• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August 2016 - No Man's Sky will leave Mankind Divided

Status
Not open for further replies.

MUnited83

For you.
3.60 PS Vitas are getting PC remote play \o/

https://github.com/xyzz/vita-moonlight/releases/tag/vita-alpha

yrquE6f.jpg

Vlad

No Time To Explain is such a bullshit game.

In what way? I thought it wasn't bad for what it was. Sure, you couldn't call it a "serious" platformer like Super Meat Boy or Dustforce, but it still had a lot of varied mechanics and stayed pretty interesting the whole way through.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of SunDimension24, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 18 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Gods Will Be Watching -- MB-E23B50B316DCA3FC - Taken by ThirtyFour. 8 entrants total.
Life Is Strange: Episode 1 -- MB-8AE627A611697274 - Taken by outunderthestars. 2 entrants total.
t1cxE6r.gif
GRID 2 -- MB-80032D1410A1EB74 - Taken by Madridista. 2 entrants total.
Grim Fandango Remastered -- MB-976ABD5CDBE1C18F - Taken by Large Professor. 12 entrants total.
The King of Fighters 2002 Unlimited Match -- MB-8100978F2FA76AEE - Taken by salazar547. 4 entrants total.
Killer is Dead - Nightmare Edition -- MB-71399363727BD2A7 - Taken by GaussTek. 18 entrants total.
The King of Fighters '98 Ultimate Match -- MB-E5874AC3E8F80240 - Taken by dot. 2 entrants total.
t1cxE6r.gif
Murdered: Soul Suspect -- MB-C21556703A370164 - Taken by PAUonePUNCH. 3 entrants total.
A Virus Named TOM -- MB-7DEDD0A356435C12 - Taken by neonglow. 2 entrants total.
Resident Evil Revelations 2: Episode 1 -- MB-80032D1410A1EB74 - Taken by Madridista. 2 entrants total.
Galak-Z -- MB-EF281FAADE3703EE - Taken by Eila. 34 entrants total.
Bastion -- MB-ABB339E4E40C2F98 - Taken by kagamin. 2 entrants total.
GRID -- MB-5E23578AFDE9C00E - Taken by PLASTICA-MAN. 1 entrants total.
t1cxE6r.gif
South Park: The Stick of Truth -- MB-B567B43FA52A9CBD - Taken by someguyinahat. 22 entrants total.
LIMBO -- MB-DF1762E688FD0676
Shadowrun: Dragonfall Director's Cut -- MB-1EB85443F39BE466 - Taken by electroflame. 3 entrants total.
The Last Remnant -- MB-9E25A676706233F2 - Taken by Lashley. 2 entrants total.
SpeedRunners -- MB-CDB5FD66A28D5D7C - Taken by spindoctor. 3 entrants total.

By the way, there were some errors processing your keys...

Note: The key you added for Resident Evil Revelations 2: Episode 1 was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.

t1471290067z1.png

Jawmuncher

I know it will never happen, but would be great if Valve could get together with console developers to create in home streaming only apps for Xbox One, PS4, Vita, etc.

Would be amazing.

Heck, Xbox is becoming a Windows machine so might as well let us install Steam games as well.

Remember when valve worked with sony for all of one game? I can't think of any other game company that starts and stops projects like valve does.

Ludens

Banned
Remember when valve worked with sony for all of one game? I can't think of any other game company that starts and stops projects like valve does.

There was even CSGO...never released in Europe.
It was like "you'll get it in the next week", but it never came.

Pixieking

Banned
Which reminds me... Late(ish?) last month there was talk on the Steam thread of a game kinda like The Talos Principle. I can't find the post now, though - would it have been The Turing Test, or is there some other Talos-esque game lately?

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
In what way? I thought it wasn't bad for what it was. Sure, you couldn't call it a "serious" platformer like Super Meat Boy or Dustforce, but it still had a lot of varied mechanics and stayed pretty interesting the whole way through.
I just hated the controls a lot, especially using the gun to platform. It made collecting hats a lot harder than it needed to be in some cases. The boss battles were a pain in the butt too. But I agree, it did have a nice variety.

rtcn63

I was watching GI's archived live stream of NMS and Dan... was really not liking it. The color commentary was entertaining, but I actually fell asleep about an hour in. The game looks like something I'd want to play but lose total interest in after a few hours. (Dan doesn't like Hey Arnold either, which does make me question his judgment on things)

Wok

At this point, NMS is going to be a procedural algorithm to generate threads on GAF. Edit: Do not jump on your horses, it is kind of clickbait.

nAuBxDc.png

I found this thanks to lash.

Platy

I said I wasn't gonna buy anymore games, but it's cheap and looks awesome and might hold me over until Deus Ex in combination with Transformers.

Decisions. I got $13 in my account and I mostly planned to just use it on Dead Rising.

Maaaan Odallus is super tempting

Do it ! Odallus is awesome !

I'm guessing the devs didn't know what haggis is? Definitely not something I'd name a fearsome warrior.

It is a brazilian game so there is a good chance they didn't know ... or MAYBE THAT IS WHY YOU HAVE TO PROVE YOURSELF TO BE A FEARSOME WARRIOR BY BEATING THIS GAME ?

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member
Dont forget the good coffee! There is more of that in the game too

That game is the most Twin Peaks-y possible. There are so many exact references in that game, you can tell Swery was really looking for the good stuff.

Do it ! Odallus is awesome !

It is a brazilian game so there is a good chance they didn't know ... or MAYBE THAT IS WHY YOU HAVE TO PROVE YOURSELF TO BE A FEARSOME WARRIOR BY BEATING THIS GAME ?

Any idea how long it is more or less? I beat Slain at around 4 hours, and I think that's just about the perfect length for this kind of game.

MUnited83

For you.
It's truly mindboggling that they haven't put a single Ace Attorney game on Steam. With many of the games already having a PC port, and with recent games getting even mobile releases, you'd think it would be a given.

mp1990

Banned
Hey, don't mess with Gyakuten Kenji 2, that's a gem of a game. :p

Oh yeah, I keep forgetting that I2 exists, still need to play it someday. Even so, if Capcom can't be arsed to bring the series to PC, I doubt even more they'll ever officially translate Investigations 2.

http://www.usgamer.net/articles/on-...in-session-for-ace-attorney-spirit-of-justice
wbacon, it was surprising in 2015. It's downright insane in 2016!
#MakeSteamWrightAgain

It's truly mindboggling that they haven't put a single Ace Attorney game on Steam. With many of the games already having a PC port, and with recent games getting even mobile releases, you'd think it would be a given.

It is FUCKIN INSANE. Danganronpa 1 sold over 60k. Danganronpa 2 over 40k. Both of them at 30 dollars. Can you imagine how Ace Attorney HD Trilogy would perform on Steam if it was priced the same as iOS, which means 16 dollars. Heck. They could even sell each episode for 10 dollars and it would be fuckin successfull. PLEASE CAPCOM AND WBACON, YOU'RE SITTING ON THESE EASY PORTS WITH A HIGH REVENUE POTENTIAL !!!
Where's my Ghost Trick ? Where's my Ace Attorney Trilogy, 5 and 6 ? :<

rtcn63

Reading the Ars review, this is basically what I saw during the live stream: http://arstechnica.com/gaming/2016/08/no-mans-sky-review-total-eclipse-of-the-galaxys-heart/

You get so much crafting material but so little inventory to hold it. And you won't really know what you'll need until you need it, so selling crafting materials to free up space becomes a "I should hit up the GAF OT or gamefaqs" first.

And reading those waxy-poetic text memos when discovering cool stuff was borderline cringe.

Like the art style though and I guess there's definite potential to the game. Maybe VR will help.

Nzyme32

https://twitter.com/mikeBithell/status/765230113541808128

So it's a yes, it'll come to PC eventually in other words :p

It's good to also notice that Sony's entire E3 press conference skirted around using the common phrases of "console exclusive" etc, in favour of either nothing or exclusively on PS4. When it eventually becomes clear that this isn't the case for a bunch of things, they will have to start thinking of some other round-about way of saying things

Tizoc

Capcom as a whole doesn't care about Ace Attorney and the small dev team that makes it probably doesn't even now that PCs do anything other than spreadsheets.
Are you talking about the capcom that greenlit a spin off aa game and then oked a 6th mainline game i. The series?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom