• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August 2016 - No Man's Sky will leave Mankind Divided

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sarcasm

I see you guys talking about humble bundle and few hours, I check site and I see it says 24 hours and current bundle is dead.

Surprised so much hate for the genre.

Possibilities I would be interested in:

Infectonator : Survivors
http://store.steampowered.com/app/269310

Crashlands
http://store.steampowered.com/app/391730

RimWorld
http://store.steampowered.com/app/294100/

StoneHearth
http://store.steampowered.com/app/253250/

Frozen State
http://store.steampowered.com/app/270270/

Subterrain
http://store.steampowered.com/app/340490/

Sheltered
http://store.steampowered.com/app/356040/

The Flame in the Flood
http://store.steampowered.com/app/318600/

Which of course this means now that I've listed them, none of them will be in it.

AHA-Lambda

what happened to it

Asus anti surge protection tripped on it, booting me to BIOS and seemingly locking me out of Windows, even though I had had no power surge. Then it just went away by itself, so I figured something may be up with the PSU

Took it to a good local PC shop I know cos I'm hopeless with these sorts of technicals but it seemed fine, they found nothing inside to indicate any problems :/

That's almost always the case unless you can recreate the problem regularly before taking it in to be fixed

Fair point I guess
Well it was consistently locking me out all night until the next morning :/

yuraya

Watched some videos of NMS and omg the FOV on the PS4 version is something else. I can't believe developers are getting away with it. They are literally torturing console gamers with that stuff. 4:3 making a comeback.

The game looks surprisingly good. GB quicklook was great. Some of the ground textures on the planets can use some work tho. Hopefully there is an active modding community with a lot of great mods by the time I pick it up.

So Im sure Im reading waaaaayyyy to much into this(I definitely am), but in the press release by deep silver for persona 5 there is this statement:

"This instalment will be available exclusively for consoles on PlayStation®4 (PS4) for €69.99 / £54.99 and PlayStation®3 for €49.99 / £39.99, at Retail and Digital"

And im wondering why have the "for consoles" statement when taking that out would still make sense in terms of exclusivity.

Then I also looked at the press release for King Of Fighters XIV, and it has the same line

"KOF XIV, continuing it’s 20+ year fighting legacy exclusively for console on PlayStation®4"

and there are signs that it is coming to PC at some point in time.

I'm just wondering why make that distinction when this:
"This instalment will be available exclusively on PlayStation®4 (PS4) for €69.99 / £54.99 and PlayStation®3 for €49.99 / £39.99, at Retail and Digital"

sends across the same message.

Lunaniem

Additional Features & Functionalities:
Save System - Now supports up to five save slots
Controller Support - Native Xbox 360/Xbox One and PlayStation DualShock 4 controller support with matching button icons
Resolution Settings - supports 4K and beyond
Variable Frame Rate - uncapped frame rate including support for 144Hz monitors with Nvidia G-SYNC technology
Customizable & rebindable keyboard and mouse settings
Russian localization

Ludens

Banned

Controller Support - Native Xbox 360/Xbox One and PlayStation DualShock 4 controller support with matching button icons
Variable Frame Rate - uncapped frame rate including support for 144Hz monitors with Nvidia G-SYNC technology
Russian localization

No discount, no pre-order bonus, nothing?

Also, can you guys receive a mail with the steam security code at the moment? I'm trying to log into Idlemaster but I receive no mail.

Russian localization

i haz wishlisted.

Lomax

I miss being on pacific time, I liked waking up and things like dailies and bundles hitting during the morning.

Tizoc

Also, can you guys receive a mail with the steam security code at the moment? I'm trying to log into Idlemaster but I receive no mail.

Brah, come on. USD 20 and a fine price point IMHO.
Then again I'm the guy who will be getting it discounted during the Winter Seal so what do I know :V

Anteater

Russian localization

capcom usa continues to be doing god's work

Asus anti surge protection tripped on it, booting me to BIOS and seemingly locking me out of Windows, even though I had had no power surge. Then it just went away by itself, so I figured something may be up with the PSU

Took it to a good local PC shop I know cos I'm hopeless with these sorts of technicals but it seemed fine, they found nothing inside to indicate any problems :/

"have you tried unplugging and plugging it back in?"

Ludens

Banned
Brah, come on. USD 20 and a fine price point IMHO.
Then again I'm the guy who will be getting it discounted during the Winter Seal so what do I know :V

Yeah but compare it to other Capcom releases:

-Dragon's Dogma got an artbook
-REmake got an artbook
-RE0 got a skin

Here you get nothing.

I think $20 is a good price especially with all those added modern features.

Seriously, Activision re-released the Marvel Ultimate Alliance games for $40 each on PC and they were dogshit. No one should be second questioning the price for DR.

Ludens

Banned
I think $20 is a good price especially with all those added modern features.

Seriously, Activision re-released the Marvel Ultimate Alliance games for $40 each on PC and they were dogshit. No one should be second questioning the price for DR.

But I didn't argue about the price (in fact if you read my older post, 20€ is exactly the price I suspected for this release), only the lacking of some kind of bonus, being a discount or an extra content.

Nabs

Russian localization

For $20? This is too good.

This makes up for the upcoming Humble Shitty Bundle.

dex3108

And i finished Splinter Cell Conviction too today (i finished Double Agent on Sunday). Yeah this was more-less pure action game with some stealth elements. Story was ok, level design was so-so and movement was great. This could be nice SC game if there was more stealth/non lethal opportunities. I will make small break for day or two before i go and play Splinter Cell Blacklist.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
Yeah but compare it to other Capcom releases:

-Dragon's Dogma got an artbook
-REmake got an artbook
-RE0 got a skin

Here you get nothing.

..... You're arguing over pointless side shit. It sounds like a good port at a fair price. They don't need anything else.

Grief.exe

But I didn't argue about the price (in fact if you read my older post, 20€ is exactly the price I suspected for this release), only the lacking of some kind of bonus, being a discount or an extra content.

Do you feel entitled to a bonus?

For $20? This is too good.

I'm in.

Ludens

Banned
Do you feel entitled to a bonus?

When someone uses entitled I generally don't answer at all. This time I did an exception.
Why can't we have simply a discussion comparing this release to other Capcom releases?
Why if someone is not automatically enthusiast is automatically "entitled" to something?
I just wrote it would be nice having some kind of pre-order bonus, no matter if it's an artwork or a discount...because that's usually the point on pre-ordering something.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
I think we can all agree that they should have priced Dead Rising at 30 and taken 10% off as a launch bonus.

Cacpcom strikes again.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
Wbacon released these shots of the Dead Rising PC version:

B4521C92824361E5B622EF8CF6AB0684FC6ADD40

D1D6685EC79BFCFE85021CF86DA54FB97BD2F37C

Tizoc

I mean its a 10 year old game

$20 well spent, primarily for anyone who would want to play it day 1 ;)

Ludens said:
When someone uses entitled I generally don't answer at all. This time I did an exception.
Why can't we have simply a discussion comparing this release to other Capcom releases?
Why if someone is not automatically enthusiast is automatically "entitled" to something?
I just wrote it would be nice having some kind of pre-order bonus, no matter if it's an artwork or a discount...because that's usually the point on pre-ordering something.
On the one hand, I get what you mean.
On the other, one could still buy this now or AFTER release and it'd still be $20.
Just because it's pre-order doesn't mean it needs to have bonuses. At the end of the day it's the consumer's decision whether they want it to buy it early or not.

Besides, you know GMG would have it discounted for around 20% anyway, so you could get it from there.
Or you could do what I'll do; get it during the Winter Seal. As excited as I am for DR1, I'm not in THAT much of a hurry to play it.
Regardless I find the price point fine; Capcom do good PC ports and they're not exactly asking for an arm and a leg.

Ludens

Banned
$20 well spent, primarily for anyone who would want to play it day 1 ;)

On the one hand, I get what you mean.
On the other, one could still buy this now or AFTER release and it'd still be $20.
Just because it's pre-order doesn't mean it needs to have bonuses. At the end of the day it's the consumer's decision whether they want it to buy it early or not.

Besides, you know GMG would have it discounted for around 20% anyway, so you could get it from there.
Or you could do what I'll do; get it during the Winter Seal. As excited as I am for DR1, I'm not in THAT much of a hurry to play it.
Regardless I find the price point fine; Capcom do good PC ports and they're not exactly asking for an arm and a leg.

But again, I never stated this is overpriced. I only think a pre-order should have some kind of bonus, that's it. Otherwise as you wrote I won't pre-order, taking the game when it will be cheaper, since I'm plenty of titles to play.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom