• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Autumn Sale 2012 | Now with 100% more fanfiction

Status
Not open for further replies.
I opened up a Steam ticket about Chivalry. I'm getting the difference of $3.25 refunded to me. Fucking bullshit that it goes cheaper barely 30 minutes after I buy it. I'll EMAIL Gabe himeslf if I have to, goddammit.

The one "goddammn" rule of what? Wait like ten minutes? This isn't even a flash sale, that was the correct discount it should've been from the beginning. I don't have time to set around all fucking day waiting for the right moment, and get fucked in a few minutes. I have to work everyday the week and my time is valuable.

I think this would be Gaben's response:
Ev5ya.png

Ok so right now Cargo Commander and KOTOR 2 are in my cart, i'm about to check out for today guys, no... i WON'T hear another word on other great games, leave me alone :(

edit: is it a bad sign if already unchecked my CC info so it makes it harder to pull the trigger each time but then i noticed i already know my CC info by heart so.... :(

Giard

Stop piling on the Chivalry guy. At the beginning of the sale, it was -20%, and 30 mins later it was -33%.
It's not like he bought it just before the sale... I would've been pissed too. However, the dude shouldn't be mad if the price is even lower during a daily deal/flash deal.

I opened up a Steam ticket about Chivalry. I'm getting the difference of $3.25 refunded to me. Fucking bullshit that it goes cheaper barely 30 minutes after I buy it. I'll EMAIL Gabe himeslf if I have to, goddammit.

The one "goddammn" rule of what? Wait like ten minutes? This isn't even a flash sale, that was the correct discount it should've been from the beginning. I don't have time to set around all fucking day waiting for the right moment, and get fucked in a few minutes. I have to work everyday the week and my time is valuable.

The rule isn't wait ten minutes. You should have bought it when it was a daily or a flash period. If it never went on those, you buy it the last day. Easy. You broke the rule, you got burned.

inky

CRITTER CRUNCH GAF'ers...

I think I got everyone so far. Check your PMs. If you were pages back and I missed you, apologies, please send me a PM.

For all those who missed it - If you bought Critter Crunch during the sale, I'll toss you a second code just cause GAF folks have been so cool to Capy.

THANKS!

That's awesome of you. I bought it and already put like an hour into it. M&M Clash of Heroes is one of my most played games on Steam too, so it was a no-brainer. Love your games guys.

I also got Kotor II, finally!

KissVibes

Banned
Why would you buy anything 30 minutes before a Steam sale begins?

The sale was active when I bought it? That's why I'm pissed. I bought it, showered for work and refreshed the page and the discount was even bigger. That's hardly my fault. I'm sure they'll give me the discount just like every other digital retail I've purchased from with the same issue.

You must be new to Steam.

:lol Okay.

The rule isn't wait ten minutes. You should have bought it when it was a daily or a flash period. If it never went on those, you buy it the last day. Easy. You broke the rule, you got burned.

I don't have time for that, I'm driving all week for work and wont have time to keep track of all the deals. I shouldn't get burned for for what happened in this case. How hard is this to grasp? I didn't buy Skyrim for $59.99 and asked a discount when it hit 50% off, I purchased something, went to do something else and as soon as I came back the price changed to the actual discount price.

Goddammit I'm buying so much.
The Witcher 1
Chivalry
Legend of Grimrock
Intrusion 2
Cargo Commander
The eXceed bundle
KOTOR 2
Mass Effect 3 (from GMG...but still)

kswiston

Not to mention this sort of thing happens all the time during sales. Or the reverse where a game is absurdly cheap for like 10 minutes, but due to server load its price changes before you get through the checkout process. Steam is not going to offer discounts because other people got the game cheaper.

adg1034

I think I got everyone so far. Check your PMs. If you were pages back and I missed you, apologies, please send me a PM.

For all those who missed it - If you bought Critter Crunch during the sale, I'll toss you a second code just cause GAF folks have been so cool to Capy.

THANKS!

Just picked it up! Steam ID's the same as on here.

Thanks to everyone at Capy.

gdt

Okay gaf, first person to figure out what is the last game I played on Steam (like less than 20 minutes ago) gets a Critter Crunch key (thanks Capa!)

The sale was active when I bought it? That's why I'm pissed. I bought it, showed for work and refreshed the page and the discount was even bigger. That's hardly my fault. I'm sure they'll give me the discount just like every other digital retail I've purchased from with the same issue.

Point is, there is never any reason to buy anything that isnt a daily deal or flash deal until the last day. Always.

Ok folks, I gotta get some work done.

If you bought Critter Crunch during the sale and want to take Capy up on the offer of a 2nd code just for being cool GAF-pals, shoot me a PM and I'll make sure to get it to you.

1-D_FTW

Stop piling on the Chivalry guy. At the beginning of the sale, it was -20%, and 30 mins later it was -33%.
It's not like he bought it just before the sale... I would've been pissed too. However, the dude shouldn't be mad if the price is even lower during a daily deal/flash deal.

Pfft. 20 percent? That's like dog years. In Steam division, that's as good as nothing. Gotta wait, son.

Okay gaf, first person to figure out what is the last game I played on Steam (like less than 20 minutes ago) gets a Critter Crunch key (thanks Capa!)

ez modo

Europa Universalis III? :p

DMC4 port is apparently good. But Capcom sales? LOL

Giard

Pfft. 20 percent? That's like dog years. In Steam division, that's as good as nothing. Gotta wait, son.

I know, that's why I said that he should've waited for a daily deal. Still, the fact that he bought something that was 20% off (supposed to stay that way for the sale unless it becomes a daily or a flash deal) and it turns 33% off after 30 minutes without any explanation is reason enough to ask for the difference.

If he was asking for the difference because he bought Chivalry before the sale started or because he bought it when it wasn't a daily deal, then it's a different story.

Rufus

Where is my wishlist? What have I missed? edit: Found it.

Revised question: Why are the usual links and buttons gone?

Indyana

THANKS!
That's very nice, thanks Capy!

My steamid is: indylo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom