• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Autumn Sale 2012 | Now with 100% more fanfiction

Status
Not open for further replies.
So right after I bought a few things before the switchover, I then dropped on...

Batman: Arkham Asylum GOTY,
Batman Arkham City GOTY,
LEGO Batman 2,
Orcs Must Die! - Artifacts of Power DLC,
Orcs Must Die! - Lost Adventures DLC, (had the original slumbering in my inventory)
and Orcs Must Die 2 - Complete Pack - 2 Pack for me and a friend

That's a lot of Batman.

One question about Arkham City, some people say they "hate the new Catwoman intro," like on the Giant Bomb Quicklook for the Wii U version. Did they change the game intro from how the game was initially released? What was it like before?

Bri

Too many games. There's just too many of them games.

I'm out. Maybe I'll launch a game I bought from the summer sale or something...

Yeah, right. DotA - here I come!

drizzle

Axel Hertz
CyL swan-diving into the leaves. Makes sense. CyL is probably closest to a cat, and cats are pretty good at landing gracefully. Terminal velocity for a cat is apparently around 100km/h, which is a lot slower than a human, plus they have the righting reflex. The Straight Dope linked me to a study conducted in the Journal of the American Veterinary Medical Association which suggests that about 90% of cats survive multi-storey falls, because once they hit terminal velocity they stretch out sort of like flying squirrels so that more drag occurs and they land slower. I think CyL has got no problem

And it's confirmed that this point that Sir Roderick is basically a yellow sheet and a skull, so he's parachuting. No problem.

But Tappet (who is looking quite obese from having eaten an entire turkey, holy shit, what a jerk move, you need to share with everyone else) is going to be in a lot of pain when he hits. Maybe it's an Assassin's Creed thing, where no matter how far you fall, you're okay if a bunch of leaves breaks your fall?

I'm late, but I won't fail you!

iPvzeJPCJaE5.jpg

Tizoc

Anyone have impressions about the Ankh games? ...and why is th bundle being sold for MORE than the total price of buying each game seperately >_>;

I'm on the edge for Dishonored at 24.99€, I've looked at a couple of impressions and so on, but I wanted to know what GAF thinks about the game.

Is it worth the price? I've read that is not really a good port, there's way to fix this? (Like Durante did for Daemon's Soul).

I don't need links or other about fix ecc, just to know if it's overall worth the price and effort.

Gamefly has it for 15€ with NOV20OFF

KingKong

Yeah I tried Kotor 2 but the first level really drags, did they think fighting dozens of spider bots would be fun? Gonna shelve them for now, theyre pretty long so Id rather beat the other games I bought first

Derrick01

Banned
I'm on the edge for Dishonored at 24.99€, I've looked at a couple of impressions and so on, but I wanted to know what GAF thinks about the game.

Is it worth the price? I've read that is not really a good port, there's way to fix this? (Like Durante did for Daemon's Soul).

I don't need links or other about fix ecc, just to know if it's overall worth the price and effort.

It's a good port but not a great game. It's a really poor stealth game with poor level design and as an action game it's kind of easy and sub par due to the powers. Like all hybrid stealth games it has no idea what it really wants to be and ends up failing at doing both successfully. It also only has 4 or 5 "normal" levels before the story pulls a Bioshock and falls apart with more linear areas and rushed last few levels.

It's not awful but extremely disappointing considering the developer pedigree behind it. It's more Invisible War than Deus Ex to sum it up quickly.

Indyana

Is there someone willing to buy two packs of Orcs Must Die 2 and Torchlight 2? I would do it, but I'm from Europe and it's more expensive.

d1rtn4p

Very tempted to see what Dishonored is all about. I hated Bioshock however; but I love Deus Ex. And this is why I'll probably never buy it.

It's a good port but not a great game. It's a really poor stealth game with poor level design and as an action game it's kind of easy and sub par due to the powers. Like all hybrid stealth games it has no idea what it really wants to be and ends up failing at doing both successfully. It also only has 4 or 5 "normal" levels before the story pulls a Bioshock and falls apart with more linear areas and rushed last few levels.

It's not awful but extremely disappointing considering the developer pedigree behind it. It's more Invisible War than Deus Ex to sum it up quickly.

I bought Dishonored off of GMG earlier this week, and I'm personally loving it so far. Fantastic game in my opinion.

Very tempted to see what Dishonored is all about. I hated Bioshock however; but I love Deus Ex. And this is why I'll probably never buy it.

It feels more like Deus Ex and less like Bioshock to me.

I forget how to hide stuff in my quote soooo. Quote me for a Steam BIOSHOCK key. Hopefully it will work on your computer as I cannot get it to work on mine (I already own it)

Derrick01

Banned

The only thing that could possibly bring up bioshock comparisons is the art style. For some reason people want to say the powers resemble Plasmids but they really don't, if you're going to say that then any first person game that has powers is Bioshock.

It's more Deus Ex and Thief then anything, but be warned it's more like Invisible War/Human Revolution and Deadly Shadows than Deus Ex 1 and Thief 2. It's definitely made for the current console gamer in mind.

Salsashark said:
Dishonored is GOTY contender. Derrick smells

I agree there, it's probably going to be 9 or 10 on my list. However in the weakest year in gaming history I'll let you decide whether I consider that a strong accomplishment or not.

Indyana

I am down to do a Torchlight 2 pack. I want to buy two copies. It would be $7.50 for each copy. If you want I will purchase the pack? And does anybody else want to jump in?

Did you want to join if I buy? Do you have paypal?
It would be a pleasure and yes, I have paypal.

d1rtn4p

Torchlight 2 do anything above and beyond a standard action rpg? After having sunk so many hours into Sacred 2, Diablo 3, and Titan Quest, not sure if I'm looking to jump into another one of these.

Tame

Bought today so far

Batman AA
Orcs Must Die Franchise
Bunch of Heroes

only got about 20 quid left in my Steam warchest (which took a pummeling yesterday when the wife decided to buy paint and stuff to decorate the house)

HenryHSH

So glad I waited it out on Orcs Must Die 2! Tempted to grab TL2 but I'm still playing D3. :[
Maybe Winter sale..

edit: Is the complete pack for Orcs 2 worth it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom