• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August 2015 - Three versions of Windows since the last Half-Life

Status
Not open for further replies.
The New Order is awesome, one little issue i got with it though is the big armored guys, they just eat them bullets man, its so annoying. Chapter 13 spoilers:
Now I'm in space now!? thats awesome, even got laser guns and shit too

No, that's not the thing.
I prefer playing at my monitor these days, instead of the HDTV.

So I installed DOTA 2, bought an in-game item, and then I deleted the game but it doesn't stay in my library?

Well, since your statement said you wanted to "compete with salsa", the logical conclusion would be that you thought you had to buy it on PC to play against your Steam friends.

FloatOn

What's the cut for a slice of the 4-pack -- I might want a copy if you have a spare.

fine I'll hook you up too. but this is the last copy I'm giving out to gaf. PM your steam name and I'll send you a copy later when I make my purchase.

I do have an irl friend that I want to play this with as well.

Backlogger

That humble weekly bundle is too confusing for me to want to buy it. A mix of Steam and Ubi keys? No thanks. Just give me all Steam or all Ubi plz.

Pachimari

So I just reinstalled Dota 2 again, and seeing as I have bought an in-game item already, how do I delete the game, without it disappearing from my library?

Probably already been posted, but Steam Spy posted an interesting article today on Steam demographics.

Some interesting notes.

Top 1% of Steam owners own a little over one hundred games each.
Top 20% of users own 90% of games on Steam.
Dota 2 users are essentially useless to the rest of the store.
https://medium.com/steam-spy/your-target-audience-doesn-t-exist-999b78aa77ae

i know people who go to my college that have steam and all they play is dota 2, they literally own no game on steam, just dota and they got like 300+ hrs depending on the person. i got one who has like 700 hours or something. It amazes me anyone can play 1 game that much, i envy them in a way, they can save money cause dota is all they need :p

Dsyndrome

Started playing Fallout New Vegas again after a long hiatus. Holy shit why did I ever stop playing? This game is so much fun.

i know people who go to my college that have steam and all they play is dota 2, they literally own no game on steam, just dota and they got like 300+ hrs depending on the person. i got one who has like 700 hours or something. It amazes me anyone can play 1 game that much, i envy them in a way, they can save money cause dota is all they need :p

This quote from the Dota 2 OT says it all:

i finally made it to 3000 hours. Can i stop playing now?

congrats you just finished the tutorial

Finally finished Dishonored: The Brigmore Witches, concluding my multi-year play through of Dishonored and all it's DLC. I really liked the DLC, it's as good if not better than the The Knife of Dunwall, which I liked a lot also. They did a good job explaining Daud's motives and really put his character in a different light and ties into the main game really well.

Nzyme32

Probably already been posted, but Steam Spy posted an interesting article today on Steam demographics.

Some interesting notes.

Are you sure?

It is actually 20% of Steam gamers own 88% of games.

While that may not seem like an important distinction, the expectation is that generally 20% should have 80% of total items in that system - which isn't too far away from expectations but still a pretty important difference. That is more of a statement about how PC gaming is differing to other mediums right now than anything else

FloatOn

Finally finished Dishonored: The Brigmore Witches, concluding my multi-year play through of Dishonored and all it's DLC. I really liked the DLC, it's as good if not better than the The Knife of Dunwall, which I liked a lot also. They did a good job explaining Daud's motives and really put his character in a different light and ties into the main game really well.

agreed. I hardly take the time to do dlc but I did for dishonored and I'm glad I did.

dishonored 2 can't come soon enough.

Annubis

STEAM | September 2015 - We are the 1%

300? 700?
I don't think you understand how much time people can sink in MOBA.
I'm not even the biggest MOBA player and I have 1000 hours of LoL.
I imagine Zkylon has at least double that.

agreed. I hardly take the time to do dlc but I did for dishonored and I'm glad I did.

dishonored 2 can't come soon enough.

Yeah I can't wait for Dishonored 2, after playing the DLC it just reaffirmed how much I love the movement, abilities and combat in Dishonored, it's just so well done and feels great to play.

STEAM | September 2015 - We are the 1%

300? 700?
I don't think you understand how much time people can sink in MOBA.
I'm not even the biggest MOBA player and I have 1000 hours of LoL.
I imagine Zkylon has at least double that.

i know that but I just mean people that i actually know in real life, one of them brings his laptop to class just to play during the lecture, it cracks me up. I'm sure they'd play more if they could (hell they are as we speak) but we get so much homework that its hard to find the time to play

broke down and picked up MGSV for $35. I just didn't want it spoiled for me. I'm weak.
Ok, bought MGSV off Bernardo.

Can't wait to fulton everything.
Y'all weak people! WEAK!

I'm jealous.

Some interesting notes.

I am the 99 1%
Dan Bull is just awesome:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wrkRliHHjFk

Just Master Race things... you console peasants have facts to face, you can't compare to that Master Race...
LOL Is actually very high-quality production. Dude is professional.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe

d83.png

Maniac

Banned
So I just reinstalled Dota 2 again, and seeing as I have bought an in-game item already, how do I delete the game, without it disappearing from my library?

It's still listed as 'owned', but for some reason it disappears from your actual library when uninstalled, so you have to install it from the store. :|

Save money? Brother I know people who have spent thousands on Dota 2.

Dota 2 is very different from most other F2P games though, in that a huge amount of people buy a reasonable amount of microtransactions, instead of the game relying solely on whales.

I may or may not be a whale since I've probably spent somewhere in the range of $300 on the game throughout the years.

Anyway, 700 hours isn't necessarily that much either. At that point you're simply above average at the game, and not necessarily any good. I've 1642 hours clocked (atleast 200 of those spent watching tournaments, mind you) and I'm somewhere above 4000 MMR, which puts me in the top 5% (last time I checked the stats, I haven't in a while, mind.) yet... I'm not exactly great at the game. I'm probably outright "good", but not great or anything.

Dota is a weird beast.

Edit: Yeah, two of the guys I usually play with have over 2800 hours played, one is about a dozen away from 4900 hours and another Steam friend of mine is at a sky-high 12585 hours. Although to be fair, he lives off of making dota cosmetics, so I'd imagine half those hours are ones spent on that.

S1n1st3r

Banned
I believe those stats.

My brother and his group of half a dozen college buddies discovered and started playing dota1 around a decade ago in college.

They have among them on average 5000 hours played. With the more prolific ones in the 7-8000 hour range. They literally play nothing else.

Just hang out online after work and chat while playing dota. Its a lifestyle, I tells ya.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom