• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | April 2017 - Fly me to the Moon

Status
Not open for further replies.
The developer answered that they aren't fans of achievements and the only reason PS4 has them right off the bat is because Trophies are mandatory. I kind of agree with them. Not every game has to have a set of achievements. I can see why they didn't want them for CSH because this is a JRPG that is a callback to yesteryear beloved RPGs like Chrono Trigger, Lunar, and Suikoden. And if I remember correctly, none of those games have in-game achievement system and yet they were still a delight to play through them.

Don't worry they'll be adding them soon so you all can get your precious achievements.
I hope they do achievements like Klei did to Don't Starve.

Someone must resist.

I was watching StealrhGamerBR's YouTube channel (love it) and saw he had done videos of Splinter Cell Blacklist. It's, as usual, the most aggressive competent murderous stealth possible. He fully manipulates AIs to reposition them and use mark and execute between rooms so Sam spins around shooting behind the back headshots through the different doorways. It's totally badass. Anyway, the story ends with me realizing I had Blacklist in my Steam inventory from ages ago. That's a nice feeling. Now off to play it awkwardly!

https://fat.gfycat.com/LegalSeveralAurochs.webm
Testing, I'm gonna need this later

edit: oh good it works
It's just a link to a still image on mobile.

I was watching StealrhGamerBR's YouTube channel (love it) and saw he had done videos of Splinter Cell Blacklist. It's, as usual, the most aggressive competent murderous stealth possible. He fully manipulates AIs to reposition them and use mark and execute between rooms so Sam spins around shooting behind the back headshots through the different doorways. It's totally badass. Anyway, the story ends with me realizing I had Blacklist in my Steam inventory from ages ago. That's a nice feeling. Now off to play it awkwardly!

It's just a link to a still image on mobile.
It works on desktop with webm player installed. Hmm.

ArjanN

I hope they do achievements like Klei did to Don't Starve.

Someone must resist.

Nah.

If you don't want to disrupt your game design just do the bare minumum and go with áll story achievements (i.e. beat chapter 1, beat chapter 2, chapter 3, finish the game) and make it purely a progress indicator.

IMO I prefer that type of achievement design for an RPG anyway because they're too long to replay and having to keep checking a guide for missable stuff also sucks.

xezuru

Is is supposed to be so choppy or is it just my old CPU?

I forgot where I got suggested the tampermonkey addon that embeds it but I think there's a problem with it because it is like a second long and it buffers the video then tries to loop it before it can load fully, clicking on the link is fine.

D

Deleted member 59090

Unconfirmed Member
Must be my old Phenom then. Nothing to worry about.

Nah.

If you don't want to disrupt your game design just do the bare minumum and go with áll story achievements (i.e. beat chapter 1, beat chapter 2, chapter 3, finish the game) and make it purely a progress indicator.

IMO I prefer that type of achievement design for an RPG anyway because they're too long to replay and having to keep checking a guide for missable stuff also sucks.

I mean, that's exactly what most people are looking for when they want their cheevos. Status quo is a no-go.

Oddly, Mass Effect 1 is one of the few games that really made achievements a thing to me. It had this system where you unlocked bonuses depending on how you completed a campaign; it was meant to be really replayable. Don't remember the specifics of it anymore, unfortunately. (It wasn't a traditional "achievement" system though, being purely something in-game.)

data

Well, since Platinum is such a great studio who makes great games
when they're not licensed but transformers was pretty cool
but also brings their titles to PC, I decided to help them by buying Bayonetta. Even though it runs pretty bad on my pc. Now all that's left is Vanquish.

do a actual gif and not make it as big

LegalSeveralAurochs-size_restricted.gif

Well I do have the gif... but no 60fps sadly. It'll have to do I suppose.

Tizoc

So Battle Chasers Night War is 'releasing first on Switch' this summer, according to the Nintendo Direct stream.
I am not in a rush to play it, but that is an odd thing to happen. Still wish them the best and hope this game delivers :D

Doomedfool

So Battle Chasers Night War is 'releasing first on Switch' this summer, according to the Nintendo Direct stream.
I am not in a rush to play it, but that is an odd thing to happen. Still wish them the best and hope this game delivers :D

Blah...well, I hope they don't make us wait too long. Through that sucker in my wish list as soon as it was an option. Really like the look of the game, and am hoping it plays well. I guess them switch users will be the guinea pigs on that.

Corpekata

Banned
Kickstarters that do arbitrary timed exclusives can go fuck themselves really, especially when the platform in question wasn't even part of the campaign.

I get prioritizing certain platforms because of small teams, or technical issues causing delays (especially of systems like Vita and Wii U these days), and yadda yadda. But just "Oh, the people that didn't back our campaign get the game first" just seems incredibly fucking bone headed. Kicksarted games especially tend to need that initial positive word of mouth when they are released to propel them forward, and a move like this isn't going to help enthusiasm from the hardcore that funded the game.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Enhanced Steam has been updated to version 9.3. This release includes the following new features and bug fixes:
  • Added the ability to sort wishlists by review scores, which will display the highest rated items first
  • Added some behind the scenes updates to OpenCritic reviews, should now display correctly on all pages
  • Added DRM warnings, price history information, and SteamDB links to bundle pages
  • Updated SteamRep section on profile pages to use updated API and safer code
  • Updated market code so that an items lowest price is shown on subsequent pages
  • Updated stores used in price comparisons (removed 6 legacy stores, added 4 new stores)
  • Fixed a bug where Steam Card Exchange links would not display properly on store pages
  • Fixed a bug where the Ukraine region had an incorrect ISO code
  • Fixed a bug where SteamDB links were not correctly formed on some pages
  • Removed market section totals as they conflicted with new market page updates
This update is available for Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox. Chrome users should see the extension update itself automatically within the next 60 minutes. Firefox users will update on their browser's regular update schedule, or by selecting "Check for updates" on their addons screen.

Firefox users can enjoy full functionality now with the exception of "quick sell" and "instant sell" buttons in your inventory, which appears to be a complex browser-specific bug revolving around the way Enhanced Steam handles market data.

An updated beta version of Enhanced Steam for Microsoft Edge is currently in the works.

As always, please let me know if you encounter any issues with this release.

Corpekata

Banned
I doubt it's even Nintendo, it's probably just Nordic thinking "Shit there's no games on the Switch right now, let's try to take advantage of that"

ArjanN

I doubt it's even Nintendo, it's probably just Nordic thinking "Shit there's no games on the Switch right now, let's try to take advantage of that"

As someone who backed that kickstarter and is getting the game on PC, I find it hard to find fault with that logic. The wait on the new Shovel Knight campaign on PC wasn't exactly hard either when there's several must-play games coming out every week.

Corpekata

Banned
As someone who backed that kickstarter and is getting the game on PC, I find it hard to find fault with that logic. The wait on the new Shovel Knight campaign on PC wasn't exactly hard either when there's several must-play games coming out every week.

They already clarified the thing was a mistake and all the announcement was meant to be was that it was for Switch.

FatBaby

Enhanced Steam has been updated to version 9.3. This release includes the following new features and bug fixes:
  • Added the ability to sort wishlists by review scores, which will display the highest rated items first
  • Added some behind the scenes updates to OpenCritic reviews, should now display correctly on all pages
  • Added DRM warnings, price history information, and SteamDB links to bundle pages
  • Updated market code so that an items lowest price is shown on subsequent pages
  • Updated stores used in price comparisons (removed 6 legacy stores, added 4 new stores)
  • Fixed a bug where Steam Card Exchange links would not display properly on store pages
This update is available for Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox. Chrome users should see the extension update itself automatically within the next 60 minutes. Firefox users will update on their browser's regular update schedule, or by selecting "Check for updates" on their addons screen.

Firefox users can enjoy full functionality now with the exception of "quick sell" and "instant sell" buttons in your inventory, which appears to be a complex browser-specific bug revolving around the way Enhanced Steam handles market data.

An updated beta version of Enhanced Steam for Microsoft Edge is currently in the works.

Hey, thanks for the update. On Chrome however, it is saying it requires new permissions. "Read and change your data on all steampowered.com sites, steamcommunity.com, and store.steampowered.com"

What it up with that? It sounds scary. :(

Pakkidis

Great work! Some of these updates look really good.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Hey, thanks for the update. On Chrome however, it is saying it requires new permissions. "Read and change your data on all steampowered.com sites, steamcommunity.com, and store.steampowered.com"

What it up with that? It sounds scary. :(

He didn't change any permissions on ES, it's a chrome false flag. I got one for 1password the other day. What the fuck is Google doing?

Nabs

Gamestop has a sale ($10) on those indie Steelbooks. Guacamelee, Awesomenauts, Axiom Verge, Jotun, Nuclear Throne, Chariot, Thomas was Alone, Rogue Legacy, Stories, and Punch Club.

Popstar

He didn't change any permissions on ES, it's a chrome false flag. I got one for 1password the other day. What the fuck is Google doing?
I wish Google would improve the permissions pop-up. Just dividing things into "now requires" and "still requires" would be an improvement.

That said, it was probably this change that triggered it.

data

Gamestop has a sale ($10) on those indie Steelbooks. Guacamelee, Awesomenauts, Axiom Verge, Jotun, Nuclear Throne, Chariot, Thomas was Alone, Rogue Legacy, Stories, and Punch Club.

Do these games even have discs? Isn't this useless?

edit: Oh, wow. They have discs with the game on it. That's pretty cool then

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom