• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | December 2015 - _ Diretide Greetings and Happy Holidailies

Status
Not open for further replies.

Soulflarz

Banned
"Oh you preordered and stuck it out through this mess? Here is literally fucking nothing"

Let me tell you all the story of my GTX 980:

It was a good card.
I bought it well. However, it had one issue. It came with a broken game called Arkham Knight.

This would not do. I went to amazon and complained. They agreed this was scummy, and gave me $30 amazon credit, which was used to buy the 3ds miku game.
However, when Newegg started to give MGSV codes as an apology, I contacted Amazon again. Them being the enabling parent that they were, they agreed, and refunded me $60 as an apology, completely ignoring the fact I had just bitched to them about the same topic a month ago, which I used to buy an MGSV code and D4 Deluxe.

Bless you amazon, bless you Arkham Knight, PC port of the generation. Not only did I not pay for you, you got me $90 from thin air.

Let me tell you all the story of my GTX 980:

It was a good card.
I bought it well. However, it had one issue. It came with a broken game called Arkham Knight.

This would not do. I went to amazon and complained. They agreed this was scummy, and gave me $30 amazon credit, which was used to buy the 3ds miku game.
However, when Newegg started to give MGSV codes as an apology, I contacted Amazon again. Them being the enabling parent that they were, they agreed, and refunded me $60 as an apology, completely ignoring the fact I had just bitched to them about the same topic a month ago, which I used to buy an MGSV code and D4 Deluxe.

Bless you amazon, bless you Arkham Knight, PC port of the generation. Not only did I not pay for you, you got me $90 from thin air.

I went through Nuuvem.

I fucked up.

Grief.exe

Interestingly, the next up video is better from the first min I just watched :3 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fr7u1tWsGBk

(am biased since theyre old :V)

lol at TLOU 6/10

someone gif them running across the river of EA bribes

I'm a huge proponent of gaming journalists applying more objective critique to their reviews, similarly to other mediums. I'm being somewhat hyperbolic, but currently reading mainstream reviews in this industry reads like a glorified advertisement for the game.

It reminds me when Comcast and Time Warner were pumping money into the political system to destroy Net Neutrality. Reading the letters in support of the service providers from Governors and Senators on the payroll read like they were ghostwritten by Comcast.

But really, they need the industry , giving low scores to most AAA games is counter productive for them.

That integrity.

Kriken

But really, they need the industry , giving low scores to most AAA games is counter productive for them.

Real talk, I have more respect for movie reviewers because they're not afraid to use the full 0-10 scale and this forum would have a meltdown if reviews were handled like the way Rotten Tomatoes handles them

Annubis

Interestingly, the next up video is better from the first min I just watched :3 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fr7u1tWsGBk

(am biased since theyre old :V)

lol at TLOU 6/10

someone gif them running across the river of EA bribes
Kj9od9cl.jpg

Soulflarz

Banned
I'm a huge proponent of gaming journalists applying more objective critique to their reviews, similarly to other mediums. I'm being somewhat hyperbolic, but currently reading mainstream reviews in this industry reads like a glorified advertisement for the game.

Im not for straight up objective (or else we hit Jim Sterling levels) but if you manage to have fun with AC2 clone 18354 for no other reason than it's AC styled, don't give it an 8.5 out of 10, it did nothing unique.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
Oh my, I've actually been waiting for Shadow Complex to come to PC for years. I owned it on 360 and played a bit of it, liked it, but have held off playing it for such an announcement to one day happen (plus the original had some shoddy FPS).

For those curious what it is; It was one of the first bigger digital Metroidvania games before they existed everywhere in the digital scene. The game had some good atmosphere, a cool little cliche but enjoyable story going for it, and one of its biggest hooks was the game is 2.5D, by which I mean things in the background/foreground could attack you, and you could attack them back. Also starts with you as a mostly weak human before you get your super armor, starting on a hike in the woods and mountains before finding some hidden underground complex.

Also, it had moody 2000s boy band music.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.

this. Changes. EVERYTHING.

Will buy.

It's based on (well, set in the same universe as) Empire by Orson Scott Card. It's honestly pretty great, and I've been waiting years for it to come to PC or any platform that isn't the Xbox 360. You know that thread on gaming side that said "What do you hope for every time you open the gaming forum on Neogaf?" This is it.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
shadow complex is one of my top 10 or so out of the 200 or so last-gen games i have that don't have pc releases, and almost all of which have dead developers, publishers, expired licenses, etc.

Just passing time by trying to get people to get Disgaea on PC.

Man, I just realized that Blighttown and The Great Hollow are both visible aaaaall the way from Firelink Shrine :eek:

Firelink Shrine > Majula all day erry day

Such a gorgeous place. One of my most beloved places in all of gaming.

Also got around saving Reah! Her voice actress did a magnificent job.

dark souls>bloodborne>demon's souls>dark souls 2

After about 2.5 hours of Jade Empire I don't like it as much as I remembered, all the dialogue is so stilted and it just feels really slow, I remember it being quicker and even more actiony the last time I played it.

But in more shocking news, I have 3 separate copies of Dragon Age Origins in my Origin library.

After about 2.5 hours of Jade Empire I don't like it as much as I remembered, all the dialogue is so stilted and it just feels really slow, I remember it being quicker and even more actiony the last time I played it.

But in more shocking news, I have 3 separate copies of Dragon Age Origins in my Origin library.

I have 2 completely identical copies of Peggle for some inexplicable reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom