• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | April 2017 - Fly me to the Moon

Status
Not open for further replies.

gngf123

Or "Chapter ___". I haven't played it, but I know if you say your game has multiple endings, to me that means as soon as you reach one of the endings, you've beaten it. The outcome's just different depending on the choices you made. Seems almost like it's been made intentionally confusing.

The game actually doesn't call them multiple endings, that's mostly a thing reviewers did. The game refers to them as routes obtained by multiple playthroughs, which is more accurate but to some people still sounds like a normal NG+.

C7ZcZIcU0AAlAhq.jpg

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
The lashboy is excited about this one. No idea what this is.

Was previously an original Xbox exclusive that released in 2003. Glad to see stuff like this making it's way to PC and not getting lost completely.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
The lashboy is excited about this one. No idea what this is.

oh shit, was this known? always wanted to play it, had no idea they were remastering it.

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
Voodoo Vince was an okay game for it's time. Tail end of the platformers for the era and tried to be more Adventure puzzle oriented, and never hit any high marks, but has a nice charm to it and I felt it was worth the $10 I paid for it back in the day.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
It was known, but I think the fact that it is coming to Steam is news.

Yes although there was some speculation when the remaster was announced (a few years ago?) that it would make it's way to Steam, I believe it's still firmly in Microsoft's camp and it's being released on Xbox One as a "console exclusive" as well as the Windows Store / UWP.

So having it release on Steam is indeed good news.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
how can Yooka have higher numbers on steamspy if Bayonetta is cheaper (by half) and its always been higher than Yooka.

Steam charts by revenue right?

MUnited83

For you.
how can Yooka have higher numbers on steamspy if Bayonetta is cheaper (by half) and its always been higher than Yooka.

Steam charts by revenue right?

Because Yooka Laylee had a lot more of publicity and antecipation when Bayonetta just released completely out of the blue for most people. That, and we have no reliable data either way. It just so happens the particular portion of profiles sampled by steamspy so far might have more owners of Yooka than the average.

data

I don't get it, does top sellers only show games you don't own? When you view the list on the steam store you don't see Bayonetta, but on the whole list it shows Bayonetta as 4th.

Just finished one of corrosivefrost's favorite game, Year Walk.
Eerie and weird game that one.
Was pleasantly surprised to read a story from my area in the encyclopedia.

Catshade

hmm, i think i've missed this. anyone knows what's in the gold and silver packages?

Gold:
Tomb Raider: Legend [PC DOWNLOAD]
Deus Ex: Invisible War [PC DOWNLOAD]
Legacy of Kain: Defiance [PC DOWNLOAD]
Legacy of Kain: Soul Reaver [PC DOWNLOAD]
Blood Omen 2: Legacy of Kain [PC DOWNLOAD]
Conflict: Denied Ops [PC DOWNLOAD]
Gyromancer [PC DOWNLOAD]
Quantum Conundrum [PC DOWNLOAD]

Silver:
Hitman: Contracts [PC DOWNLOAD]
Hitman: Codename 47 [PC DOWNLOAD]
Thief: The Dark Project - Gold [PC DOWNLOAD]
Thief III: Deadly Shadows [PC DOWNLOAD]
Battlestations: Midway [PC DOWNLOAD]
Daikatana [PC DOWNLOAD]
Deathtrap Dungeon [PC DOWNLOAD]
Startopia [PC DOWNLOAD]

pls don't be silly, use violet wands for those purposes thanks
I was very high when I wrote that, so don't worry lol. *suffers cardiac arrest*

Haven't reached Cosmopolis levels of numbness.

Not sure how I feel about Torment, definitely enjoyed my time with it and the Bloom was memorable but the end game comes so fast in a way that I wasn't expecting. Was definitely expecting more emotion after completion which given the flaws in the gameplay systems(pointless cyphers/artifacts/anything if you have an int build) is leaving mixed feelings. Will have to give it time to digest.

Sarcasm

How do I see error codes? Enhanced Steam works on the main page but for every game store page it goes red !.

Fixed it, https and enhanced don't mix.

jshackles

How do I see error codes? Enhanced Steam works on the main page but for every game store page it goes red !.

Hovering over the red ! should give you a list of errors. You can also press F12 and select "console" to see a list of errors. Let me know what they are and I'll see what I can do to help.

EDIT: ^^ oh or that. This typically has to do with Steam's own API, as Enhanced Steam's API servers are HTTPS capable.

FLD

I don't get it, does top sellers only show games you don't own? When you view the list on the steam store you don't see Bayonetta, but on the whole list it shows Bayonetta as 4th.

I think the list on the main page is regional, so that means it's not a top seller in your region. Same thing for me, it's not on the main page list but it's in second place when I click through to see the global top sellers.

Basically, we both live in areas where people suck.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 12 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

SQUARE ENIX Discovery & Friends Bronze -- MB-EC4A9933EE72F499 - Taken by Tall4Life
SQUARE ENIX Discovery & Friends Bronze #2 -- MB-0041FA87F9C5382A - Taken by Nzyme32
SQUARE ENIX Discovery & Friends Gold -- MB-C3B411F927E03512 - Taken by Jawmuncher
SQUARE ENIX Discovery & Friends Gold #10 -- MB-9A3FD59ED2F64827 - Taken by DunderHassan. 1 entrants total.
SQUARE ENIX Discovery & Friends Gold #2 -- MB-07A259C982C1380B - Taken by Mikurden. 2 entrants total.
SQUARE ENIX Discovery & Friends Gold #3 -- MB-8B400C57493B470B - Taken by Sarcasm
SQUARE ENIX Discovery & Friends Gold #4 -- MB-715F33F73DFC67F3 - Taken by zebez
SQUARE ENIX Discovery & Friends Gold #5 -- MB-2CFC6F877492EFC6 - Taken by GoldandBlue
SQUARE ENIX Discovery & Friends Gold #6 -- MB-4FB7315914092628 - Taken by EdmondD. 1 entrants total.
SQUARE ENIX Discovery & Friends Gold #7 -- MB-FC1C8C0A892457CA - Taken by Se7enSword
SQUARE ENIX Discovery & Friends Gold #8 -- MB-F647CC6EEDF78AB4 - Taken by White Wolf
SQUARE ENIX Discovery & Friends Gold #9 -- MB-25538D1605BDFE20 - Taken by Regginator

t1492128692z1.png

I missed out on the previous giveaway so here are some more including a gold tier; same instructions as before, winners should go here and add the appropriate bundle to their basket and enter the code.

Bronze:
Kane & Lynch: Dead Men
Kane & Lynch 2: Dog Days
Order of War
Pandemonium
Project: Snowblind
Scarygirl
Thief II: The Metal Age
Urban Chaos
Gold:
Tomb Raider: Legend
Deus Ex: Invisible War
Legacy of Kain: Defiance
Legacy of Kain: Soul Reaver
Blood Omen 2: Legacy of Kain
Conflict: Denied Ops
Gyromancer
Quantum Conundrum

Having some trouble with ModBot accepting the rest of the Bronze tiers but will edit them in when it's working

Some of the dlc almost never goes on sale. It's bloody annoying, especially since they keep leaving more and more of it out of the season passes.

Just hold tight for a Bundlestars bundle. Somehow they're tight with Warner and end up offering deals no one else does. Eventually you'll get a Lego build-your-own-bundle where you can buy 3 season passes for $10 or so.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Nice seeing it on Steam. Now, I wouldn't mind remasters of the two Blinx games either.

In essence, the situation is the same: Microsoft owns the IP, however the games themselves are owned by a third party. But it's Marvelous that owns the games these days (Artoon was absorbed into AQ Interactive, which itself was made defunct following the merger with Marvelous) and it's one of those companies that I fear is too big to see the value in such an endeavour. :(

Aaron D.

I had Voodoo Vince on OG Xbox back in the day.

The mechanic of doing kill-specials on yourself to defeat enemies was novel, but I do remember it getting a bit stale. Nice game nonetheless.

Had a killer N'orleans-inspired soundtrack.

liezryou

Finally got around to playing ryse... and my rx 480 is having trouble getting a solid 60 fps on max settings. But thanks to freesync it's still silky smooth. This game looks alot better then games coming out even now despite being a 4 year old game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom