• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Autumn Sale Thread 2013 - 3% Discounts Sale but no Shark

Status
Not open for further replies.
So weirdly clicking on some JaseC's link to steam, I think it threw me on australian steam? Everything is on dollars and thus cheaper than in europe store. I think I'll be buying some games from here if it is possible... at least CS: GO looks like a good price.

denx

"Is <xyz> going to be a daily deal?"

Valve selects a range of stuff to be the daily deal. They typically include a handful of larger, mega-publisher games, a handful of quirky PC mid-tier publisher games, and a handful of independent games. Now that early access is a thing, they're going to include the scattered early access game. In general the games featured as daily deals and flash deals are willing to discount at least 50%. In general Valve is picking games that people would be interested in, so high popularity games or games they think have a certain level of breakout potential. Most of the games they choose review well, although not all. Games that are part of a daily deal typically show up as daily deals in subsequent sales (and publishers who participate typically participate again later). In general I would guess that if Amazon or GMG or whatever have significantly better deals than the Steam sale discount, there's at least some possibility of it being a subsequent daily deal.

There are exactly two ways you can be sure that something won't be a daily deal:
- When the dev explicitly says there won't be a daily deal

- When a game is obviously abandoned, not on sale at all, and either has a defunct publisher or a publisher who has never shown any interest in Steam at all at any point in time. (IE The Doctor Who Adventures, currently on 0% discount, aren't magically going to be a daily deal)

Now there is no reason to ask whether or not something is going to be a daily deal.

This could be helpful if you could edit it into the OP.

I'm still grinning like an idiot for getting Dishonored GOTY at 3 dollars. Best pricing error since the entire Sonic collection was at 7 dollars.

Not exactly, I just lie in bed staring at my framed one-sheet of The Lovely Bones.

(I actually do have a framed one-sheet of The Lovely Bones.)

heavy-weapons-guy-team-fortress-computer-thumbs-up-1369068546K.jpg

You may as well considering you never play games on it.

Kettle meet pot, pot, kettle.

derExperte

My wishlist isn't shrinking but I'm still spending money. Black magic
aka DLCs for games I haven't played

PS4 announced in Uruguay. $1200

awh yeah time to sell my PC

That's only a little more than what a PS4 costs in Germany on eBay right now. Seems fair.

Grief.exe

I wonder if deus ex human revolution director's cut will get a discount. Probably the last game I really want.

You get discounts on that by owning the base game + DLC. If they discounted the director's cut further, the people who own the base game could pick it up for pennies.

Apparently, the base game is the definitive way to experience Human Revolution. The director's cut is running on an older version of the engine and there are still numerous bugs they have yet to fix.

I wonder if deus ex human revolution director's cut will get a discount. Probably the last game I really want.

Eh, I bought the collection from GMG last night. $7.20 all in for all three games and all of HR's DLC. I hear the DC isn't much better than the regular edition unless you want the commentary.

The_Monk

Tell me good friends, how is To The Moon?

Go for the journey, not for the destination. :) Enjoy the conversations and story since there is almost no gameplay elements. The story can be emotional if you let it be that way.

Also, it's not a long game, I finished in about 4 Hours but it was really worth all my time and attention. If you can, get it fellow GAFfer, it's a great game to play between others you may have on your backlog.

Ezalc

You get discounts on that by owning the base game + DLC. If they discounted the director's cut further, the people who own the base game could pick it up for pennies.

Apparently, the base game is the definitive way to experience Human Revolution. The director's cut is running on an older version of the engine and there are still numerous bugs they have yet to fix.

Hm I don't own the base game that's why I thought it would be better to buy the Director's Cut version, that's interesting.

Papytendo

Time for my raffle of Dishonored GOTY! However, I added some mystery to mine. One of these games is Dishonored GOTY, the other is Bad Rats. Good luck.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Mystery Game #1 -- MB-21FAD0A5A7292BF7 - Taken by blazeuk. 49 entrants total.
Mystery Game #2 -- MB-BC233F09CCFBA5C6 - Taken by drizzle. 34 entrants total.

t1385761898z1.png
Make sure to PM me in case it doesn't work. Unless you win Bad Rats, of course.

Darn I think I messed up on my Assassin's Creed 3 online purchase. I purchased the [Download] version instead of the [Online Game Code] version. I guess now Assassin's Creed 3 will be a direct download instead of being added to my Steam.

I need to make sure to read the Amazon help topic, before purchasing a game online next time (that was my first time buying something online from Amazon).

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
Time for my raffle of Dishonored GOTY! However, I added some mystery to mine. One of these games is Dishonored GOTY, the other is Bad Rats. Good luck.

Amazing.

denx

I might participate in this just to win Bad Rats.

Should I wait on Deadly Premonition, or should I just buy it? I've been hearing a lot of people saying the price might not change, so I'm considering it.

$12 for Deadly Premonition doesn't sound so bad but I can always go for less.

Just wait until the final set of sales to show up sunday. If it isn't a daily by then, go ahead and buy. I have about 5 games on my wish list that I'm going to do that with. They probably won't go up but I'm willing to wait just in case.

Anteater

sucks for people who has dishonored and want to enter for bad rats.

derExperte

Just wait until the final set of sales to show up sunday. If it isn't a daily by then, go ahead and buy. I have about 5 games on my wish list that I'm going to do that with. They probably won't go up but I'm willing to wait just in case.

Monday. The sale runs one day longer until Tuesday.

Darn I think I messed up on my Assassin's Creed 3 online purchase. I purchased the [Download] version instead of the [Online Game Code] version. I guess now Assassin's Creed 3 will be a direct download instead of being added to my Steam.

I need to make sure to read the Amazon help topic, before purchasing a game online next time (that was my first time buying something online from Amazon).

Try their customer support. They're notoriously amazing.

Oh this is so villainous, so glad I got in on the goty so I can avoid badrats.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom