• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August 2016 - No Man's Sky will leave Mankind Divided

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tizoc

Jim knows crap. The very first minutes of the video shows it doesn't know what he's talking about.
First claims he never touched the Wii game, but the Vita game, then claims prefer the Wii or the Vita version (the latter being a shit port and butchered one at that). The PC version has some issues, but definitely not preventing from enjoying the game.
I know it wont bother me when inget around to playing it ;p

I know it wont bother me when inget around to playing it ;p

All I meant to say is it's crazy how he can have that kind of statements when the very first minute, he claims to not have played the original. How can you claim a port is good or not if you didn't know the original.

Jadax

Urghh...gave an exam 2 days ago, don't think I'll have enough marks to proceed to the next stage.

Depressing fucking times.

Ludens

Banned
Well, NMS is randomly generated, so I don't really know why people expect variety out of it.
Unrelated, I'm wondering when SE will announce Crisis Core HD, no way they release FFVIIR without remastering that game.

Tizoc

Well, NMS is randomly generated, so I don't really know why people expect variety out of it.
Unrelated, I'm wondering when SE will announce Crisis Core HD, no way they release FFVIIR without remastering that game.
...you do know what random MEANS right?

Hektor

Maybe crisis core will be part of FFVIIR in some form.

Tizoc

Well not sure if Jim is someone anyone should be going to about port quality considering he plays DW8 on PC and is happy with it.
Bleh this is something i will generally hold against him

For someone who advocates good pc ports and devs being responsible, he overlooked koei tecmo's disappointing port uality
The only time he ever botherd to bring it up was only AFTER the tales of symphonia fiasco came to light

Tizoc

Yeah, but since you don't need to generate two planets but thousands, the variety will be much, much less from planet to planet.
How do u know that? Ehat entails for, for example, at least a handful of planets to be different from one another?nmaybe they could have a dozen differences such ad weather chsnges, air Tmosphere, creatures, just to namr a few

Sarcasm

How do u know that? Ehat entails for, for example, at least a handful of planets to be different from one another?nmaybe they could have a dozen differences such ad weather chsnges, air Tmosphere, creatures, just to namr a few

Only so many randomness and numbers that can go around.

Wok

Yeah, but since you don't need to generate two planets but thousands, the variety will be much, much less from planet to planet.

Same argument: you won't visit thousands of planets, so there could be enough randomizations for the planets that matter, i.e. the ones you will visit on your journey, to be sufficiently different. I could see for instance galaxies being very similar if you look at their composition globally: 10% of water planets, 50% of rock planets, etc. and yet your journey inside the galaxy could lead you to land on very dissimilar planets. Think local inconsistency but global consistency.

mp1990

Banned
All you people asking for Bayonetta and Vanquish and whatnot on Steam, I just found out that there was a game based on LOST and now I desperately want to play it with every fiber of my being. Now, I heard it's pretty bad, but I'm on such a LOST kick these past few days I'd play it for the sake of it.

Now all I have left is wait for the inevitable reboot of the series so someone can have the brilliant idea of bringing it to Steam ;-;

Ludens

Banned

It's just a question of math, of course I didn't track how many planets you will visit, but at one point there will be less variety.

madjoki

All you people asking for Bayonetta and Vanquish and whatnot on Steam, I just found out that there was a game based on LOST and now I desperately want to play it with every fiber of my being. Now, I heard it's pretty bad, but I'm on such a LOST kick these past few days I'd play it for the sake of it.

Now all I have left is wait for the inevitable reboot of the series so someone can have the brilliant idea of bringing it to Steam ;-;

It was on Steam until license expired:

https://steamdb.info/app/15290/info/

Good luck trying to find trader that has it and for good price :p

So are we getting a new Humble in a few hours or have they given up?

Yes, they said so in twitter.

Hektor

It actually got am entry into the steamdB and a Steam community page many years ago.

Ive even played it (never watched the show tho) because it was on the disc of a games mag once.

It was really bad.

I played it. It's not good. I can't find a mention anywhere but originally it was going to be made by Telltale, who was making the CSI games for Ubisoft at the time. No idea why they decided to just bring the mobile game to the pc.

mp1990

Banned
It was on Steam until license expired:

https://steamdb.info/app/15290/info/

Good luck trying to find trader that has it and for good price :p
BHTg2fZ9bUOIst_wKehhqL3K3Md9NLt64Gon69SFhsKb7O0AEdTjf7Cm9MAtGQt1auHvAiVx=w412-h255-nc

Amazon copies are laughably cheap but I'm afraid it won't be compatible with Windows 10 and I'm not sure how far I'd go to play a bad game based on LOST.

Servizio

I don't really need a tag, but I figured I'd get one to make people jealous. Is it working?
Batleborn Bundle 2: Electric Battleborn Bundleloo

The sixty dollar tier comes with Overwatch.

bjaelke

Kinda bad bundle for those who didn't buy the game maker bundle
Luckily for you I have a spare key. Redeemable at https://www.yoyogames.com/
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (bjaelke, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

GameMaker: Studio Pro -- MB-B1CA2EDDF5120882 - Taken by animlboogy. 7 entrants total.

t1470756567z1.png

Nzyme32

So, a week ago I sent a message to Denuvo regarding what kind of plans they had in the event of support for the DRM on an OS ending / if they considered perpetuity of game functionality and what their thoughts were etc etc, not expecting a response really.

Of course, I haven't received a response, so, that was fun.

I can't think of a single survival game I'd be interested in.

Maybe it's a Klei bundle though (Don't Starve), I'm down for Invisible Inc if it's in the 1 buck tier.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom