• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | April 2017 - Fly me to the Moon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ascheroth

Not at this price.

Also, if you think these numbers are depressing, just wait till 3rd of May.
sorry, Arthea

Nah, the drop-off from SC to 3rd isn't going to be as big as FC to SC.
SCs completion rate is much higher than FC, and there will be an influx of those who played on PSP previously.

I just hope they'll make a 'complete your bundle' type of thing.
There should be
- a FC+SC bundle
- a FC+SC+3rd bundle.

Finished my first full walkthrough of Dishonored 2. Low chaos, full stealth, zero kills, 30 hours. Amazing game, level design is godlike, but engine is shit and random. Last time I boot up game it suddenly loaded in like 10 seconds instead of usual 60 seconds, and i was getting rocksolid 60-70 FPS while playing last level. It was so smooth and feels amazing, and i still don't know why this happened. Going to second playthrough when i'll back home from work, what is the best way to start it, just new game or NG+?

Uzzy

Finished my first full walkthrough of Dishonored 2. Low chaos, full stealth, zero kills, 30 hours. Amazing game, level design is godlike, but engine is shit and random. Last time I boot up game it suddenly loaded in like 10 seconds instead of usual 60 seconds, and i was getting rocksolid 60-70 FPS while playing last level. It was so smooth and feels amazing, and i still don't know why this happened. Going to second playthrough when i'll back home from work, what is the best way to start it, just new game or NG+?

New Game + gives you access to all the powers, so if you want to be crazy overpowered then do that. I've been doing a high chaos run in NG+ and it's quite fun just to run around and kill everything.

Arthea

Bayo is in its third day and steamspy says 43K owners.

I'm letting myself kick into Twin Peaks hype mode. Month and a half to go.

I'm kinda afraid to be hyped, on account that you can't enter the same river twice.

edited: OTOH 8bit Bayo was success - 210K owners!

Maxwood

Oh rock of ages, do not crumble, love is breathing still. Oh lady moon shine down, a little people magic if you will.
I'm letting myself kick into Twin Peaks hype mode. Month and a half to go.
Watched the series on Netflix two years ago. Right after finishing the first season the news arrived that the series would be coming back.
I've never left hype mode.

Finally bought the Blu-Ray collection and i'm all set for a rewatch (or two).
Fire Walk With Me's Missing Pieces are definitely worth wathing, if you haven't done so already.

Great avatar, btw. If a bit small. :p

Saty

Another Denuvo game cracked (2Dark).

- Little side note about Denuvo versioning. Since there is no official
versioning inside Denuvo protected files (or at least we never found
a trace of it, shame on us) we decided to label this new iteration as
version 4 since it's the fourth time we have to change things
approaching this protection. So, per this logic:

v1 = Lords of the Fallen/Fifa 15/...
v2 = Mad Max/Just Cause 3/Metal Gear Solid V/...
v3 = Resident Evil 7/Battlefiled 1/Watch Dogs 2/...
v4 = 2Dark/Nier Automata/Dead Rising 4/...

This is not official nor techinically correct but we like some order,
hence this little FYI

Tizoc

Inshould start watching twin peaks after finishing dirk gently and blackadder
Do i have to watch season 2 of twin peaks?

New Game + gives you access to all the powers, so if you want to be crazy overpowered then do that. I've been doing a high chaos run in NG+ and it's quite fun just to run around and kill everything.
Exactly what i'm going to do, after all this pain and humiliation what i experienced while trying to silently take out every guard and explore whole level at the same time, i want to do high chaos run badly. I loved first Dishonored for this, and now with 2 playable characters it's even more interesting, it requires 4 different playthroughs (corvo/emily high/low chaos) to see all stuff and endings, and there is also option to play the game without supernatural powers.

Maxwood

Oh rock of ages, do not crumble, love is breathing still. Oh lady moon shine down, a little people magic if you will.
Inshould start watching twin peaks after finishing dirk gently and blackadder
Do i have to watch season 2 of twin peaks?
Yes.
It's pretty clear Lynch's hand doesn't control the wheel all the time, but I enjoyed it. It's got it's highs and low.

Besides, it's worth watching for the opening and finale alone. Oh, and episode 7. I've rarely felt so uneasy and disturbed watching a tv show as I did during it's last couple of scenes. Absolutely incredible.

I know a lot of people hated it, but i'd say Fire Walk With Me is worth watching as well. After the show that is.
Not a fun movie by any stretch of the imagination, but a very intruiging one.
It shows the last day's of Laura Palmer and it's heartbreaking. Just don't expect any answers.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
Yes.
It's pretty clear Lynch's hand doesn't control the wheel all the time, but I enjoyed it. It's got it's highs and low.

Besides, it's worth watching for the opening and finale alone. Oh, and episode 7. I've rarely felt so uneasy and disturbed watching a tv show as I did during it's last couple of scenes. Absolutely incredible.

I know a lot of people hated it, but i'd say Fire Walk With Me is worth watching as well. After the show that is.
Not a fun movie by any stretch of the imagination, but a very intruiging one.
It shows the last day's of Laura Palmer and it's heartbreaking. Just don't expect any answers.

Basically agree with you, but will add DO NOT watch the movie until after the series. It spoils some pretty big plot points, it's a prologue but should only be watched after the series.

prudislav

Good. Now I can play it on my laptop offline. It only launched if you had an internet connection.
thats weird , should work fine unless denuvo bugged ;-)

BTW Is that 2Dark game any good??? I started ignoring it after that "we got denuvo because we need to fund console versions and soundtrack" statement

They did give people what they want; that was always their inetention
They are just ludicrously slow at doing it

They didn't with Sonic Lost World though. Also what I mean by that is if they can't see demand for other games, there's a problem with them. I'd be curious to see a media to interview John Clark from SEGA about this process and the catalog they can reach.

ezodagrom

Bayo is in its third day and steamspy says 43K owners.!
Taking into consideration that the game was out only for a few hours when Steamspy updated in the first day, Steamspy still doesn't have 3 full days worth of data.

They didn't with Sonic Lost World though. Also what I mean by that is if they can't see demand for other games, there's a problem with them. I'd be curious to see a media to interview John Clark from SEGA about this process and the catalog they can reach.
There's other reasons that play a part on when and why a game is ported other than demand. For example, maybe Lost World was just an easier and faster project to handle (taking into consideration that the port was handled internally, if I'm not mistaken).

Xanathus

You should try a no-powers stealth playthrough to fully appreciate the level design. The maps are so well-designed that you have access to 99% of the entire game even without any powers, the powers are basically a crutch.

Taking into consideration that the game was out only for a few hours when Steamspy updated in the first day, Steamspy still doesn't have 3 full days worth of data.

There's other reasons that play a part on when and why a game is ported other than demand. For example, maybe Lost World was just an easier and faster project to handle (taking into consideration that the port was handled internally, if I'm not mistaken).

Which is a silly case for a port. I mean, at this point Sonic Boom would be an easy port because it's been made on Cry Engine. Yet... no one want this pos.
There's two ways to handle ports:
-You release everything or a lot of thing, in a timely manner. In that case, I can see why they'd port something easy to port.
-You release a game every year... in that case, easier/faster means shit since you have a year between releases.

I'm happy and I bought Bayonetta day one. But to me, it still seems like SEGA is going slow and slow and is aiming for really old games. Bayonetta should've been their 2015 title and/or they should move their port pipeline way faster. 2 games a year, even 4.

I still dont get why Yakuza aint coming to PC yet (despite both Yakuza 0 and Yakuza Kiwami having "console exclusive" on the boxart).

Tizoc

Gamersgate has RiME for USD $24
Alt. a few traders are offering it for $21 if anyone's interested.

Which is a silly case for a port. I mean, at this point Sonic Boom would be an easy port because it's been made on Cry Engine. Yet... no one want this pos.
-You release everything or a lot of thing, in a timely manner. In that case, I can see why they'd port something easy to port.
-You release a game every year... in that case, easier/faster means shit since you have a year between releases.

I'm happy and I bought Bayonetta day one. But to me, it still seems like SEGA is going slow and slow and is aiming for really old games. Bayonetta should've been their 2015 title and/or they should move their port pipeline way faster. 2 games a year, even 4.

I still dont get why Yakuza aint coming to PC yet (despite both Yakuza 0 and Yakuza Kiwami having "console exclusive" on the boxart).
Eh old ass execs or Sony wanting Exclusives to remain exclusives.

Ascheroth

But they stll don't sell Bayo. :(
It's 16€ on Gamesplanet UK with PayPal exchange rate and the extra 3% from the Uncut group. Probably wouldn't get a better price on GMG either.
Though if you can get Bundlestars to give you UK prices (I couldn't) it's another 1€ cheaper there.

NeoRaider

It's 16€ on Gamesplanet UK with PayPal exchange rate and the extra 3% from the Uncut group. Probably wouldn't get a better price on GMG either.
Though if you can get Bundlestars to give you UK prices (I couldn't) it's another 1€ cheaper there.

It's not available on bundlestars. :(
I am not sure what is Uncut group?? I never used gamesplanet.

fantomena

I finally got around to start The Last Guardian yesterday. The game is beutiful and the cotnrols aren't as bad as I thought they would be. However, theframerate in more open outside environments is terrible.

Ascheroth

It's not available on bundlestars. :(
I am not sure what is Uncut group?? I never used gamesplanet.
It is.

I think so + you can get an additional 3% off discount if you join "for UNCUT!" steam group.

https://steamcommunity.com/groups/foruncut/discussions/7/496880503067325369/

T5Hh4TD.jpg

FpW6Aat.jpg

ezodagrom

I said that demand is not the only reason, but obviously it is a reason too, there must have been some demand for Lost World (on their twitter or sega forums I guess?). I occasionally see people also asking for Sonic Heroes or Unleashed (and sometimes...even 06, but, why...).

Also I meant Lost World was easier to handle not because of the porting process itself but because of who could handle it. Lost World could be handled internally while Bayonetta had to be handled by Platinum.

But then again it's SEGA, so who knows their thought process. I wouldn't be surprised if trying to convince the higher-ups on the Japanese branch took alot of time. <-<;

Dusk Golem

Exactly. If I'm not mistaken, I believe Sonic Lost World is running on the updated Hedgehog engine, the same version of the engine that Sonic Generations was running on. As a result, I bet it was fairly easy to port over Sonic Lost world as I bet it was similar to them porting over Generations.

Meanwhile, Valkyria Chronicles was using its own engine (so I'm a bit impressed they ported that earlier, but may have been due to demand), House of the Dead Overkill I heard was something of a passion project for the original team which is why that happened, etc. Of course other things still come into play, IE which games still have source codes to make porting easier, license fun to be worked out on certain projects, that sort of thing. Bayonetta I feel happened partially because Platinum is open and wants all of their games to come to PC if given the chance (basically how doable it is to come to an agreement to make a PC version happen, both by SEGA's side, the developers, the capability due to the engine/source code/whatever, etc.), SEGA heard the demand for Bayonetta and decided to pursue it, and while I guess it was some work it was obviously possible as it's done now.I imagine Bayonetta in part was also testing the waters (though wouldn't be surprised if some other projects are in the works). I'm pretty confident if Bayonetta does well we'll be seeing Vanquish PC somewhere in the future, but to quote the old SEGA slogan, "being this good takes AGES, SEGA."

At the very least though SEGA might take a while with its ports, at the very least the ports have been been at a pretty consistent high level of quality though.

Tizoc

UDkjjX6.png

Got Cluckle via Gaben Dollars but the other 3 I got for $51ish~

That's only one game though; so far SEGA released V. Chronicles HotD/TotD Overkill and Bayonetta.
Binary Domain doesn't even play like Yakuza, they are 2 different genres.
I'd like to see such an interview though, but they really need to get their heads out of their asses, realize that Bamco is going the right direction and realize that, within a certain release window, they can get good income from selling their other IPs on Steam.

SEGA EU's heart in the right place, but this is feeling like SEGA Japan execs are still holding a grudge against the early 90s when SEGA USA were running the show and they didn't like that that side was doing far better than them, and they don't want that to happene ever again. It's some wierdo-ass conservative mentality.

Dusk Golem

UDkjjX6.png

That's only one game though; so far SEGA released V. Chronicles HotD/TotD Overkill and Bayonetta.
I'd like to see such an interview though, but they really need to get their heads out of their asses, realize that Bamco is going the right direction and realize that, within a certain release window, they can get good income from selling their other IPs on Steam.

SEGA EU's heart in the right place, but this is feeling like SEGA Japan execs are still holding a grudge against the early 90s when SEGA USA were running the show and they didn't like that that side was doing far better than them, and they don't want that to happene ever again. It's some wierdo-ass conservative mentality.

Don't forget NiGHTS into Dreams, Jet Set Radio, Condemned: Criminal Origins, and Sonic Adventure 2~ Those were all part of SEGA's PC initiative as well.

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
First playthrough of Cave Story and I'm really enjoying it. Only mistake was probably starting in easy mode, but I could see myself replaying it sometime. Out of the waterway, now back in the village. Soundtrack is great.

Tizoc

First playthrough of Cave Story and I'm really enjoying it. Only mistake was probably starting in easy mode, but I could see myself replaying it sometime. Out of the waterway, now back in the village. Soundtrack is great.

Kero Blaster is from the creator of Cave Story, so do give it a play when you can.

UDkjjX6.png

That's the only game but it does matter in a sense, since it's a game a year.
The problem is, SEGA is treating their PC output as a Western only one + a japanese back catalog one as opposed to Bamco which basically release close to everything on PC or Capcom, which on top of that, also brings their A game to the back catalog (bringing big releases, and at a nice rythm.)

ezodagrom

That's the only game but it does matter in a sense, since it's a game a year.
The problem is, SEGA is treating their PC output as a Western only one + a japanese back catalog one as opposed to Bamco which basically release close to everything on PC or Capcom, which on top of that, also brings their A game to the back catalog (bringing big releases, and at a nice rythm.)
They've been talking about multiple projects since Lost World released though, so they better release more games this year. <-<;

(Well, technically they are, Sonic Mania and Sonic Forces, but, at least one more game other than those would be nice).

Tizoc

They've been talking about multiple projects since Lost World released though, so they better release more games this year. <-<;

(Well, technically they are, Sonic Mania and Sonic Forces, but, at least one more game other than those would be nice).

Those 2 games don't count; far as SEGA EU projects go, just assume it is back catalog from the PS360 era.

Nzyme32

Kero Blaster is from the creator of Cave Story, so do give it a play when you can.

Yeah that came up as a recommendation, will add it to the wishlist.

Will be starting cave story in an hour.

Also had no idea Kero Blaster was by the same guy. Kero Blaster is an absolutely wonderful game. I highly recommend you play it

Pachimari

Just make a queue in Excel.

I just can't. I started Rain World; dropped it, started Momodora III; dropped it, started Batman: A Telltale Series; dropped it, and lately started Dishonored and haven't touched it for 2 days.

I keep going back to either FIFA 17 or Battlegrounds.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom