• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August 2016 - No Man's Sky will leave Mankind Divided

Status
Not open for further replies.
one more lvl till 20 my friends.... my sweet chocobo. you're so close yet so far. i shall share my chocobo with you all once i have him. on another note i got this adorable little cat that follows me around now. he doesn't do much tho, in fact he doesn't do anything.
195274398C1B753C601DBB079856D63DF35DC888

Jawmuncher

Did Far Cry Primal actually do well? I haven't really noticed any significant buzz surrounding it

I recall across all platforms it sold over a million. Though that might be low end when you take in the sales of 3 and 4.
Them not making the Far Cry game with dinosaurs like everyone wanted bit them in the ass.

Is Tao Pai Pai's flying log worth preordering DBXV2 over? Yes.... yes, it is.

Fly in style.
tumblr_ml28j2DsRn1qzmfgzo1_400.gif

one more lvl till 20 my friends.... my sweet chocobo. you're so close yet so far. i shall share my chocobo with you all once i have him. on another note i got this adorable little cat that follows me around now. he doesn't do much tho, in fact he doesn't do anything.

tumblr_ncq5umwEbV1qe8hc0o1_500.gif

?

Fat Chocobos are pretty much the best mount of all time, imo. Excepting the above flying log, for all things aerial.

fenners

Well, that's a first. I go to redeem "Savage Lands" after buying the latest Humble Bundle for a $1, and after I click the 'get key' button:

"Keys are temporarily exhausted for this product"

Hmmm.

Annubis

Single-player
Multi-player
Online Multi-Player
MMO
Co-op
Online Co-op
Steam Achievements
Full controller support
Steam Cloud
Steam Leaderboards

Here's the question, what games have more categories than Xenoverse 2?
Or the real question, which game has the most?

Well, that's a first. I go to redeem "Savage Lands" after buying the latest Humble Bundle for a $1, and after I click the 'get key' button:

"Keys are temporarily exhausted for this product"

Hmmm.

It is late, so just let the keys get some rest and they should work in the morning.

Anteater

i'm not surprised you chose a cat dude

Hi all. I'm sorry if this is a stupid question, but I can't get my copy of Resident Evil 5 to start at all. Is this a stupid GFLW thing? Is there a way around it?

Ludens

Banned
ModBot said:
Instructions for Ludens:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Ludens, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Forge of Gods: Winter's Gasp Pack -- MB-1ED71DD8C3B4C966 - Taken by spacellama

It adds the game to your library so +1.

Also Konami will have a booth in Gamescom, I think MGS3 Remake is a pretty sure thing at this point.
https://www.reddit.com/r/metalgearsolid/comments/4xukx9/kjpdev_gamescom/

Let's see about Definitive EX.

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
Hi all. I'm sorry if this is a stupid question, but I can't get my copy of Resident Evil 5 to start at all. Is this a stupid GFLW thing? Is there a way around it?

It's either a graphical issue (which I doubt as long as you are recent with your drivers as of least sometime 2015) or yeah, GFWL. You can find an installer for GFWL to put on your computer (don't need to run it) or you can try one of the patches that has worked for some people like this one

Ozium

It adds the game to your library so +1.

Also Konami will have a booth in Gamescom, I think MGS3 Remake is a pretty sure thing at this point.

eh? pachislots arent that popular in america

unless they are making a mgs3 themed slot machine for the west, I doubt MGS3 will be there in any form

Metal Gear Solid VI: The Trading Card Experience.

Believe.
Here's the question, what games have more categories than Xenoverse 2?
Or the real question, which game has the most?

No idea how to figure it out, but I imagine some genre-mixing VR game with both multiplayer and singleplayer would top the list.

Jawmuncher

eh? pachislots arent that popular in america

unless they are making a mgs3 themed slot machine for the west, I doubt MGS3 will be there in any form

The rumor is that the pachislot is using MGS3 remake cutscenes and such. Apparently it's a project for the team to get the new teams feet wet before a new game. Since MGS3 is the only MG game that easily can be translated to use MGSV style controls .

We'll see though, them having a booth means they got something to show.

Ludens

Banned
The rumor is that the pachislot is using MGS3 remake cutscenes and such. Apparently it's a project for the team to get the new teams feet wet before a new game. Since MGS3 is the only MG game that easily can be translated to use MGSV style controls .

Yeah, this is the reason I believe MGS3R is a thing. I mean, those cutscenes are TOO well made, they are 1:1, ok having cutscenes when you play the pachislot, but why remaking them in such a way? You can't bring too much attention to cutscenes when you play a pachinko, you are flipped out hoping to do easy money.

ModBot said:
Instructions for Ludens:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Ludens, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Lovely Planet -- MB-0BE58CFFEE81983C - Taken by Nomadic Sparks

It's either a graphical issue (which I doubt as long as you are recent with your drivers as of least sometime 2015) or yeah, GFWL. You can find an installer for GFWL to put on your computer (don't need to run it) or you can try one of the patches that has worked for some people like this one

The patch totally worked. Thanks a million!

i'm not surprised you chose a cat dude

i wanted to play as the dragon guy but you need to buy the expansion, they can fuck off with that bs. after like lvl12 i kinda regretted my option and wish i went with an elf instead. oh well tho, i ain't restarting my character.

Ludens

Banned
ModBot said:
Instructions for Ludens:

ModBot Basics:

Nyctophobia -- MB-03AAA83B7C17CAD2 - Taken by spacellama

For Frodo.

Anteater

i wanted to play as the dragon guy but you need to buy the expansion, they can fuck off with that bs. after like lvl12 i kinda regretted my option and wish i went with an elf instead. oh well tho, i ain't restarting my character.

wow didn't know they added a race exclusively for an expansion

shintoki

sparkle this bitch

Is that FFXIV?

I want fat Choco too now.

Jawmuncher

Yeah, this is the reason I believe MGS3R is a thing. I mean, those cutscenes are TOO well made, they are 1:1, ok having cutscenes when you play the pachislot, but why remaking them in such a way? You can't bring too much attention to cutscenes when you play a pachinko, you are flipped out hoping to do easy money.

It makes sense. Remasters with new coat of paint are still going to be cheaper than making a new game. Plus it saves them from having to do mocap work . They also own a the mgs audio. So hayter would be back since they just gotta give him his credit and nothing more.

Grief.exe

I'm down for MGS3 Remake, that game was made for the Fox Engine.

mp1990

Banned
Man, I'd be down for a MGS3 remake any day (even though I still think the original game hasn't aged a bit), but you guys must be crazy if you really think it's happening and that they're announcing it in a month. Evidence and all, I'll only believe when I lay my eyes on it.

On a different note, for some reason Song Of The Deep is oddly expensive in my region. Here, it costs 100 BRL, which would be around $35, where in NA it costs $20. Even stranger is that, back when it was available at pre order, I remember the price being something like 36 BRL, which is the standard price for these kind of games, but all of sudden it was swapped to the more expensive pricetag. I wonder why the change.

Ludens

Banned
ModBot said:
Instructions for Ludens:

ModBot Basics:

Shiplord -- MB-3405BE108A242F42 - Taken by Nomadic Sparks

It comes with cards.

I'm now level 21. Now you're probably going "oh cool, you happy with your chocobo?" I'm 14 quests away from it... i thought at most it would be 5... I'm disappointed.

Yeah, the problem with early FFXIV is that if you're doing all of the side quests available you'll be overleveling the story quest pretty quick. It's going to balance by itself a bit later though, so don't worry. There'll be also other things to do to gain exp beside questing later on.

Servizio

I don't really need a tag, but I figured I'd get one to make people jealous. Is it working?
Played through The Fall again to get one last achievement. It's still pretty great. I look forward to the day our self driving cars struggle with similar issues of self determination. I'm also pretty excited to see where it goes when part two comes out next year.

Pixieking

Banned
Is the Mushihimesama on the Wingamestore site the same as Mushihimesama Futari? I know there's also a Black Label version of the game. That Wingamestore site looks a little sketch, though.

Can't answer your question about Mushihimesama, but I can tell you Wingamestore are legit - bought a fair number of games from there recently (including Stellaris, HoI IV and Sword City) and had no issues. They run a cashback/points scheme, too - every 100 points gets you $5 to spend, so both Epistory and Pony Island cost me just $2.

Knurek

Is the Mushihimesama on the Wingamestore site the same as Mushihimesama Futari? I know there's also a Black Label version of the game. That Wingamestore site looks a little sketch, though.

WinGameStore (and MacGameStore) are legit.
Mushihimesama is the first game, Mushihimesama Futari is the sequel. Sequel has not yet been ported to PC.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom