• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Autumn Sale Thread 2013 - 3% Discounts Sale but no Shark

Status
Not open for further replies.

Li Kao

(About To the moon) Everyone else owns it. Join us.

MHuW96t.gif

Gone Home moves me. A lot. - and it's fantastic -
This shit is gonna rip me apart.

Mengy

wishes it were bannable to say mean things about Marvel
DAMN, I missed the Dishonored sale at 92%. Serves me right for playing a game during sale turnover time...

Ah well, time to pick up a Steam copy of Spelunky and the Euro Truck 2 DLC.

How come the SR4 season pass dropped MSRP from $20 to $10? Did they bail out on the idea of upcoming expansions for the game or something besides Enter the Dominatrix? Seems like if they're still going to do another expansion it's worth paying $1 more for the season pass over Dominatrix, unless there won't be another one.

There is another called The Saints Save Christmas.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
So weirdly clicking on some JaseC's link to steam, I think it threw me on australian steam? Everything is on dollars and thus cheaper than in europe store. I think I'll be buying some games from here if it is possible... at least CS: GO looks like a good price.

Steam's checkout system will change to your usual region (as determined by your nominated payment method) when attempting to purchase something.

In the event that I move to Europe, I intend to maintain a savings accounts here solely for use with Steam since dealing with the Aussie Tax seems far less annoying than putting up with Steam's default currency conversion rate of 1 Euro = 1 USD.

Grief.exe

Darn I think I messed up on my Assassin's Creed 3 online purchase. I purchased the [Download] version instead of the [Online Game Code] version. I guess now Assassin's Creed 3 will be a direct download instead of being added to my Steam.

I need to make sure to read the Amazon help topic, before purchasing a game online next time (that was my first time buying something online from Amazon).

It activates on Uplay. Not all games activate on Steam, especially ones that were released before Steamworks, or Ubisoft/EA games.

Always read the page, or ask in the thread to make sure. Here is the version of ACIII you wanted:

XjyVH7H.png

Also, invest in a series with better games

denx

DAMN, I missed the Dishonored sale at 92%. Serves me right for playing a game during sale turnover time...

Ah well, time to pick up a Steam copy of Spelunky and the Euro Truck 2 DLC.

Didn't realise the Euro Truck 2 DLC was also -75%. Bought.

koolaroo

Ugh so this is what black friday is like with a job. Oh I want this and this and this and can afford it. Must resist emptying my bank account on games I might not play.

Ezalc

So I just found out that the base Deus Ex HR game isn't on steam anymore, only the Director's cut version is. Apparently you can still buy the base game at amazon and then get a steam key and redeem it. :eek:

Try their customer support. They're notoriously amazing.

I'll try out the customer support. Hopefully Amazon goes easy on me and let's me switch the 2 (also helps that my order hasn't been processed fully yet) since this was a first time purchase for me.

It activates on Uplay. Not all games activate on Steam, especially ones that were released before Steamworks, or Ubisoft/EA games.

Always read the page, or ask in the thread to make sure. Here is the version of ACIII you wanted:

XjyVH7H.png

Also, invest in a series with better games

Thanks once again grief.exe. I feel like such a noob today even though this is my 2nd Steam sale already.

Crisco

Banned
Is Bioshock Infinite for $9.99 a good deal? I probably won't even play it for several weeks, is it possible that it'll be that cheap or cheaper around xmas?

The_Monk

Fellow GAFfers I installed Dark Souls PTDE, downloaded DSfix, put in the correct folder and the only thing I changed there was, based on a GAFfer advice "unlimitedFPS" from 0 to 1.

I also disabled AA, resolution is 1920*1080. Game looks great and right now I don't think I may want to add more Mods since I'm horrible with such things and I'm afraid to mess it up.

However, every now and then I see some Horizontal lines on the screen. Is there anything I can do to make it better? Thanks in advance, I'm bad with these things...

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
So I just found out that the base Deus Ex HR game isn't on steam anymore, only the Director's cut version is. Apparently you can still buy the base game at amazon and then get a steam key and redeem it. :eek:

Yeah, keys aren't blacklisted when a game disappears from the store, even if the move was voluntary.

Is Bioshock Infinite for $9.99 a good deal? I probably won't even play it for several weeks, is it possible that it'll be that cheap or cheaper around xmas?

Not cheaper via steam store - christmas sale has the same base discounts as this sale (based on the leaked stuff), dailies could be different games but these autumn sales dailies are as low as they will go in winter sale too.

It was 8$ in some other store though (and it had steam key)

I couldn't finish Gone Home, sure it has a good story but I couldn't get the game to run any higher than a 480p window for some reason, and it bored the hell out of me.

Damn Rogue Legacy is awesome though, new addiction for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom