• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August 2016 - No Man's Sky will leave Mankind Divided

Status
Not open for further replies.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
Really happy to see Little King getting ported and the fact it's looking good is even better.
Tempted for Adam Jensen the sequel.

Backlogger

Meanwhile over in Gaming

70djr2V.png

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
aww man we need more games that take place in Rome

There's AssCreed Brotherhood. ;)

On a vaguely related note, I managed 323 minutes of The Witcher 3 today and exited the game of my own volition, which is about an hour longer than yesterday's abruptly-concluded session. I'm not going to declare success just yet, but things are looking up.

Anteater

There's AssCreed Brotherhood. ;)

On a vaguely related note, I managed 323 minutes of The Witcher 3 today and exited the game of my own volition, which is about an hour longer than yesterday's abruptly-concluded session. I'm not going to declare success just yet, but things are looking up.

oo not a fan of ass creed but maybe i'll get that, isn't it one of the few ass creeds that run amazingly too

It is, but there is no info about the PC version. Even the supposed delay of the PC version that everyone seems to have confirmed including the official site, hasn't actually been directly communicated to Steam / GoG users that have preordered. I would be highly sceptical of the game till people actually try it

I wonder how fast some people will finish it regardless of how many planets there are in the game.

Nzyme32

Can't wait for Deus Ex

all the gameplay videos got me hyped

I'm avoiding most of the videos in case they spoil a bit too much. Hoping the story side of things is more divergent / flexible like the OG Deus Ex, as well as looking at more philosophical stuff like back then. One of the things I hated in HR was the crap way in which they put out exposition. It was so horrendously flat and unnatural to the way a conversation between two or more people who already know each other might discuss anything. That and the crap AI / gunplay, and the lack of diversity in option for narrative / gameplay etc are what I hope changes most.

Still love the OG Deus Ex for being able to decide who you want to side with and doing what you want to swing things in a direction / avoid confrontations / kill main characters because you feel like it. I want more of that kind of thing than something too simple like a single button click choice. Also I've mentioned before, but I really want DX MK to introduce an "ironman mode" that is on by default, so that people have to stick to decisions they make rather than save scum out once it doesn't do what they want.

Also really looking forward to the Breach mode thing. Fun concept, but importantly it has music from 0edit, who did an awesome job of the HL2 mod NeoTokyo, but then seemed to be pretty quiet.
I wonder how fast some people will finish it regardless of how many planets there are in the game.

I read that some guy got it early and thinks he found an exploit that lets him get to the centre of the universe in around 13hrs playtime. Either that or he thinks it is poor design on Hello Games' part. Yet more reasons to wait and see what happens with the game

gabbo

This is the Police:
A story driven, management simulator, This is the Police sees you take the role of a classic, gritty police chief, 180 days away from retirement, who just wants some peace and quiet and a nice stack of bills. But the city, the mafia and the mayor won't let that happen without a fight. You'll have to investigate crimes, try and combat the mafia's maneuverings, answer questions at a press conference, hire and fire your police officers and somehow try to put $500,000 away for your retirement.

This looks fantastic

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of Diancecht, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 6 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Diancecht, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

t1cxE6r.gif
Spec Ops: The Line -- MB-EFCE643CC78728B3 - Taken by Lashley. 5 entrants total.
Duke Nukem Forever -- MB-D42DAA0A13F09223 - Taken by Saty. 3 entrants total.
Mafia II Director's Cut -- MB-2C6BC2AD15702A57 - Taken by bobnowhere. 17 entrants total.
t1cxE6r.gif
The Darkness II -- MB-CF154DE23736A319 - Taken by Adnor. 1 entrants total.
t1cxE6r.gif
Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel -- MB-6DA78CBC0953A17E - Taken by derExperte. 55 entrants total.
The Bureau: XCOM Declassified -- MB-339B0DFC53C37387 - Taken by Sarcasm. 7 entrants total.

t1470111576z1.png

Nzyme32

I bought a GTX 1060 last week and the game I've played the most with it is Fallout Shelter, a mobile game port.

the 1060 is a beast

ryse_2016_08_02_00_39u7l7q.jpg

Haha, I bought one and I'm fairly sure I'll be spending the brunt of my first days with it going through Pillars of Eternity and Planescape Torment as well as OG Deus Ex (and of course the new hotness Deus Ex MK which will actually push the bastard)

Pixieking

Banned
Chime Sharp 24 hour raffle. (Assuming I've done this right. :D ) Whoever wins, please review it (good or bad) on the Steam store. I'm currently traveling, but will post my own review when I get back to Jordan next week.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Pixieking, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Chime Sharp -- MB-EC76D9D789685023 - Taken by Ventara. 28 entrants total.
gamesthatneedmorelove

t1470157558z1.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom