• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Autumn Sale Thread 2013 - 3% Discounts Sale but no Shark

Status
Not open for further replies.

Prophane33

So far only State of Decay and the Wizardry bundle has caught my eye. I was debating Roller Coaster Tycoon but I'm not sure if I really see myself playing it that much.

Can't say much else is high on my wish list. Unless they decide to discount Deus Ex: Director's cut.

Okay, after so many people mentioning this my curiosity is piqued; are wizardry 6 and 7 still fun today? Does Wizardry 8 hold up pretty well too?

Card Boy

Banned
I know this has being asked but it will help other Aussies and possibly Germans. If i get Saints Row 4 from Amazon will it be uncensored?

Tablo

Still waiting for Rome II to go
on a more substantial discount...
Not sure if I'm going to get ac4 yet, maybe I'll wait for the Christmas sale for that.

elhav

Not sure if I'm going to get ac4 yet, maybe I'll wait for the Christmas sale for that.
I wouldn't get it for pc if I were you. It has a shit ton of issues like stuttering and what not. As did most of the other AC games on the pc.

Grief.exe

Call of Duty Ghosts is almost out of the top 20

ugtqFNW.png

Caerith

I know this has being asked but it will help other Aussies and possibly Germans. If i get Saints Row 4 from Amazon will it be uncensored?
It shouldn't. If you're buying as an American (US address, US store) it should be an uncensored key. As I understand it, it's only the censored version if it's sold from the censored-region storefronts.

But I could be wrong.

derExperte

It shouldn't. If you're buying as an American (US address, US store) it should be an uncensored key. As I understand it, it's only the censored version if it's sold from the censored-region storefronts.

But I could be wrong.

It's region locked though, you need VPN to activate.

JSoup

Banned
Think Knights of Pen and Paper will be a daily deal? It totally looks like the type of game you'd see in a indie bundle, but I'm not sure if it's worth $5. Same with Evoland.

Dorrin

Picked up both Rogue Legacy and Spelunky. How do the save games work for these titles, do they have different profiles that my son and I can use?

elhav

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Metro 2033, Risen, and Sacred Citadel -- MB-C3B870F7E43E8BC3 - Taken by Shambles. 10 entrants total.

t1385769459z1.png
My last giveaway for the day. Will give away some more games tomorrow. Cheers.

wazoo

Think Knights of Pen and Paper will be a daily deal? It totally looks like the type of game you'd see in a indie bundle, but I'm not sure if it's worth $5. Same with Evoland.

That kind of game get a fixed rebate through the sales.

Caerith

Whether your question is "is it worth it" or "can I get it cheaper," here's the answer:

Xelios said:
Overall, Knights of Pen & Paper is passable in the context of mobile gaming, but completely forgettable when compared with quality games on the PC platform. Considering the price is $9.99 on Steam vs a mere $2.99 on iOS and Android, it’s borderline offensive that the devs left in-app purchases in the game--allowing you to buy gold with your Steam wallet funds. Such a shameless exhibit of its mobile origins is perhaps a fitting red flag for a game which also fails to break away from the shallow, repetitive gameplay those origins typically entail.

The Endless Space expansion Disharmony is 66% off costing a meager 3.40$. Really enjoyed the base game and it sounds like there's been a couple of updates to the expansion, I'll have to check it out.

JSoup

Banned
Whether your question is "is it worth it" or "can I get it cheaper," here's the answer:

Ick, wasn't aware of the micro-transaction crap. Looking at the review section on Steam (which, now I know it's actually useful, I'll be making more use of), I think I'll pass on it.

Grief.exe

Man Spelunky is awful. I much prefer Rogue Legacy over that game so far, as grindy as it is.

Spelunky is all about skill and knowledge, Rogue Legacy is as well, but with less emphasis on the two and gated by grinding.

The funny thing is I like difficult platformers to an extent, but I'm not very good at them. Though Volgarr, Spelunky, and Rogue Legacy are helping my skills.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Man Spelunky is awful. I much prefer Rogue Legacy over that game so far, as grindy as it is.

I'm going to agree with you on this one. I played Spelunky for about an hour and only made it past the first 4 levels (out of the mines) once, and I didn't have a spare bomb to open the tunnel.

So after almost an hour of playing I've got exactly nowhere. I like hard platformers but the random nature of this game lends itself to "oh you fell and died and there wasn't anything else you could have done about it" much more than Rogue Legacy's "Oh you died and there was nothing you could do about it this time, but now you have more powerful gear and upgrades so next time it won't happen.

I guess I'm just not a huge fan of hardcore roguelikes.

Leatherface

ModBot said:
Instructions for Leatherface:

I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Dishonored -- MB-40DC4292BD4FD5E0 - Taken by Kifimbo

:)

That's what I'm holding out for as well. Rome II and Shadowrun Returns. Maybe Remember Me if it gets low enough as well.

I was out of town when Rome II released and reading all of the problems it faced at launch kept me from grabbing it. At some point I decided to just wait until Steam Sale. Sad, Total War is one of my favorite franchises and I've been getting the itch for the past two months.

Kifimbo

Wow, thanks!

I have to give something as good.

ModBot said:

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible

Mad Cats -- MB-A4330062A040C800 - Taken by crazyrabbits

:)

garath

Okay, after so many people mentioning this my curiosity is piqued; are wizardry 6 and 7 still fun today? Does Wizardry 8 hold up pretty well too?

I have no idea lol. I bought it for nostalgia reasons. I do plan on playing 8 again. But honestly it'll probably sit in my backlog for a bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom