• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | April 2017 - Fly me to the Moon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aaron D.

Likely named after the solo dev, Stephen Lavelle.

Then again, Rembrandt always secretly cameoed himself into his paintings.

EDIT:

looks like someone is Blowing smoke

qtu9EnR.jpg

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away 21 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- This is a giveaway for the thread url: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1357196.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

AUPeRsu.jpg

Mystery Game -- MB-0D470A1ED036B6E4 - Taken by Ludens
Mystery Game #10 -- MB-AD0A247888423FFB - Taken by electroflame
Mystery Game #11 -- MB-260F4A2ABFC5807A - Taken by madjoki
Mystery Game #12 -- MB-6738034D68753C95 - Taken by Tart Toter 9k
Mystery Game #13 -- MB-9E0AF76FFD794A19 - Taken by nightstorm
Mystery Game #14 -- MB-609B7C2F9A0526D7 - Taken by dot
Mystery Game #15 -- MB-2B7D90CB8C6C437F - Taken by Large Professor
Mystery Game #16 -- MB-2C7384732127D810 - Taken by Monooboe
Mystery Game #17 -- MB-14C94C7A1302E6F7 - Taken by sixteen-bit
Mystery Game #18 -- MB-F502522C22E46DDA - Taken by Tall4Life
Mystery Game #19 -- MB-3CECA7084692F820 - Taken by Powerpuff
Mystery Game #2 -- MB-2EEAFC5B2442D148 - Taken by data
Mystery Game #20 -- MB-063F8E39A1ADED47 - Taken by anastef
Mystery Game #21 -- MB-C4914D0A39BFC95A - Taken by sadblob
Mystery Game #3 -- MB-336BC960B941059C - Taken by chronomac
Mystery Game #4 -- MB-3CC94AD7DAF82890 - Taken by Boss Doggie
Mystery Game #5 -- MB-018E2C8D3E6F3284 - Taken by Javier23
Mystery Game #6 -- MB-5C0091EEF19D6FDB - Taken by Freezard
Mystery Game #7 -- MB-80142A5B96674B03 - Taken by DarKshodaN
Mystery Game #8 -- MB-52631D87EAAD7AA9 - Taken by KainXVIII
Mystery Game #9 -- MB-259AB3BE956F1FDB - Taken by voodooray

What's with all the mystery raffles lately? I have this image that it's the same Gaffer doing all of them.
And all of the games are Bad Rats.

Thanks for the Nier responses.

Now, I need an alright sale, a medium sale.

Medium rare would be better. Rare, obviously the best. People who like 10% off well done sales... bleh.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- This is a giveaway for the thread url: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1357196.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

w5Bqht8.png

Mystery Gift - Lost moon -- MB-EFFCFD0C691D25B8 - Taken by Javier23. 21 entrants total.

t1492206740z1.png

xist

So, playing Mass Effect 3 and I've just discovered that I seem to be building the Death Star. That, and the fact that in the previous game Shepard lead a racist terrorist group to victory, has me slightly concerned that I may actually be on the wrong side.....

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member
DURANTE ALERT

Durante, drop whatever you're doing and give this 4 kB (well, 4088 bytes) demo a try.

(seems to run 30-ish fps in the 1080p version on my 980TI, so your GPU should fare even better).

Seriously, shit is just mindblowing.

2ndstagekkjag.jpg

(There's also a WebGL Shadertoy version, if you want to look at the code)

Holy fuck this destroyed my mind. This reminds me in the best way of those competitions to put the craziest shit in 64k as possible. It's so good.

fantomena

Just received a really interesting press mail from Tinybuild about the CEO of Tinybuilds thoughts on the G2A and Gearbox situation. Im not posting it here in case Tinybuild want to release it to the public it self, but it was a very interesting read and things I never knew.

Edit: They have apparently published it on their blog. I recommend reading it.

Nabs

Just received a really interesting press mail from Tinybuild about the CEO of Tinybuilds thoughts on the G2A and Gearbox situation. Im not posting it here in case Tinybuild want to release it to the public it self, but it was a very interesting read and things I never knew.

http://www.tinybuild.com/single-pos...ces-can-help-prevent-the-GearboxG2A-Situation ?

3.2 gig patch for Assassins Creed 2 on steam.. What is going on here?

It looks like a language update.

Jawmuncher

Bayonetta is at 43,573 ± 5,994 (Numbers should be pretty solid from here on out).
Gotta say that's pretty impressive for a late port with a sudden release. Wonder if Vanquish would pull off similar numbers.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
Bayonetta is at 43,573 ± 5,994 (Numbers should be pretty solid from here on out).
Gotta say that's pretty impressive for a late port with a sudden release. Wonder if Vanquish would pull off similar numbers.

I feel Vanquish may be a bit less than Bayonetta, but still pretty good. I think it helps that Bayonetta has had more exposure than Vanquish over time, IE Bayonetta had a sequel, got much coverage online, was playable in Smash, etc.

Vanquish is a bit more niche, but still has its fans and I feel would still sell well coming to Steam, but I kind of think Bayonetta will sell more. The concept of Bayonetta I also would say is more immediately intriguing than the concept of Vanquish, but where Vanquish shines is its execution rather than its presentation/high concept/artistically.

However, I also do think Vanquish out of any Platinum title (and many SEGA titles) would GREATLY benefit from a PC version, that game has always needed clear image quality and 60fps. Bayonetta already had the 60fps WiiU version, though certainly happy to have it on PC. Vanquish had sub-30 FPS in a fast-paced game that would so greatly benefit being 60fps.

gngf123

I've always felt that Vanquish has a potentially bigger audience than Bayonetta on PC. It really seems like something that would do well here, especially if the port was good and removed the 30fps cap.

But more people have heard of Bayonetta, so it's got that going against it.

Dusk Golem

I'd mention Anarchy Reigns again right about now, but I'm starting to think I am to AR what Jawmuncher is to DC. >.>

I hope Anarchy Reigns comes to PC myself, the online community would thrive better there and the gameplay would too.

I just am not getting my hopes up since I legitimately think Anarchy Reigns is maybe Platinum's most obscure game.

Dusk Golem

Also, if you don't know much about Anarchy Reigns, I would suggest watching the Japanese Launch Trailer, I feel that was always the best trailer for the game.

Anarchy Reigns Japanese Launch Trailer

(this might come out as a double post, hoping someone posts before I post this but wanted this to be its own post.) Edit: Grrr, was a double post.

Dusk Golem

I would not bet on any ports of multiplayer focused games really, save maybe for a fighting game like Virtua Fighter.

It's probably true. Online porting has additional work as well since obviously they need to rework the network code in a number of ways, some I can only imagine would be nightmarish to deal with, so it's a bit more complicated than porting single player experience. I would say it's not impossible, but I view Anarchy Reigns getting ported to be improbable.

I'm still holding hope that Capcom will make an HD online-capable version of Resident Evil Outbreak File 1 & 2 someday soon though. Those titles could do well enough in a modern market with the RE name I feel and have enough reputation, and I WANT IT TO EXIST, COME ON CAPCOM.

Jawmuncher

You know I never played much of the MP of Anarchy Reigns, but I enjoyed the SP mode. It had more than enough meat and content to be satisfying alone like that.

Teeth

I imagine Sega is working their way backwards on the Platinum games until one doesn't sell well. I'd bet Vanquish is next and if it does okay, they might do Mad World, then Anarchy last.

My biggest fear about Vanquish is Platinum fucking up the mouse controls and never fixing it. Like a monkey's paw of getting a PC version. I'd rate it at about a 60% chance of happening.

Village

I tried my hand again to make saints row 4 work on steam.

It didn't work still. This makes me wish there was a way to sell games in your steam library. Saints row 4 is now worthless and I want my money back in some regard. Volition updated the game with a useless update, broke a bunch of peoples games, and then abandoned it. And doesn't respond to any of the requests for help on the steam forums.

At least I could sell it, the game could actually be worth something, shit makes me upset

I imagine Sega is working their way backwards on the Platinum games until one doesn't sell well. I'd bet Vanquish is next and if it does okay, they might do Mad World, then Anarchy last.

My biggest fear about Vanquish is Platinum fucking up the mouse controls and never fixing it. Like a monkey's paw of getting a PC version. I'd rate it at about a 60% chance of happening.
I want mouse controls as much as anybody but honestly I'll be happy to just play it above sub HD and above 30fps.

But the game absolutely deserves MKB controls done right.

Teeth

I want mouse controls as much as anybody but honestly I'll be happy to just play it above sub HD and above 30fps.

But the game absolutely deserves MKB controls done right.

I'm terrible at shooters with dual stick controls, but I struggled through Vanquish on PS3 because it was so good. But the whole time I was dreaming of mouse controls.

And a simple mod that would prevent your weapons from downgrading when you selected "continue" instead of "exit to menu" then "continue". The most baffling of all design decisions.

I'm terrible at shooters with dual stick controls, but I struggled through Vanquish on PS3 because it was so good. But the whole time I was dreaming of mouse controls.

And a simple mod that would prevent your weapons from downgrading when you selected "continue" instead of "exit to menu" then "continue". The most baffling of all design decisions.
If the mouse controls are on point I may actually play on God hard and do all the challenges. I only ever beat the game on hard because several thousands of hours of CSGO (thank god I stopped playing that) wrecked my ability to aim on controllers.

Tizoc

Early Impressions of Cluckle's Adventures
http://store.steampowered.com/app/605250/

Right so this is a 2D Action 'Puzzle Platformer; as Cluckle you can wall jump do a charging sword attack and double jump.
You must utilize these abilities to navigate the stage and find the chicks all the while taking out enemies that are in your way.

If you mistime the press of the Attack button, you will die and need to restart the stage.
^This so far is the biggest issue I have with the game, but stages are short so it isn't THAT big an issue. I'll post in the Steam community for the game to see if the dev can work something out.

Other than that though, it's a lovely little Indie game about a Badass Chicken with a sword striking justice upon the vile cretins who dared to steal chicks who were just frolicking in the fields.
YOU SNAILS DONE FUCKED UP NOW!

Teeth

If the mouse controls are on point I may actually play on God hard and do all the challenges. I only ever beat the game on hard because several thousands of hours of CSGO (thank god I stopped playing that) wrecked my ability to aim on controllers.

Ultimate nightmare scenarios: Vanquish PC port - mouse controls:
1) Emulated dual analogue with mouse ("The Dead Space")
2) Inverse mouse acceleration ("The Dead Space 3")
3) Mouse controls designed by people who have never used a mouse in a game ("The Final Fantasy Type 0")
4) Improper sensitivity scaling with huge steps ("The Binary Domain")
5) Differently scaled sensitivity for X and Y axes ("The Skyrim")

I'd actually be okay with mouse acceleration tuned to the Windows setting, as I've become used to it over the years with so many games having it by default. But yeah, raw mouse input (with a toggle for acceleration) would be nice.

But that's probably asking for the world considering the Bayonetta mouse controls.

Man, Dead Space 1 for PC... It's one of the only games where I've made use of my mouse's sensitivity settings. Went all the way up to the max setting, which was like 300-400% higher than my default sensitivity. And that was just to get it playable; it was far from optimal.

Ultimate nightmare scenarios: Vanquish PC port - mouse controls:
1) Emulated dual analogue with mouse ("The Dead Space")
2) Inverse mouse acceleration ("The Dead Space 3")
3) Mouse controls designed by people who have never used a mouse in a game ("The Final Fantasy Type 0")
4) Improper sensitivity scaling with huge steps ("The Binary Domain")
5) Differently scaled sensitivity for X and Y axes ("The Skyrim")

I'd actually be okay with mouse acceleration tuned to the Windows setting, as I've become used to it over the years with so many games having it by default. But yeah, raw mouse input (with a toggle for acceleration) would be nice.

But that's probably asking for the world considering the Bayonetta mouse controls.
I think you'll be okay for Vanquish though, since it's actually a shooter. I pray for us both.

Village

Early Impressions of Cluckle's Adventures

http://store.steampowered.com/app/605250/

Right so this is a 2D Action 'Puzzle Platformer; as Cluckle you can wall jump do a charging sword attack and double jump.
You must utilize these abilities to navigate the stage and find the chicks all the while taking out enemies that are in your way.

If you mistime the press of the Attack button, you will die and need to restart the stage.
^This so far is the biggest issue I have with the game, but stages are short so it isn't THAT big an issue. I'll post in the Steam community for the game to see if the dev can work something out.

Other than that though, it's a lovely little Indie game about a Badass Chicken with a sword striking justice upon the vile cretins who dared to steal chicks who were just frolicking in the fields.
YOU SNAILS DONE FUCKED UP NOW!

A chicken can't have a sword, it don' even have fingers.

This game is a lie

AHA-Lambda

Don't suppose anyone has noticed (or cares?) but Tacoma (the new game from the Gone Home devs) now has a generic 2017 date on it's website instead of Spring 2017.

Not surprising, the game has been in radio silence for some time now since the last delay.

EDIT: actually the logo looks rather different now too from before

zkylon

zkylewd
Don't suppose anyone has noticed (or cares?) but Tacoma (the new game from the Gone Home devs) now has a generic 2017 date on it's website instead of Spring 2017.

Not surprising, the game has been in radio silence for some time now since the last delay.

EDIT: actually the logo looks rather different now too from before

i care!

tacoma looks neat

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom