• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Autumn Sale 2012 | Now with 100% more fanfiction

Status
Not open for further replies.
Repost for new page before they're all gone:

So there's this bundle right

http://supershockbundle.com/

Comes with Steam keys for Home, VVVVVV, and Offspring Fling. A lot of other games too, DRM free.

Normally is 12.99, but the organizer of the bundle posted 100 discount codes which make the bundle free.
Quote to see the hidden link.

Some of them should still work. Just tried it. You can enter them during checkout.

EDIT: Most likely over. Seems like the codes have been deactivated or used up.

So I'm thinking about picking up Skyrim. I'm looking at going through GMG for the 25 percent off deal on top of the sales price, then maybe Steam for the rest of the DLC. Is that the best way to go, and would I still be able to get the high-res patch for my game as well?

Hanzou

I picked up a copy of Dark Souls yesterday and changed my mind on it. If anyone wants to Paypal me $15, Ill send the code your way. Send me a pm!

drizzle

Axel Hertz

Comes with Steam keys for Home, VVVVVV, and Offspring Fling. A lot of other games too, DRM free.

Normally is 12.99, but the organizer of the bundle posted 100 discount codes which make the bundle free.

Some of them should still work. Just tried it. You can enter them during checkout.

They might be all gone. Some say I can't apply to the items on the cart. Others say they've been removed.

1-D_FTW

plus the obvious Hotline Miami, there is also Cargo Commander, which looks interesting.
and...Noitu Love 2 (no idea if this is worth 2 bucks)

Cargo Commander is fucking awesome. But it's not a puzzle game. It's an arcade/action/platformer... with emphasis on arcade DNA. It's got a much steeper learning curve than a typical arcade game, but at its heart, that's what it is. A great arcade game.

Megasoum

Banned
I wish Steam always offered the possibility to pay the difference to upgrade to a "Deluxe edition" like they do with some games. I bought the normal edition of Far Cry 3 but now suddenly I kinda want the deluxe lol.

Volcynika

I wish Steam always offered the possibility to pay the difference to upgrade to a "Deluxe edition" like they do with some games. I bought the normal edition of Far Cry 3 but now suddenly I kinda want the deluxe lol.

I think that's more of a publisher thing. And since it's pre-release, you could probably just get a refund and then purchase the deluxe. They've refunded me with pre-orders, even offered to either put it back on my debit card or straight into the Steam wallet.

Megasoum

Banned
I think that's more of a publisher thing. And since it's pre-release, you could probably just get a refund and then purchase the deluxe. They've refunded me with pre-orders, even offered to either put it back on my debit card or straight into the Steam wallet.

Yeah I thought about that. I never dealt with Steam support but only heard horror stories in the past.

I guess it's worth a try.

msv

Free comes, free goes.
Quote me for a Steam key of VVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVV (I don't know how many V's are involved in the title).
I took the key, dunno if this was a key for multiple games, but since you let it open at first, you can rest assured a gaffer got it anyways :p Loving the music in this game.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member

EDIT: Most likely over. Seems like the codes have been deactivated or used up.
Damn, I missed this. Really wanted a free copy of VVVVV :(

To make up for it, I bought Hard Reset on GMG at $3.25, using the 25%-off voucher and $0.50 credit I had on my account.

cicero

I'm a FTL sale away from being able to skip out on the Winter Sales this year. I had $20 in my Steam Wallet for the occasion. My wish list:

-Hotline Miami (purchased)
-Mark of the Ninja (purchased)
-Nethergate: Resurrection (on sale but going to wait and see if becomes a daily/flash)
-FTL

Thank you Autumn Sale.

I have been wanting Nethergate: Resurrection to drop a bit more too. I don't think it is likely that it will hit a daily sale though, it is too small.

dani_dc

Anyone interested in splitting a GetGames bundle? Any two games on here are $15 total, so $7.50. I just want Gods and Kings. So someone would need to PayPal me $7.50 and pick one of the other games. Thanks!

Spec Ops: The Line
LEGO Batman 2
Civilization V: Gods & Kings
Civilization V GOTY
Serious Sam 3 Seriously Digital Edition
Warhammer 40k: Space Marine

Bah, they replaced Gods & Kings for Binary Domain, was planning to pick Civ V+Gods & Kings. Think I'll skip, Spec Ops will surely be cheaper soon and the other games I'm not particularly interested.

Anyone that doesn't has Binary Domain and is interested in one of those other titles should definitively pick it up though.

Did I hear someone in this thread comparing fallen enchantress to Age of Wonders? I played the shit out Age of Wonders when I was a young lad, loved the mix rts and rpg.

Mark of Ninja is great! Finally get to play it.

Does Dawn of War II have resource gathering like the first one or is it more action-oriented? Is it better than the first one?

Aaron

Did I hear someone in this thread comparing fallen enchantress to Age of Wonders? I played the shit out Age of Wonders when I was a young lad, loved the mix rts and rpg.
I think it's similar, but it's been a long time since I played Age of Wonders. I think there's a youtube review of FE that compares the two.

dani_dc

Unfortunately I hear that Civ 5 (and 2K games in general from my understanding) are region locked, plus I wasn't sure if I had 12 euros on the card, so 3 euros more in my case might actually be a deal breaker.

Winter sales are around the corner, so I'm not too worried about picking the game right away though, hopefully we'll have equally as good sales around then, thanks for the help though.

Picked up Dustforce cos it's finally 50% off and man, I feel like I'm fighting my brain trying to use Dustforce's keyboard controls. Gonna map the inputs to a pad.

Nabs

Picked up Dustforce cos it's finally 50% off and man, I feel like I'm fighting my brain trying to use Dustforce's keyboard controls. Gonna map the inputs to a pad.

People who are good at the game seem to swear by kb controls. I use the 360 pad (analog stick) and I do fine.

Unfortunately I hear that Civ 5 (and 2K games in general from my understanding) are region locked, plus I wasn't sure if I had 12 euros on the card, so 3 euros more in my case might actually be a deal breaker.

Winter sales are around the corner, so I'm not too worried about picking the game right away though, hopefully we'll have equally as good sales around then, thanks for the help though.

I got both game from Amazon and I don't live in USA. But I can see your point, yet I don't think the pack will be anymore discounted. Maybe if they put it without the DLC.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
I really want to thank YianGaruga and Dinopoke for sending me both VVVVV keys, though I only used the former.

Bro hugs to both of you!

People who are good at the game seem to swear by kb controls. I use the 360 pad (analog stick) and I do fine.

Yeah, I recall reading some reviews that swore by the keyboard controls. Maybe I'll give them another shot but I've gotta re-map the keys away from the direction arrows. I'm too used to using WASD for navigation in games.

Finished Max Payne 3. I like it as a "standalone game". Like, a lot. Really, really love it. Among the most fun I've had in a game this year. Part III? So fucking good.

As a sequel to Max Payne 2 I don't like it as much, mostly for presentation, story and writing reasons. If you never cared that much for those things in Max Payne 1 and 2 but liked the rest and can overlook quite frequent interruptions you absolutely owe it to yourself to play it.

I think they make it work quite nicely. Max is even more cynical this time around, and by the end of MP2, he is basically a completely broken man. The game explains the story and circumstances so well. Narratively, I think this is one of the best games this year. I regret not buying it in may when it came out now.

I'll probably do a 4-pack of chivalry and two or one slots will be open. But since it will be started by a US person, is it compatible with any region?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom