• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Autumn Sale 2012 | Now with 100% more fanfiction

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amzin

maybe i shouldnt buy it then :( i dont want another game to make me rage. i have dota for that

There's only like 3(?) boss fights, as far as I remember. 2 of them were easy as hell for me, the last one was hard, but the "shitty" part is that all the fights are forced-combat, whereas you don't need to play like that at any other point in the game.

HoosTrax

I just remembered that I bought all of the Hitman games on Steam last Winter Seal :s

Which of them should I try (which have aged well)? I want to check out the older games before deciding if I want the new one.

RM8

I really don't want to spend a lot of money. I'm for sure getting SFxT and Mark of the Ninja, any other cheap recommendations?

Oh man oh man, PC gaming is still new-ish to me and it's so delicious and cheap and awesome.

Salsa

I really don't want to spend a lot of money. I'm for sure getting SFxT and Mark of the Ninja, any other cheap recommendations?

Oh man oh man, PC gaming is still new-ish to me and it's so delicious and cheap and awesome.

hotline miami

Excellent. Boss fights are shit (developed by a different company, wtf right?) but the rest of the game is solid and reaaaaallllyy enjoyable and fun. Worth 40 bucks I'd say, a steal at 5.

I could not for the life of me get into the first Deus Ex and loved Human Revolution, so there's that.

Human Revolution is an amazing game that's true to and lives up to the original Deus Ex bar a few horrid boss fights. Worth buying, installing and playing right away (had to say it, it's a Steam sale thread).

Human Revolution is a great game that's true to the spirit of the original Deus Ex barring a few horrid boss fights. Characterization and writing are fairly good, plot is decent, level design is of varying quality. The game runs a little too long for the meat it has. Worth buying, installing and playing right away.

Sounds good to me.

Derrick01

Banned
What's the consensus on Human Revolution a year later? Never really played the older ones (and what I do remember playing I didn't like very much).

Nowhere near as good as Deus Ex 1 and streamlined quite a bit for the modern console crowd, though not nearly as bad as IW was. It's a solid game worth playing once.

Just broke the promise I made to myself to not purchase any more games for the rest of the year...but Mark of the Ninja is one of the games I think I really missed out on, and you can't go wrong for that price. Yay for justifications!

Oh man totally getting DE:HR. I'll save the DLC for the winter sale.

I had Shogun 2 on my radar for a loooong time but I already bought a ton of games. Sorry SEGA, it's getting shelved for winter sale too. :(

So there's this bundle right

http://supershockbundle.com/

Comes with Steam keys for Home, VVVVVV, and Offspring Fling. A lot of other games too, DRM free.

Normally is 12.99, but the organizer of the bundle posted 100 discount codes which make the bundle free.
Quote to see the hidden link.

Some of them should still work. Just tried it. You can enter them during checkout.

jediyoshi

Jzero

Finished Max Payne 3. I like it as a "standalone game". Like, a lot. Really, really love it. Among the most fun I've had in a game this year. Part III? So fucking good.

As a sequel to Max Payne 2 I don't like it as much, mostly for presentation, story and writing reasons. If you never cared that much for those things in Max Payne 1 and 2 but liked the rest and can overlook quite frequent interruptions you absolutely owe it to yourself to play it.

robotnik

So there's this bundle right

http://supershockbundle.com/

Comes with Steam keys for Home, VVVVVV, and Offspring Fling. A lot of other games too, DRM free.

Normally is 12.99, but the organizer of the bundle posted 100 discount codes which make the bundle free.
Quote to see the hidden link.

Some of them should still work. Just tried it. You can enter them during checkout.
Wow, thanks for the heads-up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom