• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | April 2017 - Fly me to the Moon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tellaerin

I tried my hand again to make saints row 4 work on steam.

It didn't work still. This makes me wish there was a way to sell games in your steam library. Saints row 4 is now worthless and I want my money back in some regard. Volition updated the game with a useless update, broke a bunch of peoples games, and then abandoned it. And doesn't respond to any of the requests for help on the steam forums.

At least I could sell it, the game could actually be worth something, shit makes me upset

What update is this? I was playing it without a problem the other night.

data

Wow it jumped to 71k from 45k. That's really nice. At this point 100k should be a given. Really hope it can do 200k in a few months, I imagine that'd be enough for Sega to really get off their asses and port more stuff.

Anteater

Onto hard in bayonetta! For some reason game is even better than I remember =o

probably because of the framerate i had to suffer through when I was on the ps3

ezodagrom

Wow it jumped to 71k from 45k. That's really nice. At this point 100k should be a given. Really hope it can do 200k in a few months, I imagine that'd be enough for Sega to really get off their asses and port more stuff.
The first few days of a game's release, steamspy just doesn't have enough data to properly estimate a game's owners numbers, since it uses 3 days of data for its estimates.

As of the latest update (71k), steamspy now has 3 full days worth of data for its estimate, though of course the number should keep increasing for about a week or so, it'll probably slow down afterwards.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
not sure about a character but it still makes sense because this is
A new puzzle game by Stephen Lavelle.

Right but I mean does he exist within the
Canon_Logo_350_tcm13-959888.jpg
of the game itself or just in our universe

Don't suppose anyone has noticed (or cares?) but Tacoma (the new game from the Gone Home devs) now has a generic 2017 date on it's website instead of Spring 2017.

Not surprising, the game has been in radio silence for some time now since the last delay.

EDIT: actually the logo looks rather different now too from before

Yeah I was just thinking about Tacoma a while ago. In retrospect I think they made a mistake by announcing it too early. E3 2015 reveal for an indie game that's scheduled for 2017 is a bit much.

rocket league is pretty cool can listen to new kendrick while I play p.good p.good

Yeah I turned off like 3-4 games today because I couldn't pay attention with DAMN. on repeat, got damn it's good. I wish I wasn't booty at Rocket League because that seems like a good combo.

ModBot said:
Instructions for Crimsonclaw111:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste. Your giveaway will be automatically reposted on your behalf.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Crimsonclaw111, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

t1cxE6r.gif
Bayonetta: Digital Deluxe Edition -- MB-F60BF8538CDE8D3F - Taken by GrinningColossus. 107 entrants total.

t1492307433z1.png
bayormuv0.gif

Somebody tag me as Platinum fanatic pls. And also, this defaulted to Mass Effect 2's Store banner image lol.

Parsnip

Don't suppose anyone has noticed (or cares?) but Tacoma (the new game from the Gone Home devs) now has a generic 2017 date on it's website instead of Spring 2017.

Not surprising, the game has been in radio silence for some time now since the last delay.

EDIT: actually the logo looks rather different now too from before

Not really silent, they went around and showed the game to the usual game outlets like a month ago. Here's GB's video with Fullbright folks.

As far as I recall, they retooled the game a bunch in the last year or so, don't remember the exact reasoning. I think it might have been that they realized it was too much just "Gone Home in space" or something.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
just got Warhammer 40k Eternal Crusade gift in my inventory... alrighty then.

which is f2p now, but the gift doesnt specify which of the premium versions it is /shrug

Sarcasm

SteamGAF hype has never let me down so far. :p

There's also the factor of steam hype. When the thread goes a bit crazy for one or more games to the point where it takes over the thread. A good chunk of people here buy the game to see what all the talk is about. I'm guilty of it as well (pillars of eternity). So that can always hurt things as well.

Definitely hit or miss for me.

Like Witcher 3 is snoozefest for me.

persona 5 stole me away from nier :( its soooo gud. I knew i should have just waited on nier.

I know what you mean. Right now my gaming soul is torn between Persona 5 and Stellaris. (Putting Zelda on hold, good as it also is!) It's difficult to tear myself away to do anything else.

It is a tough life.

I know what you mean. Right now my gaming soul is torn between Persona 5 and Stellaris. (Putting Zelda on hold, good as it also is!) It's difficult to tear myself away to do anything else.

It is a tough life.

I got lucky and just managed to complete NieR in time. Still have Zelda on hold though.

doesn't help that these games are extremely long, p5 averages like around 100 hrs man x_x thats longer than p4!!

do the side quest in nier affect the main story in any way or are there any standout side quests in the game? cause the ones i did suck

Dinjoralo

Some deal on GamesPlanetUK pushed me into buying Bayonetta... This time, I'll pay attention to all the lore things I skipped the first time through. That's also where I got DariusBurst, apparently. Woo.

Sky Chief

Got a 1080 Ti and played a ton of VR so far. What traditional game do you guys recommend that's good and will wow me on my 1440x3440 ultrawidescreen?

Vamphuntr

How are you supposed to play Dying Light so it's fun? A friend gifted me this so we could play in coop and I feel it's more frustrating than fun. Weapons break every time you manage to kill something. Melee is the main damage option and it's pretty unsatisfying since well it takes tons of hits to actually kill a single zombie. The parkour stuff is interesting but got old after the first hour.

xezuru

How are you supposed to play Dying Light so it's fun? A friend gifted me this so we could play in coop and I feel it's more frustrating than fun. Weapons break every time you manage to kill something. Melee is the main damage option and it's pretty unsatisfying since well it takes tons of hits to actually kill a single zombie. The parkour stuff is interesting but got old after the first hour.

Pretty much on the same end as GTA for me, no substance just pure coop filler, you do eventually get way better moves and loot and the dlc has cars but it's mostly just a game where you get 4 people to fuck around and laugh at when you see them all miss a parkour jump during a race challenge.

Coldsun

Banned

You'll get better weapons that last much longer.

Monooboe

I'm feeling that emptiness after finishing a huge game and now not knowing what to play. I enjoy being "free" but I also just want to disappear into another huge game.

Village

What update is this? I was playing it without a problem the other night.

Sorry for the late reply,Its the update that put all the mods on the workshop.

It broke the game for a few people, and they just went " welp, fuck it we working on agents of smash" and that's it

Lomax

Sorry for the late reply,Its the update that put all the mods on the workshop.

It broke the game for a few people, and they just went " welp, fuck it we working on agents of smash" and that's it

Document that it's broken and unplayable (and how) and report that information in a refund request. A lot of the time Valve will honor refunds for broken games.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away 22 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- This is a giveaway for the thread url: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1357196.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Ashbourne -- MB-CDF5AFE8BEADEC6E - Taken by Eila
Carton -- MB-7CF95C15A5677690 - Taken by Sarcasm
Chester One -- MB-58867E77E237703D - Taken by Catshade
Chowdertwo -- MB-21753243532DE72C - Taken by septicore
Dark Egypt -- MB-1DAEFC0FAAD86A8C - Taken by bobnowhere
Dark Shores -- MB-343874FC7D392085 - Taken by Abomination
Defend Your Crypt -- MB-FCB2829A46D17B9C - Taken by Megauap
Draw the Way -- MB-AACDBA9459C2D894 - Taken by voodooray
Drop Hunt: Adventure Puzzle -- MB-F530EED0041FCFF4 - Taken by Vuze
Galactic Landing -- MB-BF2DFB9D73C06B32 - Taken by Baron_Calamity
Girl Amazon Survival -- MB-BFA0AA3A36C34E4B - Taken by MaxiLive
Linked -- MB-5F779133A69030A0 - Taken by Arthea