• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August 2016 - No Man's Sky will leave Mankind Divided

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ludens

Banned
So I think I almost cleaned up my PS1 backlog, those are remaining titles:
-Suikoden 1 (currently playing it)
-Suikoden 2
-Grandia (I did this up to the final boss, but I couldn't defeat him when I was a kid)
-Clock Tower 2 (or 1, it depends if you count the SNES game)
-Chrono Cross
-Xenogears

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
So, what's missing from the leaks? I can only remember, Steins;Gate, but I guess there are still a few more?

The jury's still out on what exactly Journey is. We live in a time where Helldivers and EGTTR are on Steam, so it could very well be Sony's Journey.

Meanwhile over in Gaming

70djr2V.png

The thirst to catch them all is real.

GaussTek

The jury's still out on what exactly Journey is. We live in a time where Helldivers and EGTTR are on Steam, so it could very well be Sony's Journey.

Ahh I see, I hope Sony's Journey can make it to PC someday (or at least its sequel, or whatever thatgamecompany is working on lol).

At least we got ABZU for now.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
owners of Slain will get a giftable copy with the release of 2.0. patch notes:

STRUCTURE
• Difficulty curve has been completely re-calibrated.
• Checkpoint spacing has been re-regulated to allay difficulty spikes.
• Comprehensive review of health/mana pick-up frequency and placement to ensure improved balance.
• Total overhaul of tutorial elements.

ENEMIES
• More complex and challenging behaviours for nearly all enemies, including added secondary attacks and augmented AI.
• Four brand new highly lethal enemy types.
• More challenging flying creature attack patterns
• Cursed Souls will steal Mana instead of damaging the player.

BOSSES
• Comprehensive additions and refinements to all existing boss encounters.
• 3 all-new bosses, including an epic multi-stage battle with the villainous Lord Vroll!

FUNCTIONALITY
• Hit detection improvement between Bathoryn's weapons and enemies

CONTROL
• Weapons can be switched whilst on the move.
• Jump height is now controllable.
• Subtle refinements to hero’s movement characteristics to increase ‘feel’.

COMBAT
• ‘Brutal Attack’ introduced that requires skilful timing to execute, provides huge visual reward and inflicts massive damage.
• New parry ability and ensuing Critical Strike riposte.
• Fireball and magical bolts can now be reflected back to the target with a carefully-timed sword swing.
• Enemies have vulnerability to steel, ice or flame weaponry, necessitating tactical switching on the fly.
• Larger creatures can be hit in the head for extra damage.
• Dedicated block button.
• ‘Dash back’ now more responsive and effective.

MANA
• Mana can be harvested from enemies that are killed by high-value attacks
• Mana Spirit now has two levels of power and can carve straight through enemies.
• Mana abilities now on dedicated Mana button.

VISUALS
• Improved hit impact animation feedback from enemies.
• 'Correct' elemental weapon usage particle splash and positive audio feedback effects.
• General improvement in smoothness and quality of character animations.
• Seamless scene transitions.
• Backgrounds no longer blend with the foreground and characters.
• Aesthetic and practical overhaul to many characters.
• Two scan line modes for that authentically retro CRT look.

AUDIO
• Almost 100% revamped audio – a multitude of additional sound effects, ambient sounds and new music (including extra tracks from Curt Victor Bryant over the next few weeks).
• Improved sound balance between music and effects.

CAMERA
• Camera now keeps Bathoryn in-frame when falling and shifts position in anticipation to avoid ‘leaps of faith’

FRONT END
• Overhauled Save system
• Comprehensive options functionality.
• Tutorial recap function.

NARRATIVE
• 100% re-scripted dialogue.
• Additional background lore
• Fleshed-out story denouement and enigmatic epilogue.

REWARDS
• New multi-part pickup with valuable gameplay effect hidden in secret challenge areas
• Headbang to honour victory - in the name of the Great Horned Metal God!

ACHIEVEMENTS
• 30 Merciless Steam Achievements!

Grief.exe

i saw your post about capcom ports and you mentioned dead rising and god hand

I had a feeling that was what you were referring to. I was just joking.

Though, Capcom is running out of games to port.

-Suikoden 2
-Grandia (I did this up to the final boss, but I couldn't defeat him when I was a kid)
-Chrono Cross
-Xenogears

See you next year.

Awesome. Let me know when it's acceptable to start begging in this thread.

It's really cool that they've given it such a glossing over instead of doubling down on it. The main complaint that I've heard was the "feel" of the character's movement, which looks to be reinforced in a number of different places in this list. Even explicitly in Control.

I had a feeling that was what you were referring to. I was just joking.

Though, Capcom is running out of games to port.

I feel sad now :")
Although, I disagree:
God Hand, Viewtiful Joe, Asura's Wrath, Okami, Ace Attorney, Ghost Trick, Devil May Cry HD, Resident Evil Code Veronica X,
Dino Crisis :"")
, there's plenty of games they could still port.

STRUCTURE
• Difficulty curve has been completely re-calibrated.
• Checkpoint spacing has been re-regulated to allay difficulty spikes.
• Comprehensive review of health/mana pick-up frequency and placement to ensure improved balance.
• Total overhaul of tutorial elements.

ENEMIES
• More complex and challenging behaviours for nearly all enemies, including added secondary attacks and augmented AI.
• Four brand new highly lethal enemy types.
• More challenging flying creature attack patterns
• Cursed Souls will steal Mana instead of damaging the player.

BOSSES
• Comprehensive additions and refinements to all existing boss encounters.
• 3 all-new bosses, including an epic multi-stage battle with the villainous Lord Vroll!

FUNCTIONALITY
• Hit detection improvement between Bathoryn's weapons and enemies

CONTROL
• Weapons can be switched whilst on the move.
• Jump height is now controllable.
• Subtle refinements to hero’s movement characteristics to increase ‘feel’.

COMBAT
• ‘Brutal Attack’ introduced that requires skilful timing to execute, provides huge visual reward and inflicts massive damage.
• New parry ability and ensuing Critical Strike riposte.
• Fireball and magical bolts can now be reflected back to the target with a carefully-timed sword swing.
• Enemies have vulnerability to steel, ice or flame weaponry, necessitating tactical switching on the fly.
• Larger creatures can be hit in the head for extra damage.
• Dedicated block button.
• ‘Dash back’ now more responsive and effective.

MANA
• Mana can be harvested from enemies that are killed by high-value attacks
• Mana Spirit now has two levels of power and can carve straight through enemies.
• Mana abilities now on dedicated Mana button.

VISUALS
• Improved hit impact animation feedback from enemies.
• 'Correct' elemental weapon usage particle splash and positive audio feedback effects.
• General improvement in smoothness and quality of character animations.
• Seamless scene transitions.
• Backgrounds no longer blend with the foreground and characters.
• Aesthetic and practical overhaul to many characters.
• Two scan line modes for that authentically retro CRT look.

AUDIO
• Almost 100% revamped audio – a multitude of additional sound effects, ambient sounds and new music (including extra tracks from Curt Victor Bryant over the next few weeks).
• Improved sound balance between music and effects.

CAMERA
• Camera now keeps Bathoryn in-frame when falling and shifts position in anticipation to avoid ‘leaps of faith’

FRONT END
• Overhauled Save system
• Comprehensive options functionality.
• Tutorial recap function.

NARRATIVE
• 100% re-scripted dialogue.
• Additional background lore
• Fleshed-out story denouement and enigmatic epilogue.

REWARDS
• New multi-part pickup with valuable gameplay effect hidden in secret challenge areas
• Headbang to honour victory - in the name of the Great Horned Metal God!

ACHIEVEMENTS
• 30 Merciless Steam Achievements!
So, does the game still not have a proper finale?

The developer for Slain must feel very confident that they worked out most of the problems with the game in this patch that they are willing to include extra copies for owners. The best move you can do to revitalize your game.

Kifimbo

They only sold around 7,000 copies. I thought the gifs that were circulating before launch would lead to more sales. I guess having a broken game killed the hype.

Parsnip

Someone should gift me their extra Slain copy.

Broken screenshots on store page. Just me or everyone?

Me too.
-Suikoden 2
-Chrono Cross
-Xenogears

I really should play Xenogears and Chrono Cross one of these days.
And FFT, but the mobile version has a slim chance of coming to Steam at some point, so maybe I'll wait a bit.

Ludens

Banned
I don't understand why TellTale sucks so much. They don't bother to translate their titles including italian subtitles if not in rare cases like Walking Dead S1 (like one year later) or Borderlands, italian is the only missing language, closing threads in their forum for people asking for a translation. I don't have a problem with english, but a lot of friends of mine don't buy TT games because they are not translated.
Also on PC we paid more for GOT and Borderlands compared to PSN, like 3€ for each. Now Batman is in pre-order on PSN giving The Wolf Among US, and PC users get nothing.

Someone should gift me their extra Slain copy.

Me too.

I really should play Xenogears and Chrono Cross one of these days.
And FFT, but the mobile version has a slim chance of coming to Steam at some point, so maybe I'll wait a bit.

I tried FFT when I was a kid but I found it too difficult, and also I had problems with english. I will probably buy it again if it ever releases on Steam.

Just watched some Daredevil episodes in my virtual cinema, played Overwatch on a 500" screen, saw a Mongolian family in their hut and was on a boatride in Thailand.

Damn. VR is the real deal and I hope in 3-4 years we will have good enough high-resolution Headsets and GPUs for even better experiences.

This is the Police |OT| Too bad, so sad, bye-bye.
This is the Police |OT| Whatcha gonna do
This is the Police |OT| Bulletproof or Big Boss

Enjoy.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Large Professor, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- You must have given away a game through ModBot to become eligible for this giveaway.
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

header.jpg

Slain: Back from Hell -- MB-94A24C9F97B641C1 - Taken by Ozium. 42 entrants total.

t1470086377z1.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom