• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August 2016 - No Man's Sky will leave Mankind Divided

Status
Not open for further replies.
Free
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a garbage dump. No other rules apply, you may claim as many as you want (there are no limits or throttles), and keys you win won't be counted as wins for your record. Do not SELL these keys for a profit.
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Freebie -- MB-16AAD18FD16B909A - Taken by GaussTek. 2 entrants total.

t1470716225z1.png

Hektor

We failed at catching a higher up of the mafia.

We're facing charges for torture.

A serial killer is on the lose, he didn't wanted me to show the evidence I've found so far to other people and threatened to kill more if I do. But of course that fuckwit persy found out and called me out on that. That shit head is only working for me cos his rich father paid me to hire him lol. Now Im facing charges for withholding evidence. Thanks you idiot.

4 of my best policemen got shot in a gang war.

I'm already half way through but only got 40% of the money I need despite already selling drugs on the black market.

And
my new so says she got raped by the mayor

Not looking good for us right now.

But I got a 10% raise and a swat upgrade!

We failed at catching a higher up of the mafia.

We're facing charges for torture.

A serial killer is on the lose, he didn't wanted me to show the evidence I've found so far to other people and threatened to kill more if I do. But of course that fuckwit persy found out and called me out on that. That shit head is only working for me cos his rich father paid me to hire him lol. Now Im facing charges for withholding evidence. Thanks you idiot.

4 of my best policemen got shot in a gang war.

I'm already half way through but only got 40% of the money I need despite already selling drugs on the black market.

And
my new so says she got raped by the mayor

Not looking good for us right now.

But I got a 10% raise and a swat upgrade!

Holy Shit, is that We Are This Is The Police?

Game Get!

The NMS coverage is getting to me. Now it looks... interesting.
My one mission in NMS will be to find myself something resembling a dinosaur and name it the Saoirsesaurus.

Or you could find something completely opposite, like a bird, and name it Suruasesrioas.

Hektor

Holy Shit, is that We Are This Is The Police?

Game Get!

Yea it is. It's getting really fun and thrilling right now. With detective work, police management and lots of decision making.

But if you pick it up, keep in mind that it takes a bit to get going.

If you need to collect things to stay alive (suit repairs, ship repairs, energy etc) and collect stuff to trade for other stuff then that is survival genre for me.

I literally had no idea, as I'm not following the news and footage of NMS.

That's actually interesting. My wife would possibly love it.

Jimrpg

So I just got an arcade stick (Hori Real Arcade pro V Hayabusa) for PC, cause I really wanted to play Ultra Street Fighter IV. Obviously I wanted to get some other fighters on Steam too, but I'm a little disappointed by the offerings.

It's literally Street Fighter IV and V, Blazblue, King of Fighters, Guilty Gear, Mortal Kombat series and 1 DOA game.

Not bad, but no Virtua Fighter, Tekken, Soul Calibur, Marvel vs Capcom, Street Fighter Alpha, Street Fighter II and III. At this point it seems like the PS3 is probably the best machine for fighting game fans. But I'd rather get them on Steam as its my platform going forwards.

I hope Namco and Sega bring some of their fighting games to Steam. Namco are already there for some of their other games like Project Cars and Tales of series, so fighting games would make perfect sense. I have no idea on Sega bringing out games on PC, they seem to just randomly release things on a whim, Valkyria Chronicles comes out on PC but no Yakuza!

So I just got an arcade stick (Hori Real Arcade pro V Hayabusa) for PC, cause I really wanted to play Ultra Street Fighter IV. Obviously I wanted to get some other fighters on Steam too, but I'm a little disappointed by the offerings.

It's literally Street Fighter IV and V, Blazblue, King of Fighters, Guilty Gear, Mortal Kombat series and 1 DOA game.

Not bad, but no Virtua Fighter, Tekken, Soul Calibur, Marvel vs Capcom, Street Fighter Alpha, Street Fighter II and III. At this point it seems like the PS3 is probably the best machine for fighting game fans. But I'd rather get them on Steam as its my platform going forwards.

I hope Namco and Sega bring some of their fighting games to Steam. Namco are already there for some of their other games like Project Cars and Tales of series, so fighting games would make perfect sense. I have no idea on Sega bringing out games on PC, they seem to just randomly release things on a whim, Valkyria Chronicles comes out on PC but no Yakuza!

There is also SkullGirls, Yatagarasu: Attack on Cataclysm, Melty Blood title title title, Battle Phantasia, UNIEL, that loli fighter, Vanguard Princess, and probably more. And most importantly of all, the Brony fighting game (Them's Fightin' Herds) will be on Steam. ;)

AHA-Lambda

Just another heads up for ya, this thread is the kind of worst-case-scenario for bad PSUs. It can be very unexpected or happen with little warning from everything I've heard (never actually had a PSU die on me... yet).

And now I've jinxed myself.

Urgh!! Now my PC (or any for that matter) sounds like a ticking time bomb when you put it that way! D:
I should get it back from the shop today after they've given it a look over

Wok

Wow, I have just watched Jim's take on NMS: the game looks very static, and there are green waves "updating" the world here and there which would break the immersion for me. I don't know how I feel about spending 60 € for what might bore me after an hour or so. I remember how fast I got bored of Just Cause or Red Faction Armageddon: if you give me plenty of objectives and stuff to collect, it'd better sustain my interest. Regarding repetitive gameplay, This is the Police at least has a story to keep me interested.

Mr. Doop

Wow, I have just watched Jim's take on NMS: the game looks very static, and there are green waves "updating" the world here and there which are would break the immersion for me. I don't know how I feel about spending 60 € for what might bore me after an hour or so.

I guess this is pretty much now I feel, I'm definitely not getting it for $60, and if I do get it eventually, I doubt I'll spend much time with it. Just doesn't seem like my type of game.

Wow, I have just watched Jim's take on NMS: the game looks very static, and there are green waves "updating" the world here and there which would break the immersion for me. I don't know how I feel about spending 60 € for what might bore me after an hour or so. I remember how fast I got bored of Just Cause or Red Faction Armageddon: if you give me plenty of objectives and stuff to collect, it'd better sustain my interest. Regarding repetitive gameplay, This is the Police at least has a story to keep me interested.

Little King Story >>>>>>> No Man's Sky

ExoSoul

Banned

The green waves are player controlled scans of nearby environment.
And as for story
some relics give you back story for some alien species

Jim gave the lks port a negative review

Jim knows crap. The very first minutes of the video shows it doesn't know what he's talking about.
First claims he never touched the Wii game, but the Vita game, then claims prefer the Wii or the Vita version (the latter being a shit port and butchered one at that). The PC version has some issues, but definitely not preventing from enjoying the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom