• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Autumn Sale Thread 2013 - 3% Discounts Sale but no Shark

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tesseract

Banned
idtv0RZmG3INT.gif

poopninjamvc3mk

I sucked six dicks to get this tag.
Can I play Dishonored with a controller or should I use KB/M? Is one preferable over the other?

I have no idea what kind of game it is

It's a first person singleplayer stealth game, not a ultra competitive multiplayer fps. Anyway you choose to play is fine, but I prefer to play on a couch with a controller for singleplayer games like Bioshock 1-2 and Dishonered. Not like you're going to need to be super accurate or anything.

zkylon

zkylewd
Same here, I don't want to start Dishonored until I have all the DLC (sans the preorder bonuses one).

tbh I started the first actual dlc (not that trial crap thing) right after beating the game but I was a bit tired of dishonored by then

now you might want to buy the main game only and then someday buy the dlc, that's not a bad idea either, considering the goty edition is like twice the base price

Karu

Got through with my planned purchases (Half Life 2 Eps. 1 & 2), and now just looking for some spontaneous ones, though probably not. Especially when I see that most games are the same $ and € prices I get a lil' bit discouraged. We'll see...

r3n4ud

Could be worse, Saira was in a bundle just earlier this year. Darkest of Days on the other hand... :(
And worst of all, they also opted out of family sharing, so I can't play it via stump's account either. Bastards.
Advent Rising never on sale as well... :/

tbh I started the first actual dlc (not that trial crap thing) right after beating the game but I was a bit tired of dishonored by then

now you might want to buy the main game only and then someday buy the dlc, that's not a bad idea either, considering the goty edition is like twice the base price

I've been taking a break too. Starting it right after the game was a bit much, but now that I've let some time pass, I'm looking forward to going through both of those.

Just saw this Tetrobot. I really loved Blocks that matter and didnt even notice there was a sequel since one month...

I somehow think there are also disadvantages when there are TOO much Indiegames on Steam. I remember Blocks that matter was released, when there were more Retailgames on Steam than Indiegames. Now we have it vice-versa and games may be overlooked.

Mengy

wishes it were bannable to say mean things about Marvel
I have an extra key for SPAZ. It's a fun space game, old school but well done:

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Space Pirates and Zombies -- MB-99C11FB5EE575C9B - Taken by elhav. 5 entrants total.

t1385777289z1.png

Karu

It really upsets me to have bought Rogue Legacy of that GOG-Sale a week back. Those missing achevements and time-tracker somehow bug me more than I anticipated. Damn addictive game nonetheless...

Caerith

Just got back in town. Hope US GAF had a great Thanksgiving.

Picked up Rogue Legacy yesterday. Having a good time so far, anyone have any tips?
I'd suggest:
  • Don't over-expand the manor too early. There is absolutely no drawback to focusing all your gold on core stats of HP, attack, etc, before unlocking extra classes.
  • Exception to the above: unlocking Spelunker to reach the "get more gold" passive.
  • Mobility runes (jump, dash) are grossly underrated. Being able to jump three times in a row is a game-changer.
  • Use your SP. Barbarian shout, paladin shield, assassin invulnerability? These prevent a lot of damage, and there's nothing sadder than dying with full SP and an ability that could have saved your life.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member

Oh no, I already own the base game and the Knife of Whatever and Random City Trials DLCs. I'm waiting for the Hogwarts Witches one to go on sale for cheap, and then I'll buy it and play them all forget about them.

derExperte

Only thing really left on my list is Brothers but I haven't heard as much indie chat about that one as some others. Recommended?

It was a big thing when released. And during the first sale. There's just not much to talk about after completing it compared to let's say Spelunky. But it's one of the must plays of 2013.

garath

So far only State of Decay and the Wizardry bundle has caught my eye. I was debating Roller Coaster Tycoon but I'm not sure if I really see myself playing it that much.

Can't say much else is high on my wish list. Unless they decide to discount Deus Ex: Director's cut.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom