• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | April 2017 - Fly me to the Moon

Status
Not open for further replies.
have you ever played infinite space

This is actually the only Platinum game I've played (loved it, even if it was pretty easy/basic). Saw it through from beginning to end. It felt like playing an Amiga/ST era game-narrowly focused system design explored in detail instead of having a lot of designs interact with each other like more modern games.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I can recognise hogs in the upcoming games list just from their names these days.

I know some guy
in a hat
who would be proud.

Vuze

Got some coupons that are expiring within the next weeks, hmu via trade request if you want any. https://steamcommunity.com/tradeoffer/new/?partner=120809661&token=_r58T1ET
ZZbPcIY.png

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Where can I do this? People just told me I was shit out of luck

You can submit a report as part of the refund request process. Did you buy the game on Steam? You can't refund games purchased outside of the Steam Store.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I bought it on steam, dlc too

Ah, good. In case you're not aware, if you click the "Support" link (when using Detail View), you'll be taken to the help site, where you can request a refund after a couple of clicks.

AHA-Lambda

Hype is biting me hard - think I'll check out persona 5. And then actually give my PS4 some use too, don't think I've touched it since UC4.

if they ever decide to restock the game here in the UK that is >_>

Anyone try Mr. Shifty yet? Looks like a less challenging and more empowering version of Hotline Miami with teleportation. These gifs make it look pretty good

Haven't played it yet, but reviews have been wildly mixed. Though most criticism so far has been due to Switch performance

Tizoc

Hype is biting me hard - think I'll check out persona 5. And then actually give my PS4 some use too, don't think I've touched it since UC4.

Haven't played it yet, but reviews have been wildly mixed. Though most criticism so far has been due to Switch performance

Grab Persona 5 when it goes on sale this Summer on PSN.

Pixieking

Banned

Amazon UK seem to have it for £55, or else CEX have it for £50 + P&P, and they're currently buying if for £36. If you're not sure on if you'll like it, it seems wise to buy it now and have the chance of flipping it and only losing 20 quid. :)

Hektor

Not to hype you up further, but it's one of the best and the longest JRPG i've ever played. It'll probably win GOTY even over Nier for me.

NeoRaider

There are some really nice deals on cdkeys. For example Dishonored 2 is 18€ (i don't remember it ever being cheaper than 23€), Prey is 29.50€, Deus Ex: MD is 9.50€, Dead Rising 4/ROTTR 20 Y.C. are 15.80€, Batman: Arkham Knight Premium is 4.60€...

AHA-Lambda

Amazon UK seem to have it for £55, or else CEX have it for £50 + P&P, and they're currently buying if for £36. If you're not sure on if you'll like it, it seems wise to buy it now and have the chance of flipping it and only losing 20 quid. :)

That's what I was thinking actually cos I've not played much games like Persona before.

Still annoyed though that the shipping date isn't until May, ffs >_>
And £55 is way more than what I'm used to paying for games these days! D:

So yeah I may go with a 2nd hand one from CEX over Amazon.

Shahadan

I can counter balance your hype by saying it's a game that will not respect you or your time, has multiple conflicting stupid design decisions, doesn't know where it's going or what it wants to be, is FILLED with useless text and scenes that will make the game far longer than it needs to be and that chances are you won't even finish it. :D

Uzzy

I can counter balance your hype by saying it's a game that will not respect you or your time, has multiple conflicting stupid design decisions, doesn't know where it's going or what it wants to be, is FILLED with useless text and scenes that will make the game far longer than it needs to be and that chances are you won't even finish it. :D

But on the other hand it has waifus.

C4rter

Humble Bundle Stuff

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (C4rter, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Galactic Civilizations II Ultimate Edition -- MB-DBC3AB5FDA2FB895 - Taken by anastef
Galactic Civilizations Ultimate Edition -- MB-64E64B101AFBBEFA

Durante

So is Planescape Torment EE a good edition?
I've not tried it, but I've only heard good things about it.

And it's still the best game of all time :)

That sounds like Persona 3 and 4, which is why I can't muster up any enthusiasm for 5.

gngf123

I'm interested in these "conflicting stupid design decisions". What kinds of design decisions are we talking about?

I absolutely hated P3. Found P4 to be better while still suffering from awful pacing, dungeon design, and a broken combat system. I've never really understood why it is rated as well as it is really.

Sounds like the pacing problems are still there at least.

Hektor

I have to disagree about the game not respecting your time other than the typical anime thing of explaining everything thrice and once for your dog.

I'm interested in these "conflicting stupid design decisions". What kinds of design decisions are we talking about?

I absolutely hated P3. Found P4 to be better while still suffering from awful pacing, dungeon design, and a broken combat system. I've never really understood why it is rated as well as it is really.

Sounds like the pacing problems are still there at least.

The dungeons are, i'd say rather objectively so, the single biggest imrpovement compared to the past games. With the exception of one, they are all handcrafted this time with distinctively unqiue rooms and environements, a unique gamedesign with an emphasis on stealthily approaching enemies and actual puzzles (altho not very hard ones)

Durante

I just looked up something on SteamSpy and also ended up on the Tales of Zestiria page. It's up to 400k, pretty wild. If you'd asked me I'd have guessed 250k or around that. It also was discounted a bit lower than I would have expected already though, at a $12.49 minimum.

Jawmuncher

I just looked up something on SteamSpy and also ended up on the Tales of Zestiria page. It's up to 400k, pretty wild. If you'd asked me I'd have guessed 250k or around that. It also was discounted a bit lower than I would have expected already though, at a $12.49 minimum.

It also went on sale for like $6 on the namco store

Uzzy

I have to disagree about the game not respecting your time other than the typical anime thing of explaining everything thrice and once for your dog.

Except for Morgana's constant 'you're tired, you should go to sleep' whining after you walk six feet. Most annoying Persona character ever, gaaah.

Powerpuff

First come first served.

ModBot said:
Instructions for Powerpuff:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 6 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Dawn of War II Retribution Ultramarines DLC -- MB-9A683DB330948EB0
DiRT Showdown -- MB-C4F3B92AB3239460 - Taken by Ladekabel
Freebie -- MB-444EB28BD31336E6 - Taken by Ventilaator
Galactic Civilizations Ultimate Edition -- MB-572FE0A8BCF3AA8D - Taken by Loptous
Gunstar Heroes -- MB-3C0B19D9B32C5250 - Taken by Vuze
Potatoman Seeks the Troof -- MB-36CD2F7EE60CDDC3 - Taken by voodooray

By the way, there were some errors processing your keys...
Note: One or more keys you added were already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This is a giveaway for the thread url: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1357196.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Mystery GAF -- MB-1E2A56FB30405CA1 - Taken by MaxiLive. 19 entrants total.

t1492271939z1.png

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This is a giveaway for the thread url: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1357196.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

A stranger I remain -- MB-AC4907854C8B1EDD - Taken by FeedMeAStrayCat. 14 entrants total.

t1492272175z1.png

Knurek

It was in a Humble Bundle IIRC (upper tier, but still, around €5 difference from BTA with Project Cars to sweeten the deal)

I've not tried it, but I've only heard good things about it.

And it's still the best game of all time :)

That's not how you spell Trails in the Sky, Durante. *smh*

Li Kao

Help me out there guys ! I'm in a CCG sort of mood which lead me to try Eldre Scrolls and Duelyst and install a ton more, but I can't seem to recall the name of one of these games, or more precisely I'm mixing up two games.

One is a CCG that is now a few years old and made some little waves when it added a solo mode.
The other is basically the same thing but it is quite recent, having left closed beta some months ago.

Edit - Eternal is the new one and Hex is the old one. I win. I get a cookie.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom