• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Autumn Sale 2012 | Now with 100% more fanfiction

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrgone

I hate how we get double-fucked with GOTYs - buying all the DLC for Arkham City is more expensive than the GOTY, which has all the content. Shitty.

Chrysalis

Sooooo what's so good about Orcs must die 2?

I can only really speak to the first game, but it combines Tower defense with third person shooter mechanics and light progressive unlocks. The art style is also quite enjoyable and apparently the sequel adds really fun co-op.

It's also worth mentioning that it innovates in regards to Tower defense itself. These are not simple towers with defined damage output. These are traps that will work well depending on the layout of the dungeon/level.

Stop It

Perfectly able to grasp the inherent value of the fishing game.
I'm in to pay into a US Torchlight 2 pack too if one is going (In the UK here, so can Paypal).

HoosTrax

Oh so close.
concurrent.png

I can only really speak to the first game, but it combines Tower defense with third person shooter mechanics and light progressive unlocks. The art style is also quite enjoyable and apparently the sequel adds really fun co-op.

It's also worth mentioning that it innovates in regards to Tower defense itself. These are not simple towers with defined damage output. These are traps that will work well depending on the layout of the dungeon/level.
OMD1 was way more intense than any other "tower defense" game I've played. It gets ridiculously frantic and non-stop action during the later levels, never mind nightmare mode. I'm curious how good the singleplayer balance is in OMD2.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Fuuuu. I want Sonic, Dragon Age, and both Batman's. Damn you steam, damn you. My wallet will never forgive me for this.

Chavelo

Bolding this so people can see:

In for a Orcs Must Die 2 Complete Pack 2-Pack and for a Torchlight 2 4-Pack if someone is hosting them.

Fuck it, if not, send me a PM and I'll host it. :p

Scavenger

Is any of the DLC for Arkham City worth it? I didn't care much for the challenge maps in Arkham Asylum, so I guess the only one I might get is the Harley Quinn DLC. The Nightwing and Robin DLC packs are only for the challenge maps, right?
Harley Quinn's Revenge is shit. 1 hour of unrewarding gameplay and it doesn't really add much to the story. Nightwing and Robin are only challenge maps and skins, no free roaming.

AlexBasch

Okay, here is the thing.

I can buy you Batman AC or any $7.49 title if you can get me a Spec Ops The Line code from Gamefly (it's a Steamworks activation, right?).

Anyone?

mrgone

God fucking damnit, I just bought Orcs Must Die 2 without realizing that the 2-pack is the complete version with all the DLC. This is not my day, and that's a shitty way to organize a store page. I just saw the 2-pack beneath and figured it was a pricing error on the double pack :(

CyL swan-diving into the leaves. Makes sense. CyL is probably closest to a cat, and cats are pretty good at landing gracefully. Terminal velocity for a cat is apparently around 100km/h, which is a lot slower than a human, plus they have the righting reflex. The Straight Dope linked me to a study conducted in the Journal of the American Veterinary Medical Association which suggests that about 90% of cats survive multi-storey falls, because once they hit terminal velocity they stretch out sort of like flying squirrels so that more drag occurs and they land slower. I think CyL has got no problem

And it's confirmed that this point that Sir Roderick is basically a yellow sheet and a skull, so he's parachuting. No problem.

But Tappet (who is looking quite obese from having eaten an entire turkey, holy shit, what a jerk move, you need to share with everyone else) is going to be in a lot of pain when he hits. Maybe it's an Assassin's Creed thing, where no matter how far you fall, you're okay if a bunch of leaves breaks your fall?

KuGsj.gif

I'm loving the fan fiction. I'm also in on any Chivalry or Torchlight pack.

Fantomex

Torchlight 2 is awesome. I'm thinking of pulling the trigger on Batman AC GOTY but I'm wondering if i can get decent work from my 660 Ti. I hear that game brings video cards to it's knees.

What do you guys think?

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Never having played any, is the Orcs Must Die franchise pack worth it?

Oh, and if I buy it, will anyone who plays OMD2 add me on Steam?

Torchlight 2 is awesome. I'm thinking of pulling the trigger on Batman AC GOTY but I'm wondering if i can get decent work from my 660 Ti. I hear that game brings video cards to it's knees.

What do you guys think?
I have dual 560s and it runs like a dream. The DX11 stuff drops my fps down to a crawl but turn off that and everything else at max and its a beautiful thing.

Does Gamefly work for you? I think we can work something out but let me know first before I PM you. :p

LOL i saw your post but i don't think gamefly works as i am EU based for one... i COULD gift you the game on STEAM simply but it's 10 EUROS here... tell you what, if no one else jumps on my deal i will agree unless you found someone first ok? ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom