• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August 2015 - Three versions of Windows since the last Half-Life

Status
Not open for further replies.
You're in luck. Open up the command prompt as an admin then type:

slmgr.vbs /dlv

It will show the licensing status of your Windows.

You could also type:

slmgr.vbs /dlv al

Which will show you your activation ID.

Thanks. I was thinking maybe its like that because I login with the same Windows ID that I registered 8.1 with, so thats why it might be like that.

Btw. do you know if I can autologin somehow?

01800046D8061A9ECBD21CEA5CDC2048CB41C10D

(CS: GO)

I don't understand Steam's 'artwork' community stuff.

Thanks. I was thinking maybe its like that because I login with the same Windows ID that I registered 8.1 with, so thats why it might be like that.

Btw. do you know if I can autologin somehow?

Yes.

Method 1 to automatically logon without password

This is the easiest way automatically login to Windows 10 without entering the password.

Step 1: First step is to open Run command box by simultaneously pressing Windows logo and R keys (Windows+R). In the Run dialog box, type Netplwiz and then press Enter key.

Step 2: In the resulting User Accounts dialog, select your user account first and then uncheck the option labelled Users must enter a user name and password to use this computer. Click Apply button to see Automatically sign in box.

Step 3: In the Automatically sign in dialog, type your password and then re-enter the password to confirm the same.

Finally, click OK button.

Source just in case someone finds it useful: http://www.intowindows.com/how-to-automatically-login-in-windows-10/

Phinor

Arthea

how I can play Sakura in 5K on my four monitors, I was told it is the right place to ask

jeez, how we got so low in community standings
is it possible to fall even lower?

Chariot

how I can play Sakura in 5K on my four monitors, I was told it is the right place to ask

I told you guys. I told you guys time and time again, but you continued to pursuit the Shitkura games and now everybody has this mental image. I tried to protect you from yourselves, but you ran right into the truck of fate on the road of destiny and had no fortune insurance. It's time to relent. Clean your muddy souls by buying Fairy Fencer F tomorrow and actually play it. Embrace our lord and saviour good anime games and don't be led astray by the legion of dumbfuckery. The 40 days became 40 years, 40 years becane a lifetime. Resist the devil and believe in real anime!

Ouch, "Other Consoles"!

What are those "other consoles" anyway?

Oh, I know where this is coming from. :D
Destiny-GAF: People posting "I've got two spots left in the party, join up!" nine times out of ten.
Dota-GAF: People desperately trying to snatch their souls away from the game, but failing.
League of Legends-GAF: These guys also talk about Dota.
Halo-GAF: A group of gamers who talk about the upcoming games in the franchise and are completely unaware of how much shit the other GAF communities talk about them.
Steam-GAF: People asking about how to get 5K resolution on their four monitors for Sakura Spirit.
Smash-GAF: Reasonable and measured discussion based on logical theories and evidence.
Giant Bomb-GAF: These users have evolved beyond video games and now discuss about people discussing about video games sometimes.
TF2-GAF: Small in size, biggest in quality minus Clivefrog

Arthea

I told you guys. I told you guys time and time again, but you continued to pursuit the Shitkura games and now everybody has this mental image. I tried to protect you from yourselves, but you ran right into the truck of fate on the road of destiny and had no fortune insurance. It's time to relent. Clean your muddy souls by buying Fairy Fencer F tomorrow and actually play it. Embrace our lord and saviour good anime games and don't be led astray by the legion of dumbfuckery. The 40 days became 40 years, 40 years becane a lifetime. Resist the devil and believe in real anime!

you started all Sakura thingie! just reminding
if not you somebody else would have, I don't hold you accountable.... or do I?

I have FFF dilemma of sorts, I'll be very busy this week, not sure I should buy it at all, considering I won't be playing right away, otoh, maybe I need to find time for it regardless, busy or no busy. What to do, what to do.

titch

You have the option to revert to your former OS in a month. So I'll say give it a shot, and if you dislike it then go back.

Personally, i have nothing but praise for it right now. It hasn't caused any issues for me as yet and neither has it disrupted my usual activities. Just make sure to disable the bandwidth allocation thing and the ad tracking.

just do it

It's not like your computer will blow up or anything.

(dont blame me if it does)

Oh i am defo going to do it - its just a matter of when.....

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
If I buy a UK copy will its CD key still work on my US Steam account?

Yes.

Is there a chance my computer's optical drive won't read the DVDs?

Only if it's a bajilllion years old and doesn't support dual-layer discs.

Edit: The AUD sucks so hard right now. USD$50 for the Ashes of the Singularity alpha became AUD$70.80.

Arthea

or a lot of games were removed from the steam store, or steam is having some problems lately. Which is it, I wonder.

MaxiLive

Well I lost my whole weekend to Skyforge X.x

Seems like a great game so far with interesting combat and areas but I can already see the massive grind ahead of me but so far the gameplay and the continual new content is enough to keep me hooked. I'm sure by next weekend the rinse and repeat of certain areas will kill my interest.

Some of the classes are super interesting to play and the combat has been rather varied thus far! I really do hope the grind doesn't become too unbearably or the higher tiered stuff is interesting as I really want a new MP game to play. LoL is becoming too much a pita to play :p

Arthea

I just read a speculative post that arrival of win10 can delay Trails SC even further... and it is a plausible concern.
Anybody tried Trails FC on win10 btw? Does it run?

The_Super_Inframan

"the journey to a thousand games ends with bad rats. ~Lao Tzu" ~Gabe Newell
safe_image.php

Just watched a video about this Mini Virtual Pinball table and now I'm really tempted to get one. It uses a low-latency monitor for the screen and runs on Windows. It comes with Pinball FX2, Pinball Arcade, Ikaruga, Procyon, and MAME and can use your existing Steam account. Also comes with $150 Steam credit. Unfortunately it costs $2,500. :(

This would be sooo perfect for my pinball and vertical shmup needs, I want one really, really bad...

I need to find myself a rich Waifu...

Or I could start saving money... but thats just not going to happen :p

:'(

Arthea

I think every app that was mistakenly yanked has been returned to the store.
does Infestation show for you in steam search results, for example?

GOG says it works on 10. I haven't tried it.

It would be nice that somebody tried it on steam, to be sure that it works. (I haven't switched to 10 yet, waiting almost full year until they iron some of the worst bugs and compatibility problems)

PARANO1A

Left over Wii U sales I imagine.

I know and I imagine it's only going to get worse. Kind of want AUD on steam now though I suspect it will forever get linked to a really low value and still include the australia tax.
I'd expect the AUD to start recovering in September or so based on US fiscal policy corrections that are expected.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom