• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Autumn Sale 2012 | Now with 100% more fanfiction

Status
Not open for further replies.

xJavonta

Banned
BL2 for $30! Absolute steal at that price, I got it for $35 at Best Buy and I'm not disappointed (I'm more than happy to pay a bit more for a disc)

Is it possible that Deus Ex will become cheaper in the next few days?
(I know it's incredibly cheap now, but...)

Probably not. The game was bundled with the DLC for $7.50 a while back. This is the lowest you're gonna see it and at $5 it's worth every penny and then some.

Edit; Also, if you have a BB by you, the physical copy of Skyrim for PC is $5 cheaper than the Steam DD copy. It's a better value IMO, since it still activates on Steam.

It's that time again!

Throwing my Steam name out there looking for friend adds: PepsimanVsJoe

With so many people grabbing Chivalry it seems like we should be able to start our own server.(I doubt I could host one though, my connection isn't all that great)

Yeah, sadly I have to agree.

It's not good.

At all.

Hmm, well in the OT quite a few people disliked it, but just as many loved it/enjoyed it so apparently it is pretty divisive as far as opinions are concerned... Personally i finished the demo and enjoyed it, so unless the full game is drastically worse...?

HoosTrax

Oh I have all of these already...haven't played any of them yet except DA:O.

Is the season pass for QC worth it for $5? I know people think the game itself is kind of mediocre, but $5 is not much, generally speaking.

Oh I have all of these already...haven't played any of them yet except DA:O.

Is the season pass for QC worth it for $5? I know people think the game itself is kind of mediocre, but $5 is not much, generally speaking.

The season pass includes the game. There are only 2 DLC packs for $0.74 each.

twinturbo2

butthurt Heat fan
I just bought Call of Duty: Black Ops for $20 at Amazon to complete my COD collection. I'll hold off on the map packs until they're half-off, maybe on the next Steam sale?

I also need the third and fourth Modern Warfare 3 map packs, too. Will wait until those are half off, too.

xJavonta

Banned
Hmm, well in the OT quite a few people disliked it, but just as many loved it/enjoyed it so apparently it is pretty divisive as far as opinions are concerned... Personally i finished the demo and enjoyed it, so unless the full game is drastically worse...?

In that case you might like it. It doesn't get much better than the demo.

Necrovex

The only reason I bought BL2 this year instead of next year is a friend is going to play with me. And I was able to jump on the 4-pack deals with some Gaffer. $22 is a steal for a game that is only two months old and is beloved by many.

Tizoc

Lone Survivor $4.99
Quantum Conundrum $3.74
Dragon Age Ultimate $8.99

mehhhhhhhh

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK, Dragon Age Ultimate is not available in my region, WTFISTHISHITW1-3420I23PO4I32[PO4I32059!#$#@%#@$%^#$%#$@@%#$@%#$@%#$@%#$@.
I think I own Lone Survivor from an Indie Bundle...

OK let's see what's gonna go on sale in the next few hours...
Will make my final purchases by tomorrow at around this time.
Here's what's in my cart atm:
huwPg.png

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK, Dragon Age Ultimate is not available in my region, WTFISTHISHITW1-3420I23PO4I32[PO4I32059!#$#@%#@$%^#$%#$@@%#$@%#$@%#$@%#$@.

huwPg.png

You're definitely way better off removing almost all of that and waiting for the christmas sale, a lot of that will be way cheaper then. If you're anxious to play all of it though go for it I guess.

YES! My wish has been granted:

Quantum Conundrum is in the flash sale...

Now to actually put my money where my mouth is.

Opinions on Lone Survivor?

Buy Lone Survivor. It's an extremely atmospheric and brilliantly entertaining 2D survival horror game. I recommend playing in fairly long bursts and wearing headphones to maximise your immersion. I didn't think a 2D game could scare me but the atmosphere is so off kilter I couldn't help but feel it get to me.

huwPg.png

What a huge waste of money with the winter sale coming up.

Iadien

Guarantee I'm going to screw up this post? Yeah.

Wait until games are at least 66% off, unless you really want to play the game. The winter sale should be better.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I just bought Call of Duty: Black Ops for $20 at Amazon to complete my COD collection. I'll hold off on the map packs until they're half-off, maybe on the next Steam sale?

I also need the third and fourth Modern Warfare 3 map packs, too. Will wait until those are half off, too.

It's a pity Activision backed out of the $10 deal. As one who loathes modern Call of Duty but is obligated to purchase the games because he already owns a few entries in the series, $10 is perfectly reasonable.

LiK

huwPg.png

that's right, buy them all right now. no need to wait for a sale!

Tizoc

You should probably wait for Mirror's Edge, at least for winter. Fairly certain it went below $10 several times already.

Mirror's edge is 5 Euros on Origin and I can get Bulletstorm off there too so I MIGHT get them off Origin by tomorrow or the 26th.

You're definitely way better off removing almost all of that and waiting for the christmas sale, a lot of that will be way cheaper then. If you're anxious to play all of it though go for it I guess.

Actually I plan on getting at least:
Any games that are $5, Mark of the Ninja and TW Shogun 2 & LotS, by this time tomorrow. The rest I'll get by December sales if they don't go down on price.

huwPg.png

you can get all of that for maybe 40 in the winter sale if you wait for individual deals

kswiston

Mirror's edge is 5 Euros on Origin and I can get Bulletstorm off there too so I MIGHT get them off Origin by tomorrow or the 26th.

Any games that are $5, Mark of the Ninja and TW Shogun 2 & LotS, by this time tomorrow. The rest I'll get by December sales if they don't go down on price.

Shogun 2 goes on sale like every 3 days on one of the many Digital Distribution stores out there. Why not just wait for a 75% off sale on that?

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I hope a quick "Add to cart" button is added to search result items before the Winter/Christmas Sale.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Quantum Conundrum is garbage and not worth any price, not even free.

Here's what I thought after finishing up the piece of shit after grabbing it on a 3$ sale:

In a sentence: It feels like a game made by someone who learned nothing during their time at Valve.

There are just so many things wrong with the game. The dialogue is really dreadful and the delivery is just as bad. There is no real intriguing story/mystery that makes finishing these puzzles/work compelling (why on Earth would I want to help this irritating uncle?). The music has no personality to it and they really missed a huge opportunity to have it shift to different distinct themes to match with each dimension. The art style has this really bland Pixar leftovers look to it. If these things had been better executed, I wouldn't have been quite as irritated with the fundamental issues the game had.

What took the cake for me was the puzzle design. There are 4 pretty decent ideas for dimensions, but there are maybe only 3 or so puzzles that actually use the dimensions in an interesting manner. For the majority the designers were content to have you repeat the same basic solution over and over again. I never once felt particularly satisfied upon completion of a room since I rarely had to put much thought into them. The only real barriers are some awful first person platforming and occasionally finicky timing. They end up feeling like work rather than mental exercise. I start to lose interest in puzzles when I feel as though I could have designed them myself with relative ease.

I can look past the lack of character in games like Puzzle Dimension because the puzzle design demands a significant amount of analysis and spatial reasoning. I can look past the relatively easy puzzles in Portal's singleplayer because there is a lot of effort put into keeping things fresh and exciting (story-wise) (and Portal 2 co-op had some legitimately amazing puzzle design). This game has neither of those things.

I wouldn't even recommend the game at 3$.

didamangi

You can look at the lowest price those games have ever been on steam on this site. The lowest price probably will be the price on the winter sale.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom