• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Autumn Sale 2012 | Now with 100% more fanfiction

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sweet deals today, but are totally in the category of stuff I'd like to buy just to have rather than stuff I'm itching to play.

I thought Orcs Must Die was fantastic, and one of the few games where I went to the trouble of perfecting every level as I was playing through them, but by the end, I felt absolutely no desire to play Orcs Must Die 2.

I already have Arkham City for PC, but I don't have it on Steam! There's also the DLC, but realistically, even if I wanted to, I'm not playing this game again.

I'd like to give Quantum Conundrum a chance, but it doesn't excite me.

Needless to say, I'm probably going to buy all three, plus Mark of the Ninja which I've been holding off on, because, Steam sale.

HoosTrax

Torchlight 2 do anything above and beyond a standard action rpg? After having sunk so many hours into Sacred 2, Diablo 3, and Titan Quest, not sure if I'm looking to jump into another one of these.
Never played D3, but Titan Quest's production values are vastly superior to Torchlight II.

Torchlight II is better about making the first playthrough meaningful, in that you couldn't even get the highest quality level gear in TQ until you had moved on to Epic and Legendary difficulty, which were locked until you had completed a Normal run.

Tizoc

Sorry for asking again but: Anyone play the Ankh games? How are they? Tempted to get them at their low price.

kswiston

A couple questions:

1) What is included in the Batman: Arkham City GOTY edition that is not in the standard edition? Is it worth $2.50 if you only care about single player campaign?

2) Is the DLC for Orcs Must Die 2 any good?

1-D_FTW

Really glad I ignored the Origins DRM in a moment of weakness and bought Gatling Gears for 2.49. Game is the shit (especially in 3d).

It's basically a steampunk version of Renegade Ops.

Bonus points for the epic Hollywood-esque soundtrack that thumps in the background.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
A couple questions:

1) What is included in the Batman: Arkham City GOTY edition that is not in the standard edition? Is it worth $2.50 if you only care about single player campaign?

2) Is the DLC for Orcs Must Die 2 any good?

1) From whjat I know, they're all either alternate costumes or challenge rooms, EXCEPT the Harley Quinn DLC, which you can buy by itself (like I did last sale).

2) I have no idea.

kswiston

1) From whjat I know, they're all either alternate costumes or challenge rooms, EXCEPT the Harley Quinn DLC, which you can buy by itself (like I did last sale).

2) I have no idea.

Is the Harliquin DLC worth it? I don't care about challenge rooms/costumes at all, so maybe I will just grab the regular version of the game for $5.

1-D_FTW

There are too many to list 75% off.

I just looked up Cargo Commander. I thought it was just some platformer, but it's randomly generated with highscores?

Yes. It's essentially a high-score based arcade game.

Levels are randomly generated based on numbers and letters. So if you create: Schmattakopf, it'll randomly create a level based on that. And then it goes into the world and anyone can play it.

Worlds are organized by: Most popular, least popular, random, Friends List, and Custom (which means you give a name and the game will create a random level that now exists.)

bigace33

Woooo! Got Batman Arkham City GOTY at a great price. So glad I fought my impulse to buy it on Greenman and Amazon.

Woowooweewow.gif

GAF, my friend at GameStop hooked me up with 20$ Steam Card. I was pretty much done with buying the stuff I wanted, But, there might be some stuff I may not know about. Keep hearing about OMD2..Very tempted.

kswiston

Decided to go with Arkham City regular edition for $5 and Orcs May Die 2 Complete.

If anyone wants to paypal me the $5, we can split on the OMD2 Complete 2-pack I bought.

EDIT: Taken

kadotsu

Banned
Does anyone think Borderlands 2 will go cheaper than £14.99 at -50%?

Not this year. The Season pass will probably get a discount this holiday but don't expect 66% or 75% just yet. I will get the game next summer when they have the GotY Ed. for 75% off.

Proc

Great sale for me. Not double dipping on anything, I picked up:both skyrim dlc, mark of the ninja, hotline miami, chiivalry, torchlight 2, and dishonored.

I sort of wanted xcom but the price was a little too high when I have so much else on my plate.

Whoever still pirates pc games is scum. If you can't afford a game, wait a few months for the sale and you will have plent of cheap games to play.

So far I'm playing hotline miami the most.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
Not this year. The Season pass will probably get a discount this holiday but don't expect 66% or 75% just yet. I will get the game next summer when they have the GotY Ed. for 75% off.

That's exactly what I'll do. I won't play it anytime soon anyway.

def sim

I sure hope Harvey's New Eyes shows up as a flash sale. I'm feeling like a good old point and click would be nice right about ow.

Toki767

I would have picked up Arkham City GOTY if I didn't already have the regular version. It's too bad there's no way to upgrade regular versions to GOTY versions for like a small fee or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom