• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | April 2017 - Fly me to the Moon

Status
Not open for further replies.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Oh, it seems like it wanted me to allow for some new permissions. Now it works again. Sorry for the trouble.

Sorry for the confusion, glad you got it going again.

By the way if anyone is interested, I wrote some more on the Enhanced Steam blog about what happened and why and how it affects users.

Tellaerin

Jim Sterling reviews and impressions are soooo passé now. The kids now are all raging about this dunkey and his reviews like that ukelele game.

I don't have enough time in my life to sit through video reviews. Print media needs to start making a comeback already. >.>

FLD

Replaying Bayonetta is really making me want a new game in this style. If we can't get Bayo 2 on Steam then I really hope Capcom are working on DMC5. Something completely new from Platinum/Kamiya would be way better, though.

Replaying Bayonetta is really making me want a new game in this style. If we can't get Bayo 2 on Steam then I really hope Capcom are working on DMC5. Something completely new from Platinum/Kamiya would be way better, though.

I'd love to see a new Kamiya game too. After the Scalebound failure I hope he bounces back in a big way.

Tizoc

tumblr_oexrrziZxT1vas4iuo1_500.jpg

So did anyone actually play the Sexy Brutale? How is it?

I feel like this question was asked a couple of times and nobody said anything.

AHA-Lambda

So did anyone actually play the Sexy Brutale? How is it?

I feel like this question was asked a couple of times and nobody said anything.

I can't say I've played it either, but this game seems a prime candidate for something that's going to be lost amongst the past 2 months worth of releases =/

PLAY NIER NOOOOOW!

Happy for you though! Maybe dust played a part or your gpu needed to be reseated. Pc's act in strange ways at times, lol

lol

But yeah, the problem isn't solved but I'm not sure what's going on.
I suspended the PC, then when I pressed a key to wake it up it rebooted and again without picture.
What's weird is that I shut it down, unplugged it and then turned it on again and everything was how I left it, just like if it had woken up from suspend.
It went straight back to how it was when I hit suspend, the programs were all open, everything, even though I unplugged the power cord. Maybe the hdd is acting up? Well, at least Nier has cloud saves lol.

My Walmart had a bunch of games but all were still full price :(. I scanned all that I could find and nothing was on clearance except 2 copies of Wolfenstein The New Order for $9.

Decided to look at Steamspy numbers for some of the interesting stuff that came out on 11th April

Yooka-Laylee 31,486 ± 5,130
Bayonetta 28,379 ± 5,920
Planescape Torment Remaster 4,373 ± 1,912
Cosmic Star Heroine 1,294 ± 1,792
Sexy Brutale 647 ± 1,267

I know the numbers are still in flux but it does look like Brutale was the big loser.

Had a look at a couple of other recent releases too

Zero Escape: The Nonary Games 3,498 ± 1,710
Lego City Undercover 6,778 ± 2,380

Both are in bomba territory. Sad that the Steam community did not embrace the Nonary collection. Those are some damn fine games.

Ganado

Both are in bomba territory. Sad that the Steam community did not embrace the Nonary collection. Those are some damn fine games.
Did my part on both of those games. Really sad, especially for Zero Escape.

yuraya

He just wasted years on Scalebound so that probably set him back a bit. I'm guessing whatever he makes next will probably be in collaboration with Nintendo again. Bayo3 multiplat would be a great tho.

Hektor

Zero Escape has always been bomba. The third game was cancelled temporarily, and didn't sold well in the end either.

It's honestly a surprise Chunsoft even bothered to remake the first game. I feel that kinda speaks for Chunsoft believing into Uchikochi as a creator despite the sales, especially given the fact that they fund yet another game of his.

I hope we can expect a steamrelease for Psync as well

Tonton

Not at this price.

Also, if you think these numbers are depressing, just wait till 3rd of May.
sorry, Arthea
3rd will do 20k and that'll be a massive success

I sometimes wish we had a GOGspy

I'm more interested in what Cold Steel can do and if it'll have a softer drop compared to TitS

Lomax

It's bizarre to me that after only buying two day one releases in the last four years, I've now bought three day one releases in less than two weeks (Lego City Undercover, Bayonetta, and Cosmic Star Heroine). Plus I won Atelier Sophie. My poor neglected library. At least I'm not playing WoW as much.

I'm personally glad they remade 999, I don't know if I would've gone back to finish it otherwise and I really enjoyed the Steam release. I agree the initial price tag was too high (it's even a higher MSRP on PS4) for those that weren't sold on it regardless, hopefully some discounts this Spring will result in higher sales.

Wok

I've beaten Slime-San. Good game if you like hardcore platformers (easier than Super Meat Boy though). What is funny is that there are 5 different colors in the game.

AHA-Lambda

Yeah seems Sexy Brutale has cratered (so far anyway, still too early?), but I wasn't even aware of it until Jim Sterling's review, and there is still a metric tonne of releases to go through these past 2 months.
I think you'd be insane as a relative no name indie title to launch this month, or even in the next actually.

Anyway, I done my bit with Nonary Games, but the pack is certainly more expensive than expected, and it was always daft to release it after ZTD in the first place.

Also those Yooka Laylee numbers are lower than I expected actually, even with the poor reviews.

NeoRaider

I finished route A in NieR and... i don't know what to think. That was kinda short, yeah i skipped most of the side-quests but still, i was expecting more main missions. It's a good game, but nothing special or amazing imo. I liked it, but i was never blown away by it or impressed in any way.

Highlight for me is definitely OST, it's just AMAZING.

gngf123

I finished route A in NieR and... i don't know what to think. That was kinda short, yeah i skipped most of the side-quests but still, i was expecting more main missions. It's a good game, but nothing special or amazing imo. I liked it, but i was never blown away by it or impressed in any way.

I reached the actual ending of the game after 35 hours. It's far from short. You basically finished the first act/chapter.

Routes A and B are basically
halves of the prologue.

The first half of Route B does share a lot in common with A so it's kind of a hard sell, but it is seriously worth it. You can use it to do those side quests you skipped too.

Hektor

Well, duh. Of course it's short. It's only one route

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Decided to look at Steamspy numbers for some of the interesting stuff that came out on 11th April

Yooka-Laylee 31,486 ± 5,130
Bayonetta 28,379 ± 5,920
Planescape Torment Remaster 4,373 ± 1,912
Cosmic Star Heroine 1,294 ± 1,792
Sexy Brutale 647 ± 1,267

I know the numbers are still in flux but it does look like Brutale was the big loser.

40€ for non-waifu visual novels

AHA-Lambda

Yeah it's going to feel short, cos you haven't finished it

NeoRaider

I never said that i finished the game, i didn't miss that message at the end.
I was only sharing my impressions about what i played.

And i am not continuing with the game rn.

gngf123

so people are still missing that message in game about the game not actually being over? :p

It still calls it a playthrough though, which makes people think it's a New Game+ type of deal. The first half of route B doesn't really help break that impression either honestly.

It's sad, but some people really just need the game to come out with it and call it EPISODE 1, 2, 3 etc

Pachimari

To me, The Sexy Brutale is the most interesting release this month. Although I haven't bought it yet myself. There's also a few impressions in the game's OT thread.

Tellaerin

It still calls it a playthrough though, which makes people think it's a New Game+ type of deal.

It's sad, but some people really just need the game to come out with it and call it EPISODE 1, 2, 3 etc

Or "Chapter ___". I haven't played it, but I know if you say your game has multiple endings, to me that means as soon as you reach one of the endings, you've beaten it. The outcome's just different depending on the choices you made. Seems almost like it's been made intentionally confusing.

Hektor

Or "Chapter ___". I haven't played it, but I know if you say your game has multiple endings, to me that means as soon as you reach one of the endings, you've beaten it. The outcome's just different depending on the choices you made. Seems almost like it's been made intentionally confusing.

The game itself refers to it as "routes" and you actually see major differences the moment you continue with the game.

Saty

Speaking of, best-selling new Q1 games (up to April 1st):

PLAYERUNKNOWN'S BATTLEGROUNDS - 581,021 ±21,411
Conan Exiles - 520,046 ±20,258
FOR HONOR™ - 460,724 ±19,069
RESIDENT EVIL 7 - 379,286 ±17,303
Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon® Wildlands - 361,924 ±16,903
NieR:Automata™ - 218,684 ±13,141
Blackwake - 212,483 ±12,954
Bold New World - 163,289 ±11,356 (bundled?)
Husk - 150,474 ±10,902 (Humble Monthly)
Morphblade - 147,374 ±10,789 (Humble Monthly)
Pit People - 138,899
Mortifero Motus - 129,804 ±10,126 (bundled?)

--
rest not in a preceding order
--

Sniper Elite 4 - 111,822 ±9,398
Torment: Tides of Numenera - 106,654 ±9,179
theHunter: Call of the Wild™ - 94,666 ±8,647
Tales of Berseria™ - 79,784 ±7,939
Hollow Knight - 74,823 ±7,688
Night in the Woods - 60,975 ±6,940

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom