• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August 2015 - Three versions of Windows since the last Half-Life

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anteater

this guy is laaame, had to take cover in a carport, used up all my ammos too

mmqny.jpg

fallout 3 is my favorite, fuck the haters.

i need to take a month off or something just so i could play those games

I've already beaten Binary Domain.

boo yeah i don't know what else is there, i haven't beaten spec ops myself

zkylon

zkylewd
Some quick impressions for the bundly-as-hell Enigmatis: The Ghosts of Maple Creek.

Do you like hidden object scenes? Like REALLY like them? Wish the average hidden object game had lots and lots of them? Then this is the one for you. This one still has minigames, and it still has inventory puzzles, but boy howdy, so many of the needed items will come from hidden object scenes - and you'll go back to the same scene three times in some cases. AND they're trickier than average. Some of that stuff was hidden almost TOO well (friggin' glove! It should not be that hard to find a glove!) So get your searchin' boots on for this one.

I finished this today and as my first hidden object game it did feel weird that you doing the same rooms multiple times. And yah some the rooms hid thing almost too well. Only mini game I didn't like was that stupid tile game In a cupboard

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Is inline remove from wishlist broken in Enhanced Steam right now? It's not working for me, but I'm not getting any JS console errors or anything?

ExoSoul

Banned
How do you guys feel about people who are inept at certain games but play them because it is/was popular and it might bring them views?

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
hah I just noticed the thread title

but I swear to god didn't HL2 came out when XP was still recent?

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
How do you guys feel about people who are inept at certain games but play them because it is/was popular and it might bring them views?

I don't watch other people play games, as people don't do what I would do and that's annoying to see in a game.

I would hope however they, or whomever is watching it, is at least enjoying playing no matter how good or bad it is.

hah I just noticed the thread title

but I swear to god didn't HL2 came out when XP was still recent?

Aye, XP was 2001 and Half-Life 2 was 2004.
Vista was 2006, Episode Two was 2007.
What false hope some had with 7 and 8 within those first two years.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Is inline remove from wishlist broken in Enhanced Steam right now? It's not working for me, but I'm not getting any JS console errors or anything?

Yeah, it looks like Valve changed how the wishlist_remove elements are nested in the HTML code. I'll have a fix in place in the next release, sorry about that.

Momentary

Banned
Story made absolutely no sense to me and the gameplay isn't the best in the world, but damn did I enjoy this game for some reason. Combat system just clicked for me.

261110_2015-08-03_00001_zpsseod2jt4.png

261110_2015-08-03_00012_zpsqsitsekv.png

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Story made absolutely no sense to me and the gameplay isn't the best in the world, but damn did I enjoy this game for some reason. Combat system just clicked for me.

Game is beautiful and while the story might not make sense on the first play its interesting enough to keep watching. Make sure to read the files you unlock after you finish the game to understand things better.

zkylon

zkylewd
One being better or not doesn't matter when I don't like playing those kinds of games. That was my point. I tried playing 3 and New Vegas along with other new TES games and don't care for them personally.
Opinions. How do they work? :3
i was between league games so gave a pretty crappy reponse heh

sorry

here goes real response:

both fo3 and new vegas have shitty combat and share the same shitty engine but new vegas actually has real quests and a real story and meaningful builds and stuff. that makes it a real rpg vs fo3's/skyrim's first person walking and exploring and modding or whatever the hell what bethesda likes to make is called

they're fundamentally different games because of that, even if they're the same game on a surface level

and i like to say fo3 is crap because while exploration is fine and everything, fo3's issue is that all your interactions with the world are either through shitty combat, shitty dialogue or shitty quests, which means you do a whole lot of exploring but nothing meaningful happens when you explore outside of hearing the very satisfying "ca-ching!" and looking at some pretty vistas

something like stalker does exploration in a much more interesting and immersive way if you want an open world post apoc game. or the souls series. or something like deus ex or gta or whatever

fo3 and the bethesda games are the equivalent of assassins creed for rpgs. they're not much of a real game because they only provide shallow and simplistic mechanics for everything which, despite having a wonderfully realized open world, there's just very little to do that actually means something.

i was between league games so gave a pretty crappy reponse heh

sorry

here goes real response:

both fo3 and new vegas have shitty combat and share the same shitty engine but new vegas actually has real quests and a real story and meaningful builds and stuff. that makes it a real rpg vs fo3's/skyrim's first person walking and exploring and modding or whatever the hell what bethesda likes to make is called

they're fundamentally different games because of that, even if they're the same game on a surface level

and i like to say fo3 is crap because while exploration is fine and everything, fo3's issue is that all your interactions with the world are either through shitty combat, shitty dialogue or shitty quests, which means you do a whole lot of exploring but nothing meaningful happens when you explore outside of hearing the very satisfying "ca-ching!" and looking at some pretty vistas

something like stalker does exploration in a much more interesting and immersive way if you want an open world post apoc game. or the souls series. or something like deus ex or gta or whatever

fo3 and the bethesda games are the equivalent of assassins creed for rpgs. they're not much of a real game because they only provide shallow and simplistic mechanics for everything which, despite having a wonderfully realized open world, there's just very little to do that actually means something.
v3m8RrS.gif

Zky...he doesn't like Fallout and ESO type of games. Leaf was just stating that he had no desire to play these kinds of games, but he enjoys watching them. He didn't complain or state why X is better than Y.

He has zero interest towards both series. Lets end this discussion here.

zkylon

zkylewd
i need a new game to play, something short

i should move forward with lisa, but that game creeped me out a fair bit, like a bizarro earthbound from hell

v3m8RrS.gif

Zky...he doesn't like Fallout and ESO type of games. Leaf was just stating that he had no desire to play these kinds of games, but he enjoys watching them. He didn't complain or state why X is better than Y.

He has zero interest towards both series. Lets end this discussion here.
i mean, he was throwing new vegas in the same bag as skyrim and fo3, which isn't ideal if you're trying to think what each game is about and why you may like it or not

also it's fine if you like fo3, i love assassins creed because i love walking around in like cool cities despite its crap combat and crap story and crap everything lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom