• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | April 2017 - Fly me to the Moon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Prices on trading cards for Nier doesn't make any sense. They're still very high, i just sold usual 2B card for 0.5$ and other shit for around 0.3$, while in the meantime newly released Bayonetta already in standard 0.15-0.25$ per card range and probably will drop later. Is this all because of that common 2B background? People like 2B more than Bayonetta?

Ghostlight to release hybrid JRPG/Idol Simulation Omega Quintet on PC!

http://blog.ghostlight.uk.com/post/ghostlight-to-release-omega-quintet-on-pc

Key%20visual_1200-13-4-2017.jpg

Thats cool!

Pachimari

See, that's such a fucking none-game. Thank goodness you didn't get around to tease us more.

Not meant to sound harsh or angry. But I'm glad there wasn't much teasing. I think the way you handled it was a good way to do it. :)

Prices on trading cards for Nier doesn't make any sense. They're still very high, i just sold usual 2B card for 0.5$ and other shit for around 0.3$, while in the meantime newly released Bayonetta already in standard 0.15-0.25$ per card range and probably will drop later. Is this all because of that common 2B background? People like 2B more than Bayonetta?
$60 game vs $20.

It's actually an alright game.

I'm kinda surprised this is being brought by Ghostlight instead of IF.

It was probably a one-off game that Idea Factory didn't want to waste their resources on. It didn't have any commercial or critical buzz so it must have been cheap for Ghostlight to pay the license and bring it to PC.

On the bright side, those Steam cards from the game is going to make bank.

Such card prices rare for new AAA fullprice games too, they almost always in 0.1-0.2$ price range per card. Nier is something different for sure

Hmm... this could be used as evidence that Nier in fact did sell poorly, despite what the numbers people were saying.

I'll submit this and provide testimony as needed, if anyone wants to start up that conversation again.

Deques

Hmm... this could be used as evidence that Nier in fact did sell poorly, despite what the numbers people were saying.

I'll submit this and provide testimony as needed, if anyone wants to start up that conversation again.
How can card prices prove if a game is successful?

Like I don't wanna speak so ill about Ghostlight, seems they have their hearts on the right place but come on man. There has to be some niche Japanese titles out there that maybe never did well on their console but have a cult following that could use a re-release on PC. Maybe titles that were even on the portables, feels like they're trying to chase down newer console titles despite the quality of them.

Durante

Like I don't wanna speak so ill about Ghostlight, seems they have their hearts on the right place but come on man. There has to be some niche Japanese titles out there that maybe never did well on their console but have a cult following that could use a re-release on PC. Maybe titles that were even on the portables, feels like they're trying to chase down newer console titles despite the quality of them.
I think the reason they are releasing Omega Quintet is because they believe it will sell better than any of the really obscure handheld games that are more or less their only other choice left at this point.

I also think that they are probably right about that.

If the game was truly successful people would be paying 20 dollars per card out of respect to Square-Enix.

Exactly.

Sales figures only give half of the story. Maybe less.

Also, we should have an over/under on where Bayonetta will land. SteamGAF for sure went in, if that can be used as a barometer.

T-Rex.

Banned
pretty much

Nabs

Exactly.

Also, we should have an over/under on where Bayonetta will land. SteamGAF for sure went in, if that can be used as a barometer.

40k first week for Bayo seems like a solid guess.

Nzyme32

My life just got a curve ball that requires me to think a lot.

In the meantime​, what's a dumb as fuck game to play that's still fun?

I think the reason they are releasing Omega Quintet is because they believe it will sell better than any of the really obscure handheld games that are more or less their only other choice left at this point.

I also think that they are probably right about that.

The game isnt that bad imo.

Its just a bit sad to see that Ghostlight was one of the the first ones to publish japanese games on Steam and actually helped paving the way for them with them and now japanese publishers self-publish most of their titles. D3 is doing the titles that might fit into Ghostlights catalogue themselves.

And its even sad to see that Ghostlight really cares about the quality of their ports while some AAA publishers just use the minimum effort...

Pixieking

Banned
Exactly.

I'm gonna go wiiiiiiiiiith... 75k

It's still number 2 on the Global Bestsellers, and Steam keys are being sold on plenty of sites.

thenexus6

Got a Black Mesa code for £2, played the first hour (about what I played of the original game back in the day). Seems cool so far.

Wok

Endless Space 2 will be out of EA next month. Currently 25% cheaper than the release price.
I'm not telling you how much I paid for it.
😜

$39,99 / £34,99 / €39,99 for the Standard Edition
$49,99 / £44,99 / €49,99 for the Digital Deluxe Edition
Standard to Digital Deluxe Upgrade for $10,99 / £10,99 / €10,99

Echoplx

Enhanced Steam has been updated to version 9.3. This release includes the following new features and bug fixes:
  • Added the ability to sort wishlists by review scores, which will display the highest rated items first
  • Added some behind the scenes updates to OpenCritic reviews, should now display correctly on all pages
  • Added DRM warnings, price history information, and SteamDB links to bundle pages
  • Updated SteamRep section on profile pages to use updated API and safer code
  • Updated market code so that an items lowest price is shown on subsequent pages
  • Updated stores used in price comparisons (removed 6 legacy stores, added 4 new stores)
  • Fixed a bug where Steam Card Exchange links would not display properly on store pages
  • Fixed a bug where the Ukraine region had an incorrect ISO code
  • Fixed a bug where SteamDB links were not correctly formed on some pages
  • Removed market section totals as they conflicted with new market page updates
This update is available for Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox. Chrome users should see the extension update itself automatically within the next 60 minutes. Firefox users will update on their browser's regular update schedule, or by selecting "Check for updates" on their addons screen.

Firefox users can enjoy full functionality now with the exception of "quick sell" and "instant sell" buttons in your inventory, which appears to be a complex browser-specific bug revolving around the way Enhanced Steam handles market data.

An updated beta version of Enhanced Steam for Microsoft Edge is currently in the works.

As always, please let me know if you encounter any issues with this release.

Disabling the Steam Card exchange link doesn't seem to work for me.

And its even sad to see that Ghostlight really cares about the quality of their ports while some AAA publishers just use the minimum effort...

If Koei Tecmo had half a brain, they'd employ a team like Ghostlight to help port games. Spike Chunsoft does it, Idea Factory does it. Plus they would sell a lot more if the ports were up to modern standards. Look at the Sega EU and Capcpom ports as of late...great ports that have sold well.

Even the American K-T branch knows this. K-T Japan are a joke.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom