• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | December 2014 - Read OP for winter sale questions

derExperte

I said that it was the best NG since black and then some ppl agreed and some ppl were like "u crazy" and that was that..

But no one agreed. Also you only played 2 hours of it. Honestly, combined with that title I would've shut down the thread too.

MUnited83

For you.
Reagrding the banned trader, this is in Valve's ToS:
"You agree that you will not use IP proxying or other methods to disguise the place of your residence, whether to circumvent geographical restrictions on game content, to purchase at pricing not applicable to your geography, or for any other purpose."

While he himself did not circumvent geographical restrictions he was the method others used to do so, a enabler, and was banned because of it. Valve has legal ground on this one and what I find funny is everyone turning on Valve for doing a bad job.
Sure, it sucks that you won't be able yo buy games on the cheap anymore but rules are rules. (or terms in this case)
Not really though. Read it again. Thats only talking about using proxies/VPN to purchase games from cheaper stores. Has nothing to do with trading. Cross-region trading is not against the ToS and it never was. And if it was, it would be something that 1) Valve would clearly state on their policies, 2)something that they can very easily block. Whatever is going on right now is nothing more than stupidity on Valve's part. Want to make trading against the rules? Then state that in the rules! Clearly steam support has jackshit idea of whats going on either, as the guy that made the post is not banned anymore.

redlacs

apparently, i was among the last few who havent played this game, but still, let me also say that this game is amazing! 10/10 - would get confused again

you can rotate the maps 360° and walk as far as gravity allows you (few levels even require some use of momentum). then theres fifth key for rewinding time at any time, in case you want to follow different path (or when you get crushed by menace balls).

you WILL get confused and you WILL get stuck. even a little headache is in order, but thanks to the simple controls, its no problem to put the game aside even for couple of weeks and anytime pick up where you left off.

anyway, a lot was already written about it so i wont even pretend i have reviewing skills. just wanted to say this game looks awesome and is overall very refreshing experience for me.

MIND. BLOWING. LEVELS.

Deques

that's so incredibly mean, I'm speechless!

edited
Talking about NG, we aren't getting any more of NG games ever, because Yaiba sold poorly, no? (><)

They chose the wrong NG game to be released in Steam. nonetheless, I still bought it from the last sale. I hope more NG games will come to Steam

Arthea

agreed redlacks, The Bridge is pretty great.
I need to get back and finish it one of these days

some update on Xseed side of things:

about Trails SC:
2014 isn't happening. For certain. But we're getting very, very close to finalizing the text and beginning intensive QA.
spring 2015? believe!

About differences of Corpse Party PC version:
The PC version is the original, and is an indie title as opposed to a professionally-produced game, so there are numerous aesthetic differences -- different voice-acting across the board (some with very different but equally interesting interpretations of the characters), different character art stills, different background tiles and effects, different music in a few spots (sometimes not as good as the PSP versions, sometimes surprisingly better), a couple minor differences in the dialogue (we're talking VERY minor, as in "see if you can spot the differences" differences!), a few extra scenes and endings in chapter 5 that were not present in the PSP version, a whole new extra chapter based on "Tooth" from Corpse Party: Book of Shadows (but presented in the style of the original Corpse Party)... and a super-duper fancy text box with crazy animations going on behind it for some reason.
There are also some omissions, though -- there are only four extra chapters (3 of the 10 from the PSP version + Tooth), there are none of those full-screen art stills (just character portraits by themselves), and there's far less voice-acting in general in chapters 1-3 (though about the same amount in chapters 4 and 5).

They chose the wrong NG game to be released in Steam. nonetheless, I still bought it from the last sale. I hope more NG games will come to Steam
that's the joke, you choose the game most people don't want, and then when they don't buy it, you say: "see, you don't want our games".
If they buy it, it's win-win situation, you release more games they don't want and sell those too (><)

the biggest Yaiba problem was initial price of 60&#8364;, funny in a very sad way, no? I can't believe, they thought it's a fair price to ask.

drgambit

Banned
I did not know this but the Nekopara demo is now available...
I am freaking out right now...

ss_8d26d27426fdfe46b252cb21bcdcbde64c44fb3d.600x338.jpg

Grief.exe

that's so incredibly mean, I'm speechless!

edited
Talking about NG, we aren't getting any more of NG games ever, because Yaiba sold poorly, no? (><)

Tecmo continues to port games to PC, so it's a possibility.

Late to the party and hijacking a convo but sod it!

Tactical view still holds up quite well but the closer cam and conversation scenes looked nothing spectacular even at time of release. You can of course mod the shit out of it and there's plenty of new hair-do's, key character face reworkings and armour remodelings, environment texture replacements and enhancements and with a touch of HBAO+ and SGSSAA (I think AA in game is MSAA so just enhance that) can add some much need contact shadowing and clean the image up.

Downsampling also is doable but UI scales with resolution and being a kb&m driven game it can become a pain at high resolutions just to play the game let alone read any of the text. A screen size of 22" or less I wouldn't go higher than 2560x1440 and I wouldn't think 3840x2160 would be usable on anything smaller than a 27" screen. Thankfully the trend of separate rendering resolution from presentation resolution has been in quite a few titles so fingers crossed that's here to stay with a bit more customisation to scale UI to your screen size and type.

One issue DA:O still has is that it runs out of address space pretty quick, even more so when modding. Loading transitions increase and you can get a fair amount of hitching as the process is starved of memory. You can modify the executable to be large address aware which sorts out the issue but I don't know if the Steam exe plays ball.

Definitely a game worth playing though with the CRPG renaissance recently it's not like we've been as starved of great examples just this year alone. I've got about 30 RPG's on the cards for next year that could take up the whole year on their own!

Thanks for the detailed post Dogg.

I thought you all letter quest lovers would love me going all anal on japanese words and stuff :p

Sorry about that btw. :(

Talking about NekoPara, is there a release date for the full game?

Derp

OH MY GOD. Remember a couple days ago (or was it yesterday) when I posted a link here to the petition where some women wanted GTA V removed from Target in Australia? And then I had a laugh about it?

It's actually freaking happening. This country just disappoints me on so many levels.

user237

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 5 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.

t1cxE6r.gif
Sonic Generations -- MB-9002760968DE78E9 - Taken by anastef
Darkest Hour: A Hearts of Iron Game -- MB-84B2CC9D92A063CF - Taken by roadrunn3r
War of the Roses: Kingmaker #2 -- MB-4132D5CC3AEBD008 - Taken by The Red Wizard
War of the Roses: Kingmaker -- MB-736CAC67B1F13280 - Taken by TheMadMan007
Ichi -- MB-BBAF056E4C31515E - Taken by Widdly Scuds

please, take more than one

Note: Kingmaker is a paid DLC to a free game, so you can use it even if you don't already have the base game

Does anyone else hope we get more games in the DRAGON THE GAME genre?

I would love to have the following

DRAGON NFL 2016 - Sports
DRAGONCRAFT - Minecraft clone
World of DRAGON - MMO
D.R.A.G.O.N. - MOBA
Artificial DRAGON 3 - hentai

Corpekata

Banned
They're not on Steam because of GAME UK. They have "exclusive" versions. This was also what happened with some THQ games a few years ago. Same deal where they were on stores like Gamersgate, probably because to a company like GAME those stores are beneath their notice.

Top Bottom