• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August 2016 - No Man's Sky will leave Mankind Divided

Status
Not open for further replies.
The 2nd top selling game in japannlast week was a vita game
Dont really get all the vitorol against the vita, its good some good titles to play on if ur looking for gaming on the go, regardless of the alt options

Some people do seem to have a grudge with it lol, kinda weird.

Corpekata

Banned
Most of the slagging off of the Vita is tongue in cheek or making fun of a specific niche audience. I make fun of the lineup all the time but I own one.

The Vita is pretty buried these days unless you really need indie games on the go or you fit into the stereotypical Vita fan club, with a couple exceptions a year like Severed.

wetflame

Pizza Dog
Fully expect this to get lost in the flow of the Steam thread, but I picked up Life is Strange Episode 1 for the low, low price of free when it was on offer the other week and I'm seriously impressed. Great art style, interesting hook, it's definitely got me interested in picking up the season pass. I've only played an hour or so but I'm liking what I've seen so far. Without spoiling anything, am I in for a good time if I pick this up?

mp1990

Banned
I just found out that the LKS version for Vita is a fucking crime against humanity

they went from this

wp04-1024.jpg

to this anime crap

this is a mistake of incommensurable proportions

The 2nd top selling game in japannlast week was a vita game
Dont really get all the vitorol against the vita, its good some good titles to play on if ur looking for gaming on the go, regardless of the alt options

I don't hate the Vita. Still, the fact remains what I said is more or less the truth.

jonno394

just realised that The Turing Test is out this month, so my "don't buy any games this month" may be broken, right at the end though!

Quantum Break on a $375 PC - PC vs Xbox One - Quantum Break Graphics Comparison

I must say, I'm very surprised to see such a budget PC with old tech manage to play one of the most technically advanced exclusives so well. Only downside being textures and streaming not being optimized for "only" 2GB of VRAM.
Pretty crazy to see amidst all the new super powerful PC hardware coming out constantly that an old i5-750 and a 760 still to this day manages to be a very solid and powerful for high-end PC gaming.

I believe they released a patch or two to fix the performance on PC, as well as eliminating the upscaled resolution.

Ascheroth

I just found out that the LKS version for Vita is a fucking crime against humanity

they went from this

to this anime crap

this is a mistake of incommensurable proportions

Someone posted a character comparison between the Wii and Vita version somewhere.

I like anime aesthetics but those characters below look like crap compared to the ones above. Lacks all the charm and looks like someone just randomly threw together whatever without giving a single thought to making it at least appear coherent.

Corpekata

Banned
Someone posted a character comparison between the Wii and Vita version somewhere.

I like anime aesthetics but those characters below look like crap compared to the ones above. Lacks all the charm and looks like someone just randomly threw together whatever without giving a single thought to making it at least appear coherent.

Wow.

That is just insultingly pandering. Hilariously shameless.

Jawmuncher

I prefer the anime look. I'm more easy on that style even if it's more generic than I am a cartoon aesthetic. Since with those I'm very picky.

Fully expect this to get lost in the flow of the Steam thread, but I picked up Life is Strange Episode 1 for the low, low price of free when it was on offer the other week and I'm seriously impressed. Great art style, interesting hook, it's definitely got me interested in picking up the season pass. I've only played an hour or so but I'm liking what I've seen so far. Without spoiling anything, am I in for a good time if I pick this up?

You are most definitely in for a good time. LiS is my favorite game from last year and is for the most part very well regarded here.

mp1990

Banned

I agree wholeheartedly. Anime aesthetic is fine but that looks dull and lifeless, whereas the original one oozes charm. Maybe it's because I have a soft spot for Nintendo-like aesthetics (not sure how to put it lol), but I don't even see how the two are comparable.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
I want Song of the Deep, but it lost to Headlander, Batman and Abzu. I can only justify buying so many games in that time frame. I'll definitely pick it up on first sale though.

Tizoc

Fixed.
As a huge Yakuza fan....unless they can get that done in 1 year's time for each game, what is available is fine, just port or remaster them ala Yakuza 1+2 HD.

I don't hate the Vita. Still, the fact remains what I said is more or less the truth.

Only if you admit that the Wii U is dead too @_@
The Vita sells well in Asia, although I guess for Yanks, what goes on in Asia game wise doesn't amount to anything nowadays :V

I need them on PC though.

Hey SEGA US and EU are with you on that, but the final word gotta come from SEGA of Japan and Nagoshi.

Yes, you should.

Parsnip

You are in for a good time.
Ending is a bit divisive.

I want Song of the Deep, but it lost to Headlander, Batman and Abzu. I can only justify buying so many games in that time frame. I'll definitely pick it up on first sale though.
Oh right, Abzu is coming out too.
Damn it.

Nzyme32

x1H3J6w.jpg

This is a great example of a problem I have with the anime aesthetic. I have reached the point where I (most likely unfairly) can't avoid pre-judging a game that uses the most generic clichéd trope ridden "anime" styling, jumping to the conclusion that the game will be utterly shit with vapid characters and abysmal plot / dialogue / over sexualised waifu bait etc. I am certain this is a terrible way to look at such a style and game, yet it has become unavoidable due to the sheer pervasiveness of it.

Meanwhile, the original Wii style, avoids all that with a style that has some originality / personality behind it even though it retains those same tropes, giving me the slightest hope that there will be more to it and similar personality to the game - and indeed from what I am told this is the case. Valkyrie Chronicles is another game where I had to be pushed into it to see past the styling and my assumptions (which actually hold a bit true in the whole story aspect) but the gameplay certainly challenged me to not judge the games taking that aesthetic so harshly, even though I find the stereotype to be true the majority of the time.

Really looking forward to trying out LKS

Sarcasm

Not much of an anime person (won't mind watching FYI so not hating I just don't follow) and I like the bottom one.

Parsnip

STEINS;GATE steamdb entry was updated today after over a month of zero activity.
Considering the iOS version announcement, I have to wonder if the Steam version is almost ready to go as well.

wetflame

Pizza Dog
You are most definitely in for a good time. LiS is my favorite game from last year and is for the most part very well regarded here.

Yes, you should.

You are in for a good time.
Ending is a bit divisive.

Thanks, glad to hear it. I've heard about the ending being an issue for some people. I'll just have to see what happens when I get there. Great move to have the first episode for free as a demo, would never have tried it otherwise, despite hearing about it a bit on GAF.

Nzyme32

STEINS;GATE steamdb entry was updated today after over a month of zero activity.
Considering the iOS version announcement, I have to wonder if the Steam version is almost ready to go as well.

Yeah that appears to be the case. Probably something will happen this month.

I thought No Man's Sky will be released this month.

It is, but there is no info about the PC version. Even the supposed delay of the PC version that everyone seems to have confirmed including the official site, hasn't actually been directly communicated to Steam / GoG users that have preordered. I would be highly sceptical of the game till people actually try it

Wok

So you prefer paying full price for a Tell Tale Game than for an Insomniac game which is the first studio release on PC? Edit: Okay, there is a bull game.

Plus we might actually just play Batman on Twitch, right?

Hektor

So you prefer paying full price for a Tell Tale Game than for an Insomniac game which is the first studio release on PC?

Id rather have sunset overdrive or ratchet and clank. Haven't played the former yet, but the latter was pure joy to play.

Going from a 3" to a 5" phone screen is quite a difference.
That DS emulator for android someone made a thread about on gaming side seems to work surprisingly well, had no idea.

Isn't that up to Sega, aren't Atlus just stepping in as the publisher for the PS4 version in the US region?

Either Atlus USA or SEGA. In any case, it seems that they want to insist on the PS4 exclusive line.
Anyway, SEGA should unveil their next port in 2 months.

Nzyme32

So you prefer paying full price for a Tell Tale Game than for an Insomniac game which is the first studio release on PC? Edit: Okay, there is a bull game.

Slow Down Bull was actually their first Steam release.

I did not know that. Technically, I am wrong, sure.

But come on, it is a 2 € game which I would have bet was a mobile port. I am flabbergasted that this game was their first Steam release! Edit: I am not the only one actually.

I mean, on top of that, are we not also forgetting insomniac have already made games for PC via Oculus Store. I think there are two or three already there

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom