• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Autumn Sale 2012 | Now with 100% more fanfiction

Status
Not open for further replies.

coopolon

God fucking damnit, I just bought Orcs Must Die 2 without realizing that the 2-pack is the complete version with all the DLC. This is not my day, and that's a shitty way to organize a store page. I just saw the 2-pack beneath and figured it was a pricing error on the double pack :(

Yah, this confused me for a bit too, it's a really strange site layout.

In other news, I went ahead and bought The Walking Dead on Amazon for $12.50 and can confirm the Mac version works on PC through Steam. And of course you also get the $5 credit for Amazon's Editor's Choice in January.

So for anyone who missed the TWD on Amazon or as a daily, you can pick it up today for the same price.

Uthred

Sort of regretting picking up Arkham Asylum and Arkham City vanilla for $10 on Amazon. Considering picking up the Arkham City DLC is more or less the same price as GOTY edition. Presumably AC GOTY comes as one "item" on steam not as the vanilla game and all the dlc?

Gods & Kings I want, but I haven't felt a Civ itch in awhile, so I can sit on that one until the Winter Sale (at which point it may go lower anyway).

Torchlight II is still above my impulse range. I'm only buying that at $5 or less, which it might during the Winter Sale, but certainly by the next Summer Sale - I'm in no hurry to play it.

Everything else today I can pass on.

I know, it's almost silly to ask when it's just a dollar, but the price is so low it almost gets you suspicious again, lol

It has a great melee combat system and the story is good. The atmosphere is unique and dont let us speak about the voice work(it sucks). But overall it was a good game and i needed 4-5 hours to complete it.

cicero

Gods & Kings I want, but I haven't felt a Civ itch in awhile, so I can sit on that one until the Winter Sale (at which point it may go lower anyway).

Torchlight II is still above my impulse range. I'm only buying that at $5 or less, which it might during the Winter Sale, but certainly by the next Summer Sale - I'm in no hurry to play it.

Everything else today I can pass on.
Get in on a Torchlight II 4 Pack and get it for $7.50!@#

AlexBasch

LOL i saw your post but i don't think gamefly works as i am EU based for one... i COULD gift you the game on STEAM simply but it's 10 EUROS here... tell you what, if no one else jumps on my deal i will agree unless you found someone first ok? ;)
Sounds good. I would take Binary Domain from Amazon for Batman GOTY and five copies of Toki Tori if you want as well, haha.

Will wait then. :)

Torchlight 2 is awesome. I'm thinking of pulling the trigger on Batman AC GOTY but I'm wondering if i can get decent work from my 660 Ti. I hear that game brings video cards to it's knees.

What do you guys think?

I have a 560 and played through the whole thing with DX11 enabled and a solid framerate. With DX11 off my pc absolutely smashed it. Your 660 will be more than fine I'm sure. Plus it's a fucking awesome game, you should buy it!

Sort of regretting picking up Arkham Asylum and Arkham City vanilla for $10 on Amazon. Considering picking up the Arkham City DLC is more or less the same price as GOTY edition. Presumably AC GOTY comes as one "item" on steam not as the vanilla game and all the dlc?

I got the Batman Pack from Amazon as well. Is the Batman AC DLC substantial?

AlexBasch

And yes, with a dual core PC and my 5670 I was able to run AC's demo in mid settings with decent framerate, your card will probably do a lot better than that.

Batman AC runs terrible on my PC. It stutters a lot when I'm gliding, even with DX9.

I have a HD 7870, Phenom II x4 965 @3.4 GHz and 4 GB of RAM.

Fantomex

To be fair its the only game that the DX11 settings do anything like that on my system. Every other DX11 game runs perfect.

I'm gonna go ahead and purchase it then Optimus. Thanks all for the feedback guys, I'm double dipping on this one since I have the regular version on PS3, however there was no way I was paying for all that DLC but this one has it all :)

XShagrath

How long is it going to be before I can get a version of Civ V that is actually "complete"? (Are they still working on DLC for that game?)

All you need is GOTY, Gods & Kings, and then the Korea and Wonders of the Lost World packs.

I grabbed all of these about 10 days ago for under $20 from Amazon. It was $7.49 each for Civ V GOTY, and Gods & Kings. And then I think $1.24 each for the other two DLCs.

I do understand your frustration at not having a pack that has everything in already though. It took me a bit to figure out what was missing from the GOTY to piece together my "ultimate" version.

legacyzero

Banned
So surprisingly, I havn't bought anything yet. I almost bit on Max Payne 3, but that 30 GB file for a game I only half liked just didn't hit it.

I might bite on Dawnguard if it gets a daily or flash though.

So how good or bad is Sonic Generations anyway? I heard it's a good port but as an actual game i mean...

Classic Sonic's physics aren't a 1:1 recreation of the original Genesis games, but the levels are so well-designed around him as he is that you'll almost immediately forget about it.

Modern Sonic's first level (Green Hill) makes you think you can get away with just Boost-Boost-Boost. Then Chemical Plant shows up and says "Nope." Some of the 3D stages, like Sky Sanctuary, are probably the best 3D Sonic level design so far.

The game is a visual treat, there is tons and tons of classic and remixed music, and the levels don't get bogged down with alternate gameplay styles like previous titles. It's short, but absolutely solid.

The "True" final boss is really terrible though, and I'm sorry in advance for that.

So surprisingly, I havn't bought anything yet. I almost bit on Max Payne 3, but that 30 GB file for a game I only half liked just didn't hit it.

I might bite on Dawnguard if it gets a daily or flash though.

Is there a PC retail version of Max Payne 3? I'd rather install off the disc than download that massive game file.

HoosTrax

I guess it did hit 6 mil after all. Just barely.

concurrent.png

Uthred

I got the Batman Pack from Amazon as well. Is the Batman AC DLC substantial?

Alternate costumes, challenge maps you can play as Robin or Nightwing in, the Harley Quinn story add-on (which has got mixed reports). Not sure how much it really adds, just sort of OCD about DLC ;)

I'm on the edge for Dishonored at 24.99€, I've looked at a couple of impressions and so on, but I wanted to know what GAF thinks about the game.

Is it worth the price? I've read that is not really a good port, there's way to fix this? (Like Durante did for Daemon's Soul).

I don't need links or other about fix ecc, just to know if it's overall worth the price and effort.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom