• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | April 2017 - Fly me to the Moon

Status
Not open for further replies.

xezuru

I swear having a Steam account has made me stupider

I have no empirical evidence, it's just something that I have noticed.

Final stages of SteamGAF syndrome shows symptoms of immense thirst.

The brain has adapted and displayed this in many ways, most noticably, thirst for actresses, dinosaurs, and anime waifus.

Stay safe friend.

I love NT so much I kinda want it physical.

6SnlPVf.gif

Enhanced Steam has been updated to version 9.3. This release includes the following new features and bug fixes:
  • Added the ability to sort wishlists by review scores, which will display the highest rated items first
  • Added some behind the scenes updates to OpenCritic reviews, should now display correctly on all pages
  • Added DRM warnings, price history information, and SteamDB links to bundle pages
  • Updated SteamRep section on profile pages to use updated API and safer code
  • Updated market code so that an items lowest price is shown on subsequent pages
  • Updated stores used in price comparisons (removed 6 legacy stores, added 4 new stores)
  • Fixed a bug where Steam Card Exchange links would not display properly on store pages
  • Fixed a bug where the Ukraine region had an incorrect ISO code
  • Fixed a bug where SteamDB links were not correctly formed on some pages
  • Removed market section totals as they conflicted with new market page updates
This update is available for Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox. Chrome users should see the extension update itself automatically within the next 60 minutes. Firefox users will update on their browser's regular update schedule, or by selecting "Check for updates" on their addons screen.

Firefox users can enjoy full functionality now with the exception of "quick sell" and "instant sell" buttons in your inventory, which appears to be a complex browser-specific bug revolving around the way Enhanced Steam handles market data.

An updated beta version of Enhanced Steam for Microsoft Edge is currently in the works.

As always, please let me know if you encounter any issues with this release.

You doing this? Thanks for all efforts, this is awesome and very usefully!

Megasoum

Banned
I've been thinking about doing another playthrough of Wolfenstein: New Order during my lunch breaks and found out today that the game somehow doesn't have steam cloud support? wtf... It came out in 2014 and it's doesn't have cloud saves... Ugh

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
I wish Google would improve the permissions pop-up. Just dividing things into "now requires" and "still requires" would be an improvement.

That said, it was probably this change that triggered it.

I think you're right - I evaluated that commit but logically I thought that *.steampowered.com would encompass adding a new match pattern for store.steampowered.com. Turns out it doesn't.

What bothers me the most as a developer is that when you upload a new version of an extension, there isn't a warning or popup or anything that indicates something along the lines of "the updated version of this extension has different permissions. Users will need to re-enable this extension manually to continue using it. Are you sure you want to do this?". There is also not a "roll the latest update back" function or even a "quickly release version 9.3.1 to put permissions back so it won't nag people that haven't already updated." From the developer's side of things, I have no indication that these changes are happening until it's already being rolled out to end users.

Again, sorry everyone for the confusion.

Popstar

What bothers me the most as a developer is that when you upload a new version of an extension, there isn't a warning or popup or anything that indicates something along the lines of "the updated version of this extension has different permissions. Users will need to re-enable this extension manually to continue using it. Are you sure you want to do this?". There is also not a "roll the latest update back" function or even a "quickly release version 9.3.1 to put permissions back so it won't nag people that haven't already updated." From the developer's side of things, I have no indication that these changes are happening until it's already being rolled out to end users.
My pet peeve is just the way the dialog is worded. "It can now" implies it couldn't before so people get paranoid – why does it suddenly need all these new permissions?. Even for a trivial change.

I actually rewrote the way NeoGFY checks if you're browsing a page on GAF just to make that permissions dialog less scary. The new method is less robust than the old one but the permissions dialog no longer says "it can now – read your browser history" even though it never actually could so it was worth the trade-off.

The developer answered that they aren't fans of achievements and the only reason PS4 has them right off the bat is because Trophies are mandatory. I kind of agree with them. Not every game has to have a set of achievements. I can see why they didn't want them for CSH because this is a JRPG that is a callback to yesteryear beloved RPGs like Chrono Trigger, Lunar, and Suikoden. And if I remember correctly, none of those games have in-game achievement system and yet they were still a delight to play through them.

Don't worry they'll be adding them soon so you all can get your precious achievements.
I find it a shame that they're buckling under achievement pressure and adding them in. It's something I appreciate on the platform that they don't have mandates for such things so that devs can just have the games as they fancy -- even if it draws the ire of digital stamp collectors.

A Fish Aficionado

I am going to make it through this year if it kills me
My pet peeve is just the way the dialog is worded. "It can now" implies it couldn't before so people get paranoid – why does it suddenly need all these new permissions?. Even for a trivial change.

I actually rewrote the way NeoGFY checks if you're browsing a page on GAF just to make that permissions dialog less scary. The new method is less robust than the old one but the permissions dialog no longer says "it can now – read your browser history" even though it never actually could so it was worth the trade-off.

Scary-sounding is better than the patronizing Windows 10 tone.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
Indiegala is doing a "Spring Scratch" so every purchase you do, no matter the price, you get a random scratch it thing with a game. I bought a few cheap games and DLCs individually, and it actually seems like the games you can get are pretty varied.

The scratch-it games I got picking up a few small things (and checking them out one at a time, bought them individually rather than together):
-16bit Trader
-Deadly Premonition Director's Cut
-Call of Juarez
-Questrun
-Endorlight
-Paranautical Activity Deluxe Atonement Edition
-Epic Showdown

Obviously no huge games, but there does seem to be some variety, and a few of these I got while buying $0.49 DLC pieces for some Compile Heart or whatever games.

Tall4Life

Indiegala is doing a "Spring Scratch" so every purchase you do, no matter the price, you get a random scratch it thing with a game. I bought a few cheap games and DLCs individually, and it actually seems like the games you can get are pretty varied.

The scratch-it games I got picking up a few small things (and checking them out one at a time, bought them individually rather than together):
-16bit Trader
-Deadly Premonition Director's Cut
-Call of Juarez
-Questrun
-Endorlight
-Paranautical Activity Deluxe Atonement Edition
-Epic Showdown

Obviously no huge games, but there does seem to be some variety, and a few of these I got while buying $0.49 DLC pieces for some Compile Heart or whatever games.

Did you just imply that Deadly Premonition isn't the biggest game ever? You should be thankful for getting that

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
Did you just imply that Deadly Premonition isn't the biggest game ever? You should be thankful for getting that

I love Deadly Premonition, but it has been on sale for cheap a few times and such. I actually think what I got is overall good, compared to a lot of 'random' reward stuff I've seen the selection seemed more varied so I thought it was worth bringing up since I decided to experiment a bit with it and see what I got, so if anyone's interested in trying it like I did there's at least some variety and pretty interesting games in the toss-up. It's what Indiegala is doing for their Easter thing and they also have a number of games on sale for Easter.

(I also don't mind getting repeats since I do stream giveaways, so repeats just mean things I can give away later.)

sanhora

Atelier Sophie patch out

・Updated graphic option to unlock 60Hz limit
・Updated speed of 2D rendering
・Fixed issue where keyboard responds in background mode
・Fixed issue where game crashes when windows usernames are specific 2bit characters
・Added missing DLC data

The fact that it took them over 2 months to fix the missing DLC thing is just incredible.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Honestly, if I was able to do it over again, I would have asked for more money and made a completely different game that would have been smaller in size, scope & ambition. Either that or just given up on game development entirely. I think Cosmic Star Heroine is an excellent game and I'm glad people are enjoying it, but all the years of stress & money problems were too much. And then to have all the launch issues with the Steam version going up late, the PS4 version not getting patched with the pre-release patch, review codes not coming out before launch, etc. And I still don't know if the game's going to sell well enough to pay off development costs, much less support my family while I work on another game or find a better job.

ouch

Enjoying Snake Pass but the checkpoint system seems like an uneeded annoyance as I'll try to collect a tough bubble or coin and if I fall I get sent back and lose everything I'd collected to that point. You can slither back I guess but it slows progress down.

Bought Yooka-Laylee as well because when I replayed the Banjo games via the Rare collection I still loved the first and really enjoyed the second so I imagine the idea that many have of it being a outdated genre isn't something I worry about. Of course it could disappoint in its own ways lol.

QTE missed or a glitch?
I think I disabled the ui without realizing it and didn't realize it was a timed event for torture attack tutorials and then I skipped the 3 second cutscene you get for the failstate lol. Forgot that instant death QTEs used to be so common, god what an awful era.

Maxwood

Oh rock of ages, do not crumble, love is breathing still. Oh lady moon shine down, a little people magic if you will.
Why didn't I know a couple Atelier games released on Steam? How did I miss that?
I find that to be more exciting news then the release of Bayonetta, even if it's old.

I should visit this thread more often.

They didn't update the low res art assets ;_;
When it says DLC, does this include the post-game story DLC that was released on PSN, or are they not referring to that?

They are referring DLC fix like extra map; BGM and clothes change option. The After Story DLC for Steam didn't out yet, hope for soon.

Battlechili

Banned
Why didn't I know a couple Atelier games released on Steam? How did I miss that?
I find that to be more exciting news then the release of Bayonetta, even if it's old.

I should visit this thread more often.
Yeah, Sophie came out in February and Firis in March. Its exciting; between those and Nights of Azure, we may now have an established line of Gust titles coming our way. I just hope KT wasn't too disappointed in Firis' sales.

Maybe you can help convince KT to work backwards and bring us the Arland and Dusk series games.

Maxwood

Oh rock of ages, do not crumble, love is breathing still. Oh lady moon shine down, a little people magic if you will.
Yeah, Sophie came out in February and Firis in March. Its exciting; between those and Nights of Azure, we may now have an established line of Gust titles coming our way. I just hope KT wasn't too disappointed in Firis' sales.

Maybe you can help convince KT to work backwards and bring us the Arland and Dusk series games.
I would love to help convince them with my wallet, but he's been (mis)used a bit too much this month already.

Still, I never expected to see Atelier games on Steam. Just like a whole lot of other Japanese games released in the past three years. Exciting indeed.
Good times. :)

Speaking of Platinum Games, Nier Automata seems to have some really nice legs. I haven't been paying attention but one month later, it's still in the top 20 (Actually 12th)

Battlechili

Banned
what kind of patch?

game doesn't run great but it's decent and no major bugs i'm aware of
At the very least they could make fullscreen work properly without the need for 3rd party tools. Also the game has a whitescreen bug that crashes the game on AMD graphics cards

Durante

what kind of patch?

game doesn't run great but it's decent and no major bugs i'm aware of
What they really should fix are the fullscreen and video cutscene framedrop issues. Both are trivial to work around, but there is no reason to force people to do that.

deejay

Finished Nier Automata yesterday, with 6 endings or so. It's a good story and the gameplay is great, but I wouldn't call it a masterpiece personally. But I can see why people appreciate and love the game.
I thought the achievement shop was a good idea, and wondered why more games don't have this idea/option. Sure, it's cheap, but since I had no more fun playing it anymore I thought this was a great idea to, well, get the most out of it (not really, but you know what I mean).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom