 3rd party indie devs are breaking away, leading to games like What Remains of Edith Finch getting PC releases. Could just be the games aren't gelling with Sony corporate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom