• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Autumn Sale Thread 2013 - 3% Discounts Sale but no Shark

Status
Not open for further replies.

JDSN

Banned
Today we face the discounts that are at our door and bring the fight to them!

TODAY WE ARE CANCELLING THE WALLETPOCALYPSE

no 75% offs and the games that interest me I already own. Wizardry 6,7,8 remains my sole purchase so far.

Edit: Looks like the prices weren't adjusted initially. Deals are better now.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
Dark Souls Amazing Price.

FFVII in Brazil is the same price as the Russian store, bought.

God dammit Van Helsing, 66% is still NOT 75%

webrunner

real percentages are available on the actual store pages:

BGEE 60%
Dead Island 75%
Dark Souls 80% (same as the amazon deal was - 5.99)
FF7 66%
papers please 50%
don't starve 66%
Van helsing 66%
Game Dev Tycoon 50%
skullgirls 50%
sanctum 2 80%
ss2 75%
killing floor 75%

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Getting really pissed that Van Helsing DLC STILL hasn't gone on sale.

This is certainly bumping it off of my GotY list and making it dangerously close to my shitlist.

The complete pack is now CHEAPER than buying the 2 DLC I'm missing.

Copons

I'm still standing on my ground of buying nothing, but y'all should get DARK MOTHERFUCKING SOULS, that's probably the best game ever at the best price ever.

AlphaK

It seems like none of the "Daily deal" games prices changed, i guess that's for Flash Sales only?

Edit: scratch that, prices seemed to have updated.

Acccent

work, a 3DS and a girlfriend surely aren't reason enough to miss the steam sales. something bad must've happened. i'm worried :/

denx

Umm, Squigly is being sold for 4.99. Good thing I bought Skullgirls last week when it was on sale. -33% mind you, but now I can get all the new characters for free.

Anteater

Yes, mostly outdoor. Its not 'big open maps', though. You have a large, wide vista usually available to you, but its not immediately accessible at all.

The game consists of lots of smaller, floating islands, so if you want something like Crysis, its probably not what you're looking for. But I still found exploring around pretty fun and its far from a linear, corridor shooter, either.

Ahh I see, yeah that's fine, I just didn't want a corridor shooter where you spend most of the game inside a depressing sewer or something :lol

While visually set outdoors, the feel of it might as well make it set indoors for all you really get to do.

Crysis 1, S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: series, Red Faction: Guerrilla, Borderlands 2, RAGE, Far Cry series, etc. will give you more what you want.

Not on Steam and a bit of an unpolished gem is Xenus 2: White Gold worth considering as well.

Yea I already have Crysis 1, Rage was pretty cool as well when I played it for the free weekend (which did have a lot of linear indoor areas that I didn't mind). I'm currently playing through borderlands 2, so I probably don't mind infinite even if it's not complete open world setting.

Does this version of Dark Souls include the DLC? I was going to get it Monday on Xbox just to make sure it ran ok but I'll get it here if the dlc is included.

Chronoja

real percentages are available on the actual store pages:

BGEE 60%
Dead Island 75%
Dark Souls 80% (same as the amazon deal was - 5.99)
FF7 66%
papers please 50%
don't starve 66%
Van helsing 66%
Game Dev Tycoon 50%
skullgirls 50%
sanctum 2 80%
ss2 75%
killing floor 75%

Don't forget other things. Dead Island: Riptide is also 75% off for example

Status
Not open for further replies.