• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Autumn Sale Thread 2013 - 3% Discounts Sale but no Shark

Status
Not open for further replies.

rookiejet

Darn I think I messed up on my Assassin's Creed 3 online purchase. I purchased the [Download] version instead of the [Online Game Code] version. I guess now Assassin's Creed 3 will be a direct download instead of being added to my Steam.

I need to make sure to read the Amazon help topic, before purchasing a game online next time (that was my first time buying something online from Amazon).

Try asking for a refund/exchange if you haven't downloaded it yet. I wouldn't be surprised if they comply. Amazon's customer service is the best.

sprinkles

First time I get this from Amazon.com (ordered Mortal Kombat 9 for 15$ after another purchase went fine minutes before that):
Sorry, processing of this order is taking longer than expected
• This order may take up to 4 hours to process but usually will take less than an hour
• Please do not re-order this item
• Once your order is complete, you can download your purchase here. We will also send the download link to your e-mail address
• For more information, contact us
A little nervous right now with all the rumored Amazon.com+PSN-Store bans. They already charged my credit card though, so maybe it is just a safety for multiple orders.

Grief.exe

TE6Iqfz.png

Firebrand

First time I get this from Amazon.com (ordered Mortal Kombat 9 for 15$ after another purchase went fine minutes before that):
A little nervous right now with all the rumored Amazon.com+PSN-Store bans. They already charged my credit card though, so maybe it is just a safety for multiple orders.
I got that when I bought a Steam game earlier this summer (using a fake address) and it turned out alright.

Try asking for a refund/exchange if you haven't downloaded it yet. I wouldn't be surprised if they comply. Amazon's customer service is the best.

Just got off the phone with Amazon. They gave me a refund and game me the online code version. There customer support really is great! I was expecting a bunch of bull like usual customer support, but they just gave me the refund right away.

Kudos to Amazon.

Grief.exe

System Shock 2 is the best BioShock.

iQz0RpZFjn54T.jpg

I was gonna get BI but that statement put a brake on my intentions..... I didn't like Bioshock 1 that much (from a gameplay perspective)

Bioshock 2, and BI for that matter, really cleaned up and streamlined, in a good way, the combat from B1. They had this two hand system where left click activated your main weapon and right click your power.

The reason Bioshock 2 was so much better than BI in this regard, is the options that you had at your disposable. There were about 10 weapons you could carry at one time, each with different secondary uses and ammo types.
Tackling each encounter with the plethora of weapons and powers you had at your disposal actually kept the game very fresh.

I'd suggest you hold off buying Bioshock Infinite until the GOTY edition is out.

Why? the DLC has been subpar so far. In fact, the whole game is subpar.

I would recommend holding off indefinitely. Or rolling through on easy to experience the story. Increasing the difficulty only makes the enemies bullet sponges, and ends up highlighting some of the gross shortcomings with the gameplay.

Japle

Neo Member

Yup, had the same nervous moment when I bought Borderlands 2 with a dummy address a while back. Received my code in an hour or so nevertheless, so just sit back and stare at your already too goddamn long backlog, that just got longer.

Nymphae

Banned
I've won a few games the last couple of days, here's a little something back until I can afford a better gift for y'all.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Metro 2033, Risen, & Sacred Citadel -- MB-7A1CFB6E780147D2 - Taken by tylergregg. 10 entrants total.

t1385753888z1.png

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Isn't the game Steamworks though?

If so it would activate it on Steam even if you buy it on Origin.

While DMC is a Steamworks title, I believe the Origin version is actually an Origin version: note that unlike, say, Darksiders 2, there's no mention of Steam in the system requirements section.

Martian

Pretty silly that I would have to pay 45 euros for Black Ops (1)

BTW: I have not really been following the sales, but have either AOE2 or Far Cry been on sale? I am looking to pick up AOE2 the Forgotten and Far Cry 2

sprinkles

Yup, had the same nervous moment when I bought Borderlands 2 with a dummy address a while back. Received my code in an hour or so nevertheless, so just sit back and stare at your already too goddamn long backlog, that just got longer.
But.. but.. I want to buy Enslaved and Duck Tales and Star Trek as well from Amazon to improve the quality time I have by staring at my backlog even further!

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
The reason Bioshock 2 was so much better than BI in this regard, is the options that you had at your disposable. There were about 10 weapons you could carry at one time, each with different secondary uses and ammo types.
Tackling each encounter with the plethora of weapons and powers you had at your disposal actually kept the game very fresh.
Until you stop using weapons entirely.

Drill powerups plus decoy plus high levels of security whatever and the game becomes super easy

This is correct. Bioshock Infinite is actually the worst in the series from a gameplay perspective.

It really isn't. It has the most responsive controls in the series, meanwhile Bio1 has clunky controls ranging from weapon-plasmid switching to minigames to mouse acceleration. Bio2 streamlined it a bit, but gunplay still wasn't the best. But it's not like this series is renowned for its gunplay anyway.

derExperte

Worked for me in Infinite too, there was enough to change things up, especially the skylines. And protecting the little sisters got old fast in B2.

Teknoman

Should I buy Dishonored? I mean 7 bucks and the game has always sounded interesting...plus its got art design by that guy who did HL2's environments and enemies right?

Anteater

Fellow GAFfers I installed Dark Souls PTDE, downloaded DSfix, put in the correct folder and the only thing I changed there was, based on a GAFfer advice "unlimitedFPS" from 0 to 1.

I also disabled AA, resolution is 1920*1080. Game looks great and right now I don't think I may want to add more Mods since I'm horrible with such things and I'm afraid to mess it up.

However, every now and then I see some Horizontal lines on the screen. Is there anything I can do to make it better? Thanks in advance, I'm bad with these things...

I don't have the game but if you couldn't find a fix or answer here, try asking in the DSfix thread since durante posts there as well:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=488240&page=76

denx

Why? the DLC has been subpar so far. In fact, the whole game is subpar.

Debatable as Burial at Sea has pretty divided opinions. I'm just saying that if Madrugador wants to try the DLC for himself and get it for cheaper, he might as well just wait for the GOTY edition.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Should I buy Dishonored? I mean 7 bucks and the game has always sounded interesting...plus its got art design by that guy who did HL2's environments and enemies right?

It's definitely worth snapping up on the cheap; throw stealth to the wayside as the game's at its best when you're experimenting with the various powers/weapons. And, yes, Viktor Antonov was the art director on the game.

No daily deals that appeal to me (I'd hoped the Bioshock Infinite and CoD: Ghosts deals would trickle down to Bioshock 2 + Minerva's Den and CoD: Black Ops 2, respectively), but YES SPELUNKY FLASH SALE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom