• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | April 2017 - Fly me to the Moon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
GreenManGaming is having an Easter Sale, but on-top of the sales there's a small voucher code which should work on almost every game on sale, use "EASTER" (without quotation marks, of course) as a voucher when checking out for an extra 5% off your cart.

Anyone else's Steam not turning on? Turned on my computer today and Steam is not loading and other things like task manager aren't turning on (Windows 10)

Planescape: Torment is still such an incredible game and while I enjoyed Numenera going back through PS really shows how how much bigger the considerably older game is in comparison, and that's not even comparing the quality of the writing.

Although I was pleasantly surprised by how many of the decisions I made in Numenera were at least recognized, even if it was never truly course altering.

Dr.Acula

Banned
Just found out my cousin's kid (who is 10) had an Undertale themed cosplay birthday party.

His parents are complete non-gamer, non-cosplay types. So random! Undertale? I had no idea that game would hold any appeal to 10 year-olds.

Anno

Just found out my cousin's kid (who is 10) had an Undertale themed cosplay birthday party.

His parents are complete non-gamer, non-cosplay types. So random! Undertale? I had no idea that game would hold any appeal to 10 year-olds.

That game consumed my wife's middle school class last year. I think a lot of them ended up getting it over Christmas (2015) break and it was all that many of them wrote and talked about for a month. I was a bit surprised, too.

Spectone

header.jpg

Endless Space Collection is on sale for only $1 that's 97% off
http://store.steampowered.com/app/208140/

Endless Space is a turn based 4X space strategy game released in 2012. Its sequel Endless Space 2 will be released May 19th 2017.

Kagamin is a Takane fan, so what he has to say doesn't really matter. I mean, everyone knows Iori is the best.

tumblr_static_13rt24wnlthc84g00k08o848s.gif

I await Kagamin's response to this.

There were these kids last year(maybe 9-10) during halloween that dressed up as skeletons and said they were dressing as Sans and Papyrus from undertale and was shocked they even knew who those characters were. I guess undertale has that five nights at freddys hype for the kids of today.

MUnited83

For you.
Can anyone with a NVIDIA Card try to boot up AC Black Flag? Mine crashes automatically on boot and it seems like a common issue by seeing the steam forums.

Speaking of Endless Space, Anyone have impressions on ES2? I haven't really heard anything about it since it hit EA.

It was rough when it first started EA but Amplitude has been fantastic with updating the game with balance changes and interesting factions. Multiplayer is up (though I haven't tried it), the UI is ridiculously slick, and theres enough to play around with in its current state to where I'd easily recommend it now. I've not played many 4x games outside of Endless Legend and (arguably?) Stellaris but it's easily a contender among those as one of my favorites at the moment. They've found a way to really make "terrain" in a space 4x interesting by the different galaxy generation settings, each offering distinct gameplay experiences and incentivizing the "exploration" aspect of the game by requiring you to actively go out and send probes to find neighboring constellations.

The early access launch came with 3(?) major factions and each major update has been punctuated by a new playable faction and a wealth of changes.

United Empires Update
Horatio Update
Riftborn Update

... and it's pretty great all and all! If you enjoyed Amplitude's other offerings then this is kind of a no brainer in my book.

Thanks. The terrain part sounds the most promising; it is something even Stellaris struggles with.

Kind of crazy how much of a resurgence space 4Xes have had.

Cosmic Star Heroine looks incredible in motion, spritework didn't seem all that interesting from screenshots but everything is so lively. Battle system seems really novel and it abandons a lot of the normal tropes like hording items(they replenish along with health after every battle)

Seems like it might be pretty grand.

Lomax

Cosmic Star Heroine looks incredible in motion, spritework didn't seem all that interesting from screenshots but everything is so lively. Battle system seems really novel and it abandons a lot of the normal tropes like hording items(they replenish along with health after every battle)

Seems like it might be pretty grand.

I was going to hold off and buy this on sale, but Robert from Zeboyd made a post about how they don't even know if they'll be able to stay afloat after making this, and everything about it sounds great, so I went ahead and got a copy. With launch discount and the humble monthly discount it's under $11 which is a good deal for a game of this scope and caliber, hopefully it can get enough buzz around here to do well. People venerate the SNES era rpgs but it's pretty rare that we actually see a game done in that style and not in a really overly primitive 8-bit style instead.

Anno

The moving King Arthur (2004) with Keira Knightly and Clive Owen might be the best B (C?) movie ever made. To me it's certainly the best drink-and-get-hyped movie ever.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Is ensless space the one with the space bears or was that the other one?

FLD

hmmm is The Evil Within a good game?

It's basically a slightly shittier version of Resident Evil 4 but without the cheesiness you'd expect from RE. It also felt more a bit more survival-y to me. I was constantly on the verge of running out of ammo, which made me fall back on the stealth mechanics a lot. I'm a huge stealth fan, so I ended up loving it because of that.

Jadax

StarDrive is shit. Either that or I didn't understand how to play it. Endless Space is fun if you're into such games.

I was going to hold off and buy this on sale, but Robert from Zeboyd made a post about how they don't even know if they'll be able to stay afloat after making this, and everything about it sounds great, so I went ahead and got a copy. With launch discount and the humble monthly discount it's under $11 which is a good deal for a game of this scope and caliber, hopefully it can get enough buzz around here to do well. People venerate the SNES era rpgs but it's pretty rare that we actually see a game done in that style and not in a really overly primitive 8-bit style instead.

For pretty much the same reasons as you I'm going ahead and getting it today as well. His communication over in the OT has been commendable.

Tomasety

Speaking of, best-selling new Q1 games (up to April 1st):

Bold New World - 163,289 ±11,356 (bundled?)
Mortifero Motus - 129,804 ±10,126 (bundled?)

First of all, it is not the same the number of owners as the numbers of games sold.
Second, those two games from above have been giving away on multiple gleams.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away 23 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- This is a giveaway for the thread url: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1357196.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

I7Ufybq.png

Mystery Game -- MB-89E2E514BB65483F - Taken by bloke
Mystery Game #10 -- MB-1096E7D6DB16A186 - Taken by Smeagol
Mystery Game #11 -- MB-9CABF88F9CCC36A8 - Taken by fspm
Mystery Game #12 -- MB-17BF4905FC3F4E9F - Taken by Servizio
Mystery Game #13 -- MB-3F60059C383A722C - Taken by lazerfox
Mystery Game #14 -- MB-66C6AEB149E399B9 - Taken by Battlechili1
Mystery Game #15 -- MB-94D0B787558BA226 - Taken by Eila
Mystery Game #16 -- MB-7D363CECD158EC38 - Taken by Monooboe
Mystery Game #17 -- MB-8A2E7F6EC12DEAC8 - Taken by DunderHassan
Mystery Game #18 -- MB-FC911ED73E1721E5 - Taken by electroflame
Mystery Game #19 -- MB-28F10630496901E6 - Taken by redlacs
Mystery Game #2 -- MB-6A5543A3C8D4390C - Taken by Pachimari
Mystery Game #20 -- MB-756898FE76CD9763 - Taken by bobnowhere
Mystery Game #21 -- MB-777C7BB75F86A68A - Taken by Vazduh
Mystery Game #22 -- MB-4AE5EC905CA90137 - Taken by Belgarion
Mystery Game #23 -- MB-371AA0A31BB1CE01 - Taken by Rhaknar
Mystery Game #3 -- MB-F7DC4BB7F2FFD4F0 - Taken by xGreg
Mystery Game #4 -- MB-6B958BCEDC651820 - Taken by NeoRaider
Mystery Game #5 -- MB-26802D6F064ACB2D - Taken by voodooray
Mystery Game #6 -- MB-09792A043ACDA555 - Taken by Tart Toter 9k
Mystery Game #7 -- MB-6A4C953553C9D7B2 - Taken by claytonlee101

Mystery Game #8 -- MB-A8AD8E86EF1BDC42 - Taken by madjoki

Mystery Game #9 -- MB-499E03BF2886BF8F - Taken by dot

NeoRaider

GreenManGaming is having an Easter Sale, but on-top of the sales there's a small voucher code which should work on almost every game on sale, use "EASTER" (without quotation marks, of course) as a voucher when checking out for an extra 5% off your cart.

But they stll don't sell Bayo. :(

StarDrive is shit. Either that or I didn't understand how to play it. Endless Space is fun if you're into such games.

Stellaris tho.

SPACE FOXES
stellaris_avatar_mammalian_03.png

and iirc the devs pulled support from it and immediately aimed for a sequel right?

Not sure on post-launch support, but the sequel came out in no time. Don't think it was received very well either.

IIRC it's generally AI, UI, or general polish that is the downfall of smaller-budget 4X games. It takes a lot to make the whole thing work. (This is why Thea: The Awakening is so impressive to me; it avoids these problems.)

Monooboe

I got Endless Space a few years back and was quite hyped to play it, and did really try for several hours but I was so damn lost constantly that I just gave up haha. That is one of the things that makes me really want to play Stellaris, that it seems quite easy to get into.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom