• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Autumn Sale 2012 | Now with 100% more fanfiction

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tizoc

I try to access the site but it keeps giving me that the site is not available...(I opened in English UK, should I have entered Germany?)

Shantom

Help me out here GAF
I've added Total War Shogun 2 and TW Shogun 2 LotS to my cart. I expect both to undergo a flash deal sale, but which of the 2 should I go with? Will I miss out on anything if I just get Shogun 2 LotS of those 2?

You mean FotS? They're both different games so you will miss out if you just buy one of them. Due to the Shogun 2 collection being only £1.50 more than the base game I'd just buy the pack.

Easy_D

never left the stone age
Mark of the Ninja is amazing. Don't let the Shank games get in your way.

Is it smooth 60 fps? And are there any "timed" levels where you have to use precise platforming to get out before you die? Any similarity to Super Meat Boy? Just some questions before I pull the trigger :p

Is it smooth 60 fps? And are there any "timed" levels where you have to use precise platforming to get out before you die? Any similarity to Super Meat Boy? Just some questions before I pull the trigger :p

Yep you need to be quick quite often or you are dead. The locked sight effect isnt any help either.

Tizoc

You mean FotS? They're both different games so you will miss out if you just buy one of them. Due to the Shogun 2 collection being only £1.50 more than the base game I'd just buy the pack.

OK thanks I'll get both then. I've found the collections too, FotS is $10, whereas Shogun 2 is around $12.

EDIT: OK managed to get the Hitman Sniper site to open but uh...there's no box where I can redeem my code in...

LOL at "1... 2... 3... KICK IT! (Drop That Beat Like an Ugly Baby)" being on the featured indies page.

There's no discount, the game is pre-release, and the developers have no plans to ever finish the fucking thing. Steam Sale trolling at its finest.

Stay far away from this.

What's the consensus on Human Revolution a year later? Never really played the older ones (and what I do remember playing I didn't like very much).

see5harp

Hotline Miami and Mark of the Ninja. The flesh is willing but the spirit is weak.

Same. The only two games I really missed this year. I was waiting on hotline to get a really big patch but I dealt with Binding of Isaac and that ended up being my favorite pc game last year.

Symphonic

What's the consensus on Human Revolution a year later? Never really played the older ones (and what I do remember playing I didn't like very much).

Excellent. Boss fights are shit (developed by a different company, wtf right?) but the rest of the game is solid and reaaaaallllyy enjoyable and fun. Worth 40 bucks I'd say, a steal at 5.

I could not for the life of me get into the first Deus Ex and loved Human Revolution, so there's that.

thundr51

Ok, I just got a new 7950 and it came with the new Hitman, Sleeping dogs and Farcry3. So why am I buying stuff from this sale? Heck I'm STILL playing Skyrim thanks to mods and just reinstalled TDU2 to try some of the car mods. SOMEBODY STOP ME!!

Oh yeah, any recommendations for Solar of a solar empire trinity? I REALLY feel compelled to buy fallen enchantress but I just KNOW I'm going to suck at it.

Worth the price you paid 'good' or you could have waited like a bum for a cheaper price good?

Its well worth the 12 bucks spent. The fantastic combat system aside, this game has the best battlecry of any game ever. I'd say bite on it now and enjoy it, chances are the game probably won't see a bigger discount during the winter sale.

Human Revolution is an amazing game that's true to and lives up to the original Deus Ex bar a few horrid boss fights. Worth buying, installing and playing right away (had to say it, it's a Steam sale thread).

Isaccard

Thanks for being a smartass and unhelpful.

I knew what the game looked like, and even watched the giantbomb QL, and that didn't bother me. But the shifty colors and moving text... blegh.

That sucks, sorry to hear that man. It's a really great game. Maybe adjust your monitor settings to dull the colors, etc?

Haunted

still better than wind waker's section
Cm53l.jpg

Its well worth the 12 bucks spent. The fantastic combat system aside, this game has the best battlecry of any game ever. I'd say bite on it now and enjoy it, chances are the game probably won't see a bigger discount during the winter sale.

You're not helping me here, ReverseFate. Wait... your name. I SHOULD HAVE KNOWN!

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Human Revolution is an amazing game that's true to and lives up to the original Deus Ex bar a few horrid boss fights. Worth buying, installing and playing right away (had to say it, it's a Steam sale thread).

Human Revolution is a great game that's true to the spirit of the original Deus Ex barring a few horrid boss fights. Characterization and writing are fairly good, plot is decent, level design is of varying quality. The game runs a little too long for the meat it has. Worth buying, installing and playing right away.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
With all due respect to Tappet, because I'm the kind of guy who sometimes eats dinner before it's served because I'm so hungry, if he keeps eating like that there'll be no turkey left for CyL or Sir Roderick. That's not in keeping with the spirit of Thanksgiving!

Also Sir Roderick appears to be hollow--I'm kind of surprised he needs a bird, it seems like he himself would make a pretty good parachute.
I just realised, the bird looks rather angry. Perhaps it wants Sir Roderick to let go of its leg
Cyl seems to be having a great time, good for him.

Has anyone managed to claim their Hitman Sniper for Steam or PS3?
Yep, though I didn't try activating it because I already had it. A friend is having problems redeeming it on his PS3, and had to send a mail to support. No answer yet.

HoosTrax

With all due respect to Tappet, because I'm the kind of guy who sometimes eats dinner before it's served because I'm so hungry, if he keeps eating like that there'll be no turkey left for CyL or Sir Roderick. That's not in keeping with the spirit of Thanksgiving!

Also Sir Roderick appears to be hollow--I'm kind of surprised he needs a bird, it seems like he himself would make a pretty good parachute.
Yes we apparently learned that Sir Roderick is basically a skull wearing a yellow burka, and that he has no other bones in his body. I wouldn't worry about the other two, it's looking like there will be goose on the dinner table for them shortly...

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
LOL at "1... 2... 3... KICK IT! (Drop That Beat Like an Ugly Baby)" being on the featured indies page.

There's no discount, the game is pre-release, and the developers have no plans to ever finish the fucking thing. Steam Sale trolling at its finest.

Stay far away from this.
It's a shame, I want the Dejobaan bundle, but I'm not paying 20 bucks for it. 75% off or bust.

Gav47

Mark of the Ninja is number 25 in the charts while Hotline is number 11. Sometimes there's just no justice in this world.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom